• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did palace break the rules with the subs? Thought it wa smeant to be half time and 3 instances for subs, but they had 4?

LOL.
I’ll take his utter shite over Nunez’s anyday thanks.

Goals change games. He changed the game today. Again!!
Nunez was utter shite aswell, I don't need to make a case for him today.

Salah has been shite for months now.

He didn't change the game, the red card and subs did.

LOL.
I’ll take his utter shite over Nunez’s anyday thanks.

Goals change games. He changed the game today. Again!!

He didn't change the game though. The subs did. He benefitted from them changing the game. He is effective now when others make things for him, we need someone who has the threat he used to have on his own. It would be Nunez if teams were afraid of him scoring.

You aren't being serious.

He was awful, he shouldn't be playing all these games, but we don't have any choice.
I’ll take your version of awful every game til the end of the season please.
He’ll end up with 33 goals and 29 assists.
Any game an attacker scores a late equaliser and assists the winner cannot be described as awful. Ridiculous to say otherwise.

Lads

All front 5 were just fucking horrible

A reason why jota played all the time, even when he wasn't scoring, is he glues things together a bit. Gakpo does that more playing in the firmino role, but we can't play that formation really anymore.

And I’d have to disagree back - he was constantly getting caught in possession, more so than Trent - he was a liability.

Screenshot_20231209-150637.png

He was dispossessed twice. I don't think that's unreasonable in a game like that. He constantly passed to under pressure, and managed to sort it out a majority of the time

I know you don’t drink, so what drugs have you been taking this evening?
The drugs where our best playeer dragged us back from a SCM meltdown special where we were losing 1-0 til did the hardest thing to do in football.

The drugs where our best playeer dragged us back from a SCM meltdown special where we were losing 1-0 til did the hardest thing to do in football.

He scored a deflection pat. Not even a slight nick. A wild deflection.

His assist was a pass 30 yards from goal. Then it was the Elliott show

Funny how he’s won our player of the month eh?

He scored a deflection pat.
The first part is all that matters in that sentence.
We were heading for defeat playing for the 4th time in 8.5 days and he scored.
That’ll do me every fucking day of the week.

Funny how he’s won our player of the month eh?
Says more about our team performances as a whole.

Ali even though he's missed 1 game, is far more worthy....I'd say Virgil has been far more consistent too. The rest are not in contention because their performances have dropped significantly.

Gomez has been great the last 15. Very aggressive full back play
No surprise TBH. If Trent spent more time out there he'd probably have more goals and assists than he has now ... and we'd have far more width.

Last edited:
And I’d have to disagree back - he was constantly getting caught in possession, more so than Trent - he was a liability.
I'm with Fabs. Main problem with Endo was someone to offload to

He didn't change the game though. The subs did. He benefitted from them changing the game. He is effective now when others make things for him, we need someone who has the threat he used to have on his own. It would be Nunez if teams were afraid of him scoring.
That argument would hold water if he wasn’t by a country mile our highest assister this season along with goal scorer

He scored a deflection pat. Not even a slight nick. A wild deflection.

His assist was a pass 30 yards from goal. Then it was the Elliott show
Nothing to day he wouldn’t have scored without the assist anyway.

I'm with Fabs. Main problem was Endo was someone to offload to

Fair enough - but the easy ball was back to the defender and he often didn’t, took a touch and played himself into trouble.

A key component of being our DM is to receive the ball and break through the press either by passing or carrying - he just, in my opinion, wasn’t “on it” today and Palace knew it and they also targeted him.

Same happened to Mac A earlier in the season - it’s a tough position to fill for us. But Inthough Trent did well.

Also - I’m not sure how Salah gets to claim that goal - Harvey has one chalked off and called as an OG due to a big deflection earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom