• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This inverted shit has been bollocks, either stick the cunt at RB or fully transition him as a midfielder....I don't particularly care at this point which it is but this whole giving into what Trent wants to do is working against us.....our other midfielders are suffering as a result because they have no clue what they're supposed to be doing. He was shit again today just like he was at Sheffield, 1 assist from about 20 set play attempts doesn't cover up a shit show of a performance.
Yeah, I can really see Klopp being the type of manager to ‘give in’ to whatever one player ‘wants to do’.

Do you even read through the shite you spout about Trent / Klopp?

Ps - we’re top of the table

Yeah, I can really see Klopp being the type of manager to ‘give in’ to whatever one player ‘wants to do’.

I do, but I also see the shite performances out on the pitch so I can put that down to whatever I feel is causing that issue.

Not said anything about Klopp? It's on the players to make it work if this is what he wants drilled into the side.

Being top is great, I'd still like to see us play well for more than 15mins of a game and smash teams once in a while.

Didn’t Klopp give in to Hendo wanting to play at RCM a few years back? I think he can is the player is persistent and overall it makes sense.

This thread, you would think we just lost 3-0 at home. No need to go to redcaf, just look at this place at times.

Give in? Hendo was shite in the DM position.

He wasn’t great, but it was Klopp’s idea to play him there - but Hendo wanted to play further forward and kept “banging on the door” about this in Klopp’s words and finally Klopp relented when we were losing to Southampton, I think. Hendo came on as a sub at RCM, scored one of the goals and set up another if I remember rightly and stayed in that position ever since, for the most part. This shows Klopp can be argued with - if the player can justify his case by actually doing his talking on the pitch.

He wasn’t great, but it was Klopp’s idea to play him there - but Hendo wanted to play further forward and kept “banging on the door” about this in Klopp’s words and finally Klopp relented when we were losing to Southampton, I think. Hendo came on as a sub at RCM, scored one of the goals if I remember rightly and stay in that position ever since, for the most part.
Yeah, it suited him better.

This inverted shit has been bollocks, either stick the cunt at RB or fully transition him as a midfielder....I don't particularly care at this point which it is but this whole giving into what Trent wants to do is working against us.....our other midfielders are suffering as a result because they have no clue what they're supposed to be doing. He was shit again today just like he was at Sheffield, 1 assist from about 20 set play attempts doesn't cover up a shit show of a performance.

mods move this to the knee jerk thread (it’s ok mate we’ve all been there :) )

We were lucky today. However, that habit of grinding out tough wins is an excellent one. I would like to see us click a little more, but today I completely expected this kinda game, and we have to be delighted. Top of the league and we haven't been close to hitting our straps. What is clear is that Klopp has repeatedly shown he can make the changes needed during a game to change our fortunes. Big props to Harvey again when he came on. He was excellent and drove us forward repeatedly.

Fair enough - but the easy ball was back to the defender and he often didn’t, took a touch and played himself into trouble.

A key component of being our DM is to receive the ball and break through the press either by passing or carrying - he just, in my opinion, wasn’t “on it” today and Palace knew it and they also targeted him.

Same happened to Mac A earlier in the season - it’s a tough position to fill for us. But Inthough Trent did well.
How exactly did he play himself into trouble if he was only dispossessed twice and had a 93% pass accuracy? Sounds like the stats completely contradict your point? I thought he was one of the few looking to get on the ball during a strong press from CP especially Hughes.

Even Klopp wasn't too happy post match after the win so I guess it's reciprocated around the club.

We need an hour or so to cool down and soak it all in before getting our heads screwed back in.
Everyone else can be delighted, personally I’m ecstatic Klopp is like that. Keeps everyone grounded and focused.

I am not sure the box midfield is working well against the low-block - certainly not today.

Palace were so narrow and deep and we did not take advantage of the space out wide. I would rather us play with high full backs and Endo protecting the CBs like Fabs used to. If we want Trent in midfield, play Gomez or Bradley at FB and Trent for Dominic.
Selhurst Park is one of the most narrow pitches in the league. There was fuck all space out wide for Diaz, Simmi or Salah Trent.

A what now?

I love Nunez, he was shite today though.
It’s non contest, Mo is a goal contributing machine come hail or shine.

Nunez hasn't even got going yet in his Liverpool career and he's already world class. Mo will be gone in the summer, Nunez will still be here for the next 6-7 years being the absolute machine that he is and leading us to multiple titles. His finishing will improve, he'll score at least 20 goals in each of those 6-7 seasons and then we can go from there.

A what now?

Nunez hasn't even got going yet in his Liverpool career and he's already world class. Mo will be gone in the summer, Nunez will still be here for the next 6-7 years being the absolute machine that he is and leading us to multiple titles. His finishing will improve, he'll score at least 20 goals in each of those 6-7 seasons and then we can go from there.

Can’t fault the effort from what I’ve seen.
Oh and Allison is a Brazilian GOD!

A what now?

And if he does he still won’t match MO’s numbers.
At the moment only madman would include Nunez over Mo.

And if he does he still won’t match MO’s numbers.
At the moment only madman would include Nunez over Mo.
Probably not, maybe no one ever will again but that's not to say he can't become as influential.

Mo isn't gonna be here for the next 6-7 years so it doesn't really matter & until then it looks as though both will be in it together so again there isn't a me over you or you over me thing.

Probably not, maybe no one ever will again but that's not to say he can't become as influential.

Mo isn't gonna be here for the next 6-7 years so it doesn't really matter & until then it looks as though both will be in it together so again there isn't a me over you or you over me thing.
For the record I love Nunez even though he frustrates me at times. I can see Mo here longer than Nunez.

The way Nunez is taking chances and can’t work out offside, he may not be at LFC still in 7 months. I like the lad and hope he is though.

The way Nunez is taking chances and can’t work out offside, he may not be at LFC still in 7 months. I like the lad and hope he is though.
Lol. No one can afford him even if we wanted to sell unless we’re stupid enough to take a hit, and to sign who else? Nunez is top 2-3 across Europe for goals and assists per 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom