• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - United (A) - Sunday 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have beaten Man U, and it was poor defending that let them get back in the game.
Slot's system means man u will have far fewer chances.
But let's not underestimate Ming The Merciless, he won the FA Cup and could Jinx a win.

Yep, but still their best presser.

Agreed. They have been training up til this week with Bruno as false 9 leading a press and Mount backing him up. They’ll need to decide if they overhaul that line up now. Will they stick by Rashford too. Ideally it’s Rashford on the hook for pressing around Trent as that should’ve a weak link for them.

Mainoo also got schooled by Milner last week so maybe so much football and no break is catching up with him.

Their threat will be on the counter IMO, with Diallo likely trying to play in behind.

Jones still injured and not with the team

On Chiesa:

He didn't train with [Juve] for the last two weeks. Before that he did. Hasn't played many game minutes yet. We'll build him up in the right way.

He and Ten Hag are not friends ( Seriously he said that, LOL)

Weird statement, professional or not the occasion always affects players.
It isn’t weird at all. Some of these players have played in this fixture (home and away) a dozen times. It’s not a European/World cup final. The fans and media may hype it up but it’s still a game that happens at least twice a season.

Last season we played the occasion and not the game. When we battered them we stayed in control and didn’t give them any hope. That’s what we need to do on Sunday.

Arne Slot added that Federico Chiesa was unlikely to be involved in Sunday's match against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The Liverpool manager said: "He is going to train with us today, but there is a bigger chance that he's not in the squad for Sunday than he is. If injuries might come up, we might need him.

"I don't expect him to be in, but I can not guarantee."

Jones still injured and not with the team

On Chiesa:

He didn't train with [Juve] for the last two weeks. Before that he did. Hasn't played many game minutes yet. We'll build him up in the right way.

He and Ten Hag are not friends ( Seriously he said that, LOL)
What the fuck is wrong with Jones now ?

Fuck!

Accidentally booked myself to make pizza for about 4 family on Sunday. Eating 4pm, had forgotten to consider the football.

On the plus side, I'm making pizza and that usually equals a Liverpool win.
Your sacrifice for the greater good (ours) is greatly appreciated!

After the window we've had, we simply can't afford to lose this game or the negativity surrounding the lack of investment will be dominating conversation over the international break.

It will be doubly worse if Gravy doesn't have a good game. We really need to see him show his ability in this game. Both on the ball and off it.

FYI

Screenshot-2024-08-31-03-48-24-219-app-revanced-android-youtube.jpg

Just for that, we're going to dismantle them.

0-4

I'm glad Mount is out, say what you will about him but he's been dangerous against us, on his day.

The biggest test tomorrow is Trent - he's been notoriously ripped to shreds by them before, particularly by Rashford. On the back of his behaviour last week, he needs a big performance again.

Thats one of the things I’m looking forward to seeing. What difference Slot will make to our tactical set up and Trents positioning.
I dont think he’ll be told to stay that high as previous seasons.

I'm glad Mount is out, say what you will about him but he's been dangerous against us, on his day.

The biggest test tomorrow is Trent - he's been notoriously ripped to shreds by them before, particularly by Rashford. On the back of his behaviour last week, he needs a big performance again.
When did that last happen? I remember it happened the first few times they played against each other not so much since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom