• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (a) - Boxing Day - 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Back to winning ways please. Some injury replacements needed. I would start Chambers as a natural left back, but can see Gomez going straight in.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Chambers

Endo
Szobo
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Nunez

Squad is stretched now.

Forget pet hates, poor performances etc. this is as much about time and risk management as it is who played well against West Ham and / or Arsenal.

It's risky to start Jones, Klopp subbed him off I assume because he's played roughly 150 mins this week and maybe with this game in mind. He may get 60 mins or come on for 30 mins or be held back for Newcastle.

Gravy was poor but he was coming back from injury and clearly wasn't fit. He'll be better for that 30 mins and an extra 2 days of training. He'll start.

Is Endo up for 3 games in a week? Could we see Trent as the nominal 'DM'? With Mac back soon I guess Klopp will risk Endo.
Szobo has run his nuts off this week / past month. I think Elliott may get the nod with Szobo coming on for 30 mins.

We have few options for the back line. Quansah for Konate (held back for Newcastle)?

Up front Nunez and Mo are certs. I'm guessing Diaz may be rested for his 'sore knee' so Gakpo starts again. Hopefully Jota will be back soon.

We're not putting out our best team we're putting out a team to relieve and prevent fatigue and potential injuries due to said tiredness.

------------------------------ Ali

Trent ------- Quansah -------- VvD -------- Gomez

---------------------------- Endo

------------- Elliott ------------------- Gravenberch

Salah ------------------- Gakpo -------------- Nunez

Forget pet hates, poor performances etc. this is as much about time and risk management as it is who played well against West Ham and / or Arsenal.

It's risky to start Jones, Klopp subbed him off I assume because he's played roughly 150 mins this week and maybe with this game in mind. He may get 60 mins or come on for 30 mins or be held back for Newcastle.

Gravy was poor but he was coming back from injury and clearly wasn't fit. He'll be better for that 30 mins and an extra 2 days of training. He'll start.

Is Endo up for 3 games in a week? Could we see Trent as the nominal 'DM'? With Mac back soon I guess Klopp will risk Endo.
Szobo has run his nuts off this week / past month. I think Elliott may get the nod with Szobo coming on for 30 mins.

We have few options for the back line. Quansah for Konate (held back for Newcastle)?

Up front Nunez and Mo are certs. I'm guessing Diaz may be rested for his 'sore knee' so Gakpo starts again. Hopefully Jota will be back soon.

We're not putting out our best team we're putting out a team to relieve and prevent fatigue and potential injuries due to said tiredness.

------------------------------ Ali

Trent ------- Quansah -------- VvD -------- Gomez

---------------------------- Endo

------------- Elliott ------------------- Gravenberch

Salah ------------------- Gakpo -------------- Nunez

I see where you’re coming from but we have 2 league games in next week then only cup games til end of Jan. i think we can manage these next 2 (and there is 5 days off between Boxing Day and Newcastle game) and then rotate in cups. We need to take 6 points.

I see where you’re coming from but we have 2 league games in next week then only cup games til end of Jan. i think we can manage these next 2 (and there is 5 days off between Boxing Day and Newcastle game) and then rotate in cups. We need to take 6 points.
Only 2 in the next week... But that's after 2 in the past 5 days! A total of 5 games in 15 days from United onwards. These need to be managed as a block.

We need the 6 points but we also need to avoid more injuries and fatigue, otherwise we'll be well and truly fkd when Endo and Mo leave for their respective holidays.

Reactions: dee
Only 2 in the next week... But that's after 2 in the past 5 days! A total of 5 games in 15 days from United onwards. These need to be managed as a block.

We need the 6 points but we also need to avoid more injuries and fatigue, otherwise we'll be well and truly fkd when Endo and Mo leave for their respective holidays.
Where’s Endo going?

Our bench for this should be funny as fuck, let’s just pray we won’t need to utilise it.

Ali
Gomez Quansah Virgil
Trent Endo Grav Szobo
Salah Nunez Gakpo

We can assume Japan will make the final again so no Endo for SEVEN games:

7/1 FAC Arsenal vs Liverpool
10/1 EFL Liverpool vs Fulham
==
21/1 EPL Bournemouth vs Liverpool
24/1 EFL Fulham vs Liverpool
31/1 EPL Liverpool vs Chelsea
4/2 EPL Arsenal vs Liverpool
10/2 EPL Liverpool vs Burnley

So three weeks ago, Endo was shite and now we can’t do without him.

Neither obviously. He's been eased in and we can all (or mostly all) see how astute Klopp has been in acclimatising Endo so that he's up to speed and effective. At the same time is clear that Klopp really wants Mac Allister to be the dominant 6. Finally we have both Thiago and Bajcetic returning for January.

I'm chilled

Does it matter? I couldn't remember what it's called, couldn't be arsed looking it up (leave that to you) and you know what I meant!
It was meant as a joke.
I found it funny that you basically wrote chocolate ice-cream but with vanilla instead.

LFC v Burnley: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Van Dijk, Gomez; Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch; Salah, Gakpo, Nunez. Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Jones, Jota, Chambers, McConnell, Bradley [emoji837]

Reactions: dee
LFC v Burnley: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Van Dijk, Gomez; Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch; Salah, Gakpo, Nunez. Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Jones, Jota, Chambers, McConnell, Bradley [emoji837]
Only concern is Gravenberch in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom