• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Wolves (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Two more league games before the next international break, just as we look to have found another gear. Let's get two wins before regrouping again.

I'd go 'strongest' XI for this, boosted by Jota's return to the goals last night.

Kelleher
Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Macca
Gravieira
Szobo

Salah
Jota
Diaz

I think Ali will be back for this. Nunez won’t start after playing the last 120 minutes. The rest of the side picks itself.

Two more league games before the next international break, just as we look to have found another gear. Let's get two wins before regrouping again.

I'd go 'strongest' XI for this, boosted by Jota's return to the goals last night.

Kelleher
Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Macca
Gravieira
Szobo

Salah
Jota
Diaz
Seems the most likely.

Our first and second choice XI's are more or less set bar 1.....maybe 2 positions at most so cba getting into any line ups.

This could prove to be a bit of a banana skin if we're not on our top game from the off so I hope we don't approach it like Forest where we thought the 3 points were guarenteed before a ball was kicked.

Wolves absolutely battered us first half last season, before a second half revival and comfortable win on the scoreboard in the end. Wolve have played well without a lot of luck this season so far, lets hope their luck doesn't come in against us.

Their best defender got injured last week which is useful timing. But agree that they put up a good battle most games we face them

Their best defender got injured last week which is useful timing. But agree that they put up a good battle most games we face them
Ait-Nouri being double teamed by Salah and Szoboszlai could be funny.

Wolves absolutely battered us first half last season, before a second half revival and comfortable win on the scoreboard in the end. Wolve have played well without a lot of luck this season so far, lets hope their luck doesn't come in against us.
We often see this though - not just against us but other matches where mid-table teams play well against much vaunted opposition but still end up losing, often by a couple. I think it's down to both better finishing or a touch of extra class at one end and a couple of extra defensive errors at the other, aside from which there isn't a huge difference between mid-table teams and those in the Euro slots, but it's more than enough in 9/10 games.

No Pedro Neto this time around though

Wolves sold their best two players. Given that, and their start to the season, then it should be reasonably comfortable.

-----------------Ali (hopefully)-------------------
---Trent-----Konate-------VVD-----------Robbo
-----------------------Grav----------------------------
--------------Szobo------------Mac-----------------
---Salah--------------Jota----------------Diaz

Liverpool seek to feed Wolves’ losing habit​

After defeat to Newcastle at Molineux earlier this month, Mario Lemina, the Wolves captain, didn’t sugarcoat the situation. “I’m really unhappy,” he said after the match. “We need to change this losing mentality now and get back to work.” Since then, Wolves have lost twice more – 3-2 to Brighton in the League Cup and 3-1 to Aston Villa – and dropped to the foot of the table with the joint-worst goal difference (-9) and number of goals conceded (14) alongside Everton. After a difficult summer in which he lost Max Kilman and Pedro Neto – and with Yerson Mosquera now likely ruled out for the rest of the season – Gary O’Neil has been dealt a horrible hand. Having lost home and away to Liverpool last term, and with Arne Slot’s side in fine attacking form with 11 goals scored in their last three games, Wolves will have to rediscover their resilience to withstand the perfect storm blowing through the Midlands this weekend. Will Magee

Wolves sold their best two players. Given that, and their start to the season, then it should be reasonably comfortable.

-----------------Ali (hopefully)-------------------
---Trent-----Konate-------VVD-----------Robbo
-----------------------Grav----------------------------
--------------Szobo------------Mac-----------------
---Salah--------------Jota----------------Diaz
Don't tell this to moron, I would probably CJ in place of Dom. He did well in that game, as much as I am not his fav fan, you have to reward good play

If he was to come in, then he’d replace Mac who got some minutes on Wednesday.

Wolves players have a virus and some missed training today, their midfield is strong in a physical sense. Early goal need here and then they have to attack us. 1-3 to mighty reds.

Liverpool seek to feed Wolves’ losing habit​

After defeat to Newcastle at Molineux earlier this month, Mario Lemina, the Wolves captain, didn’t sugarcoat the situation. “I’m really unhappy,” he said after the match. “We need to change this losing mentality now and get back to work.” Since then, Wolves have lost twice more – 3-2 to Brighton in the League Cup and 3-1 to Aston Villa – and dropped to the foot of the table with the joint-worst goal difference (-9) and number of goals conceded (14) alongside Everton. After a difficult summer in which he lost Max Kilman and Pedro Neto – and with Yerson Mosquera now likely ruled out for the rest of the season – Gary O’Neil has been dealt a horrible hand. Having lost home and away to Liverpool last term, and with Arne Slot’s side in fine attacking form with 11 goals scored in their last three games, Wolves will have to rediscover their resilience to withstand the perfect storm blowing through the Midlands this weekend. Will Magee
I hate all this. I've seen Wolves this season and they're actually a good side. This will be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom