• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - United (A) - Sunday 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS...

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Sam Barrott. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

That's at least one out of the 3 goals we're going to score chalked off for some dubious shit

The small mercy is that David Coote isn't involved.

newFile-3.jpg

What a twat.

I wonder if they'll try to rush him into the team instead of Casemiro.

Set pieces should be tasty with Ibu & Virg against Martinez & Maguire (or de Ligt if they bring him in yet)
Martinez doesn't come up to their chins!

If we don’t outplay these off the park and win comfortably, then we’ve done som…..everything wrong. These are absolute shite.

Ali
Grumpy Konate Virgil Robbo
Endo Grav
Szobo
Salah Nunez Diaz

If we don’t outplay these off the park and win comfortably, then we’ve done som…..everything wrong. These are absolute shite.

Ali
Grumpy Konate Virgil Robbo
Endo Grav
Szobo
Salah Nunez Diaz
Mac and Jota aren't going to be dropped - and neither should they (for this game).

I was about to say… if any fucker starts this “we’ll smash ‘em” shit they tend to be “old yellered” out the back of the shed.

Fucking can’t believe we’re doing it again.

Between Dreamie fucking up the order of doing things and Momo just plain pulling his pants down and taking an almighty dump… we’re fucked.. absolutely fucked.. no sacrifice will fix this.

We’re getting beat and we’re sacrificing a key player to the Treatment Table God in the process - Virgil or Ali most likely.
I can’t be arsed checking but I probably said the same things when we did twat them but not last season.

picture the scene. Chiesa stepover around Ugarte, sending Ugarte onto his arse before lashing it in from 25 yards.

I know the chance of him being on the bench against Man U is between slim and none, but I so want it to happen.
Training session today, tomorrow and on Saturday...I mean why now.

I know the chance of him being on the bench against Man U is between slim and none, but I so want it to happen.

who are you dropping out of the squad for him?

Mount injured, which is a shame as they might actually find a way to play Garnacho now which would improve their chances.

If he trains, I think he makes the bench. I could see Tsimi making way, as Gomez can be LB cover if Bradley & Quansah are also on the bench. If we use the Brentford bench as the example.

Trent :

Having opened the season with back-to-back clean sheets, the Reds are looking stronger defensively in contrast to their record at the back during Klopp’s final two campaigns in charge.

Conceding that Liverpool’s defensive record needs to be the best in the league to give them the best chance of winning the Premier League this season, Alexander-Arnold revealed that Slot has demanded all his players pull their weight defensively if they want to play for the Dutchman.

“That's one of the rules that the manager brought in,” he told the club website when asked about the Reds’ hunger to defend and their forwards tracking back. “If you don't comply to those rules, you won't play - it's as simple as that.

“It's not just about defenders defending [and] the attackers just watch us defend. It's a whole team thing.

“I think the counter-attacks that we've potentially been exposed to, we're able to slow them down and get numbers behind, we're blocking shots and we're stopping them from creating anything dangerous. That's down to the work ethic and it's what's demanded.

“I think if you look at the teams that have been successful in the previous years - including ourselves - it's been of course we're a team that can play football and be really exciting at times, but it's the other end of the pitch that ultimately does win you the league.

Trent :

Having opened the season with back-to-back clean sheets, the Reds are looking stronger defensively in contrast to their record at the back during Klopp’s final two campaigns in charge.

Conceding that Liverpool’s defensive record needs to be the best in the league to give them the best chance of winning the Premier League this season, Alexander-Arnold revealed that Slot has demanded all his players pull their weight defensively if they want to play for the Dutchman.

“That's one of the rules that the manager brought in,” he told the club website when asked about the Reds’ hunger to defend and their forwards tracking back. “If you don't comply to those rules, you won't play - it's as simple as that.

“It's not just about defenders defending [and] the attackers just watch us defend. It's a whole team thing.

“I think the counter-attacks that we've potentially been exposed to, we're able to slow them down and get numbers behind, we're blocking shots and we're stopping them from creating anything dangerous. That's down to the work ethic and it's what's demanded.

“I think if you look at the teams that have been successful in the previous years - including ourselves - it's been of course we're a team that can play football and be really exciting at times, but it's the other end of the pitch that ultimately does win you the league.
That's differs a bit from Klopp's tactics where some of our CB's wound up in a lot of one on one situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom