• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players played on Wednesday, Thursday was off. Then had to travel to London either after training on Friday or left very early on Sunday.
The TV companies should now be barred from choosing Liverpool for a 12:30 kick off.

Shockingly bad game.

But we've just played 3 games in 6 days, 2 away from home, and took on the early ko again. Today was about winning, not playing well.

We were lucky Ayew was an idiot and got 2 stupid yellow cards. First was soft but he knows the rules, the second was a tactical foul yellow card where Elliot had space to run into. Don't see the big controversy on that one. Overall, it was soft, but both could easily be given. Just like their penalty.
4 games in 8 and half days.
We were fucking outstanding today all things considered.

No doubt it was the turning point in the game, but let's be honest Nunez never looked like scoring.
Yeah he was shite.

Tbh all front 5 looked shite today. Mo only scored as the subs changed the game for him

Oh and fucking hate having to listen to Rio Ferdinand whine about how unfortunate Palace were. And whenever they ask him whether a decision should have gone our way, when it should, he bites his lip and through gritted teeth says "maybe". But when it shouldn't, he's all too vocal about it. Biased much?

But I don't understand how. The ball had gone out, play had continued in both. Miscommunication is easier to fix than stopping play to review a screen

The check was not complete. They had confirmed check complete with Spurs and then the game had restarted. That’s the difference. Nothing wrong there at all.

Like Trent did in the Newcastle game.

He had to foul him. Doesn't mean it's not a booking
Indeed. My point is that had he not picked that booking, we’d have been in in goal. Not guaranteed we’d score, mind.

Alisson : 9 - couple of great saves. (MOTM)
Trent : 6 - did ok as a DM.
The Greek : 5 - little impact
Quansah : 6 - thought he did ok (lost 1/2 point for penalty)
Virgil : 7 - solid throughout
Endo : 3 - not good, took one too many touches every time and rightly hauled at HT.
Gravy : 5 - little impact
Slobbers : 5 - little impact
Diaz : 2 - like he wasn’t even there.
Nunez : 3 - didn’t get into the game.
Salah : 5 - extra point for the goal, but did little else - although apparently he gets an assist for Harvey’s goal

Gomez : 6 - got forward well & no fuck ups
Konate : 6.5 - ok, strong but dived in a bit up the pitch
Jones : 6 - assist for Salah, but did little else.
Gakpo : 6.5 - showed more urgency that any of our other forwards
Harvey : 8 - won the game for us - exactly what you want to see from a sub - effort and end product.

Have to disagree with the endo score. He was the best of our starting midfielders, and we looked actively worse when he went off, offensively and defensively

The check was not complete. They had confirmed check complete with Spurs and then the game had restarted. That’s the difference. Nothing wrong there at all.
The check was complete but with the incorrect outcome. That's how I don't get why it couldn't be stopped

Alisson : 9 - couple of great saves. (MOTM)
Trent : 6 - did ok as a DM.
The Greek : 5 - little impact
Quansah : 6 - thought he did ok (lost 1/2 point for penalty)
Virgil : 7 - solid throughout
Endo : 3 - not good, took one too many touches every time and rightly hauled at HT.
Gravy : 5 - little impact
Slobbers : 5 - little impact
Diaz : 2 - like he wasn’t even there.
Nunez : 3 - didn’t get into the game.
Salah : 5 - extra point for the goal, but did little else - although apparently he gets an assist for Harvey’s goal

Gomez : 6 - got forward well & no fuck ups
Konate : 6.5 - ok, strong but dived in a bit up the pitch
Jones : 6 - assist for Salah, but did little else.
Gakpo : 6.5 - showed more urgency that any of our other forwards
Harvey : 8 - won the game for us - exactly what you want to see from a sub - effort and end product.
Get to fuck.
1-0 10 to go. Salah scores the equaliser and gets an assist for the winner. 10/10.

Indeed. My point is that had he not picked that booking, we’d have been in in goal. Not guaranteed we’d score, mind.

Tbh, it probably would have been like it had been up to that point. Slow. Pass back to mid, counter attack ends

Have to disagree with the endo score. He was the best of our starting midfielders, and we looked actively worse when he went off, offensively and defensively
Ya I thought he was industrious and never hid. He got caught a few times but overall was ok.

Ratingssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss time.

Ali 8 - I know it's only been 2 games but it's fucking great to have you back mate.

Trent 4 - I counted 18 times he lost the ball trying the hollywood pass, some nice crossfield passes first half but you can't be giving it away that often. Disapossessed a few times trying to overplay as well.
Virgil 7 - A little lucky to have the pen overturned otherwise a solid performance.
Quansah 7 - Not so lucky to have the pen given which I thought was just about a pen, he taps the back of his foot. Otherwise a solid performance.....I was surprised he was subbed off tbh.
Kostas 6 - Not as good as his previous outings, not really troubled defensively but didn't really provide an outlet going forward either.

Endo 5 - A really tough game for him, he had a taste of his own medicine really as he was the one being hounded by Palace at every possible opportunity....lost it too much in the end.
Grav 3.5 - Like him a lot but a really disappointing game, never really got involved at all.
Szobo 4 - What has happened to him? Another game passed him by where nothing he did came off.

Salah 5.5 - +1 for the goal and happy he's got his 200, don't even know if the original shot is going in. Anonymous otherwise.
Nunez 5 - Just no. I'm the first to rush to his defence and laud him for his performances even when he's not scoring but that was just trash.
Diaz 4 - Ineffective and has been for a while.

Now most the trash is out the way let's move onto the positives....

Gakpo 6 - Added much needed rhythm and energy, gave something new for Palace to think about.
Harvey 9 - MOTM, everything he did he did with confidence and conviction. Another brilliant cameo, deserves to be starting more.
Gomez 7.5 - Thought he was brilliant, I'd be starting him at RB more often.

If anyone disagrees with any of the above.....you know what you can do.

Last edited:

And I’d have to disagree back - he was constantly getting caught in possession, more so than Trent - he was a liability.

The check was complete but with the incorrect outcome. That's how I don't get why it couldn't be stopped
I agree but by the rules as they were then you can’t reverse it once the game had restarted. Today they never said check complete just took an age to get there.

Gakpo was much deeper, so he should be linking play

We should be ripping szob and grav for not creating and supporting enough

That is true. Was very disappointed with the starting midfield 3 today. We needed them to break the lines and/or receive the ball between the lines and slip the forwards in. Neither of them did. Came deep for the ball and played it safe.

Oh and fucking hate having to listen to Rio Ferdinand whine about how unfortunate Palace were. And whenever they ask him whether a decision should have gone our way, when it should, he bites his lip and through gritted teeth says "maybe". But when it shouldn't, he's all too vocal about it. Biased much?
100%. He is one thick cunt.

Every time someone complains about female commentators they should be locked in room with that cunt for day.

Get to fuck.
1-0 10 to go. Salah scores the equaliser and gets an assist for the winner. 10/10.
Salah was utter shite.

Where was he for 75mins? Team woke up after the subs came on & they went down to 10. To call that an assist when Harvey did all the work is clutching at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom