• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 14th Sept 15:00

Full on rotation for this game was never going to happen, one or two changes? Maybe.

Who called a full on rotation? Mac and Diaz should never have started....that much was obvious. Maybe 1 or 2 others who played 180mins.

Anyway cba carrying this on and like I said, hopefully this is lesson learned from the upcoming breaks.

Who called a full on rotation? Mac and Diaz should never have started....that much was obvious. Maybe 1 or 2 others who played 180mins.

Anyway cba carrying this on and like I said, hopefully this is lesson learned from the upcoming breaks.
I don't know about that Diaz and Macca were among our best players

Everyone crying for rotation; FUCKING WHO?

Macca was meh but shouldn't have started, szob is a fucking joke when he's not running about looking busy, Salah was abysmal, Jota looks useless for 89 minutes, Diaz returns to the mean.

Are people expecting an entire front 3 swap? An entire midfield swap? Jones probably wasn't fit enough to start, endo isn't as good as gravy, gakpo seems confused when wearing red rather than orange, Nunez is fucking Nunez, and chiesa isn't ready.

The only viable rotation today was endo, and would he genuinely have changed the game today?

Our squad isn't good enough, exactly like it wasn't last year

Some players will improve, others will have levels drop. Overall we're still going to be fucking average

This was always going to be a season in which Slot learns about the Premier League. Team will defend with an intensity and discipline that he won’t have experienced before.
Agreed.

But it's a bit naive to go 4-2-4 from 60mins onwards, especially with a team with the dangerous counter attacking ability (Elanga, CHO, MGW) like Forest.

We should have been more patient and stuck to the 4231, up until at least 75-80mins. This isn't Holland where you can just beat a mid-table side by overloading them with your attackers. It requires more patience and intelligence. I guess this is what separated Klopp (the experience when problem solving).

The subs are on Arne, just as much as the line up and tactics were.

We weren't good or in control unless you deem slow, boring, pointless, slow possession as being in control, it was a scrappy shit fest. If MGW wasn't so shit we'd have been 1 down at HT and we rode our luck with a few offside traps when they split us apart.

The game was petering out to a bore scoreless draw, we got desperate and Arne was clearly fed up, like myself, of the shit he was watchin
Playing for offsides which come off isn't "riding your luck". It's what VvD et al are damn good at.

Everyone crying for rotation; FUCKING WHO?

Macca was meh but shouldn't have started, szob is a fucking joke when he's not running about looking busy, Salah was abysmal, Jota looks useless for 89 minutes, Diaz returns to the mean.

Are people expecting an entire front 3 swap? An entire midfield swap? Jones probably wasn't fit enough to start, endo isn't as good as gravy, gakpo seems confused when wearing red rather than orange, Nunez is fucking Nunez, and chiesa isn't ready.

The only viable rotation today was endo, and would he genuinely have changed the game today?
Disagree, a little bit.

Endo deffo but starting Gakpo was logical. Could easily have brought on Diaz and Macca later. 7 games in 22 games. A lot of rotation coming up but it should have started here.

We were short with Elliot out and Chiesa not fit for the bench yet.

I don't know about that Diaz and Macca were among our best players
They were both average at best. Mac had 1 good pass/cross and then spent the entire half on the floor, Diaz 1 good effort he made himself then didn't see him again. These guys are clearly fatigued from having a long arsed summer and travelling halfway across the world and back in a week.

Virg, Ibou, Grav. Those were the only 3 that come away with any credit.

They were both average at best. Mac had 1 good pass/cross and then spent the entire half on the floor, Diaz 1 good effort he made himself then didn't see him again. These guys are clearly fatigued from having a long arsed summer and travelling halfway across the world and back in a week.

Virg, Ibou, Grav. Those were the only 3 that come away with any credit.
I want these internatiinals banned, once we get rid of Diaz, Salah, I dont want anymore Africans or South Americans in the team, its time we just buy Europeans, but no Hungarians

I want these internatiinals banned, once we get rid of Diaz, Salah, I dont want anymore Africans or South Americans in the team, its time we just buy Europeans, but no Hungarians
Ate you sure there aren't any more nationalities you want banned? Seems a bit tepid to just say Hungary like. Italy perhaps? What about other Balkan countries? Are Scandos OK?

Disagree, a little bit.

Endo deffo but starting Gakpo was logical. Could easily have brought on Diaz and Macca later. 7 games in 22 games. A lot of rotation coming up but it should have started here.

We were short with Elliot out and Chiesa not fit for the bench yet.
Gakpo possibly, but he's shown nothing to slot in red. Possibly rotate, but you're losing lightning pace down the left, which then impacts elsewhere.

They're loads who didn't play 120 mins on the other side of the world and none who also had an injury.
Were they actually all on our bench as options?
Maybe the plan was always to play him for 60? Jones is just back from another injury and it feels like Endo isn’t someone whom Slot rates currently. I think that was it midfield wise.

Gakpo possibly, but he's shown nothing to slot in red. Possibly rotate, but you're losing lightning pace down the left, which then impacts elsewhere.
We can't play him in every match. He was clearly fatigued after 2 matches on the other side of the world (jetlag perhaps). Not sure what our medics were thinking. Sub him on later.

I dont think we played 4-2-4. Slot has showed he’s more in line with having control.
As he said post match, we took far to many risks and lost the ball needlessly. Exactly what he dosent want.
That comment about this isnt Holland is a bit ridiculous given how we have set up in the first 3 games.

Anyway, was expected to be a few bumps along the way. Just need to bounce back and go again.

Like I said before the game I felt that this would be Slot's toughest test. How would his football look against a team that doesn't come to play?
Not good apparently.

Like I said before the game I felt that this would be Slot's toughest test. How would his football look against a team that doesn't come to play?
Not good apparently.
There were chances, it's just the standard lack of being clinical. There's days when we're not going to create 50 chances and we need to score the few weeks get.

There were chances, it's just the standard lack of being clinical. There's days when we're not going to create 50 chances and we need to score the few weeks get.
I don't remember many chances, except Diaz's and Macca's header.

Szoboslai is starting to annoy me. When he's running towards goal and defenders are backing off him, fucking shoot!
Instead he plays the most predictable shit pass ever.

I don't remember many chances, except Diaz's and Macca's header.

Szoboslai is starting to annoy me. When he's running towards goal and defender are backing off him, fucking shoot!
Instead he plays the most predictable shit pass ever.
He's not very good tbh. His in game intelligence is fucking non-existent

He's not very good tbh. His in game intelligence is fucking non-existent
Well he's no Steven Gerrard, that's for sure. Cause if you invite players like him or De Bruyne to shoot, they'll fucking do it.
I think Nuno did his homework. Nullified all of our attackers today because they all were predictable.

Floated crosses into the box...to fucking Jota who's surrounded by 3 defenders?
How about low driven crosses?
I really hope Chiesa is ready for Milan.

Ate you sure there aren't any more nationalities you want banned? Seems a bit tepid to just say Hungary like. Italy perhaps? What about other Balkan countries? Are Scandos OK?
Let me think about and get back to you, but these players coming from long distances and us expecting them to just come in and play their usual game is a joke. He looks fucked by the end of 90mins even when not coming in from abroad, but honestly I would never play him after internationals.

You know what should bother all of us ? - it was a fucking home game we lost, once the door opens to a loss, we are on dangerous ground - its also so early in the season that this has happened.

Tactics don't matter when none of them could control or pass a football consistently well for more than 2 minutes at a time. The very basics of the game went out the window. We came out the second half worse than the first and then nobody realised that if it wasn't clicking then we just needed to play the percentages and get the ball in the box consistently.

Back
Top Bottom