• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Milan (A) - CL - Tuesday

No one hates Salah. It is just that we are honest about his form and what he is now lacking
Honest? We? Well over the top.
As most sensible posts have said, he was fine.
Maybe you were watching different game.

Some facts about current state:
- He was in great form before Forest but will have bad games so get used to it.
- Chiesa is still miles off from being viable option on right so other than Diaz we don’t have many alternatives especially since Slot seems keen to play him in every single game for now without much rest.
- It’s final season, maybe take a step back from the honest moaning and enjoy him a little.

I find the comments about his form and what he's lacking a bit bizarre given that he has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 league games this season. Thats pretty fantastic numbers.
Wasn't good against Forest and was unlucky yesterday with two of the bar.

Good win after a shaky start! I thought Konate had a fine game in general it is a much better performance than Forest game, however, I didn't like the last 15 minutes of the game, the players were a bit sloppy with their passing. Overall, it was a good result.

I thought he looked pretty sharp, unlucky not to score. His overall play was not great esp out of possession but that's kindof normal.

I do think it'll be great if we can get chiesa going and reduce salahs minutes in these sorts of games where we are ahead, and hopefully not start him in some lesser fixtures.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, he doesn't have a marathon season in the tank anymore. I'd rather get more of his best over the season rather than him fall off a cliff as usual.

He will not have been happy with the game, he will be kicking himself for not scoring.

What an annoying way of doing ratings.

The thing that you could never forgive as a supporter would be the defending on those corners. If you can't deal with those basics, it's a tough road.

What an annoying way of doing ratings.

The thing that you could never forgive as a supporter would be the defending on those corners. If you can't deal with those basics, it's a tough road.

I think Gazzetta’s ratings are good, basically a gold standard of how it should be done. Can’t disagree with any of them too.

I think Gazzetta’s ratings are good, basically a gold standard of how it should be done. Can’t disagree with any of them too.

The range goes from 4.5 to 7.5 in this game.

I mean, I get it, it leaves room for truly horrific performances and high heights, but it's a very compressed range. For instance Tsimikas is 1.5 lower than Gakpo, the player they thought stood out. Tsimikas made a significant mistake for the first goal, and did nothing in attacking positions.

I mean, I get it, it leaves room for truly horrific performances and high heights, but it's a very compressed range. For instance Tsimikas is 1.5 lower than Gakpo, the player they thought stood out. Tsimikas made a significant mistake for the first goal, and did nothing in attacking positions.
Should be like a bell curve for each game. Granted not every best performance deserves a 10 or 9, but gakpo was more than 1.5 better than kostas

I prefer that system, to be honest. They try to evaluate a player’s performance more or less objectively, regardless of the result. In truth, there is rarely a huge gap between player performances in one team, 4.5 to 7.5 is already a significant range for professional players.

Honest? We? Well over the top.
As most sensible posts have said, he was fine.
Maybe you were watching different game.

Some facts about current state:
- He was in great form before Forest but will have bad games so get used to it.
- Chiesa is still miles off from being viable option on right so other than Diaz we don’t have many alternatives especially since Slot seems keen to play him in every single game for now without much rest.
- It’s final season, maybe take a step back from the honest moaning and enjoy him a little.
misplaced passes, hesitant in his play but hay, if fine is your bench mark.

When he is on song great, but here is my problem. When he is not he should not be irriplacable, and even when he is on form he should not be the player that we automatically look to pass to... How many time did the attack just peter out when the ball was passed to Salah v.s Forrest...?

misplaced passes, hesitant in his play but hay, if fine is your bench mark.

When he is on song great, but here is my problem. When he is not he should not be irriplacable, and even when he is on form he should not be the player that we automatically look to pass to... How many time did the attack just peter out when the ball was passed to Salah v.s Forrest...?
I didn't see that many misplaced passes? yes my bench mark is goals and assists first then the rest yeah. I want to see my strikers having an impact on the game and keeping us on the front foot. He wasn't that far off last night.
If you are going to focus on pass success then fine from one game, a bit selective but that's your agenda so stick to it.

You are pointing towards one game Forest, ignoring the rest? No one can argue he was the worst player on pitch but tell me? why didn't Slot take him off? So you know the answer to this...

I didn't see that many misplaced passes? yes my bench mark is goals and assists first then the rest yeah. I want to see my strikers having an impact on the game and keeping us on the front foot. He wasn't that far off last night.
If you are going to focus on pass success then fine from one game, a bit selective but that's your agenda so stick to it.

You are pointing towards one game Forest, ignoring the rest? No one can argue he was the worst player on pitch but tell me? why didn't Slot take him off? So you know the answer to this...
There the point. No matter how bad his performance he seem untouchable

There the point. No matter how bad his performance he seem untouchable
Why do you think two consecutive managers at LFC have deemed it as so? Just maybe there’s something they know.
It was one match against Forest, not many came out with it any credit. It’s going to be a long season of you then if you are going to react like this after every game.

Why do you think two consecutive managers at LFC have deemed it as so? Just maybe there’s something they know.
It was one match against Forest, not many came out with it any credit. It’s going to be a long season of you then if you are going to react like this after every game.
4 consecutive managers kept Lucas around

True.
You can't have it both ways. Continually snipping every game about Salah then looking at our options on the bench. Just one more season, suck it up...
My problem is the combination of selfishness and not scoring. I know he likes to score but his fondness of scoring is reaching levels where I'm starting to think that him scoring is more important than the team winning.
If we're 3-0 up, be as selfish as you want.
That's my only gripe with Salah.
And it's not like I'm making it up, you remember the tantrum Mané had when Salah wasn't passing him the ball?
I see the same thing with Jota now.
Example, look at Jota in the middle:

View: https://streamable.com/aeg4tx

My problem is the combination of selfishness and not scoring. I know he likes to score but his fondness of scoring is reaching levels where I'm starting to think that him scoring is more important than the team winning.
If we're 3-0 up, be as selfish as you want.
That's my only gripe with Salah.
And it's not like I'm making it up, you remember the tantrum Mané had when Salah wasn't passing him the ball?
I see the same thing with Jota now.
Example, look at Jota in the middle:

View: https://streamable.com/aeg4tx

I don't have an issue with this, I expect a striker to take shots and responsibility to be the one have a go, It's easy to pass the ball to someone when it's 3-0, much harder to take the chance when it's 0-0.

Also, since his assists are so good I don't think there is a general problem with this at all. Yes there are on occasions he picks the wrong option and is selfish, but then you if you have assists every season in double figures then it shows he is a big creator. I think sometimes we aren't being realistic of where we are as a club and a little ungrateful of under appreciating the true gems.

We under spend every season, we aren't in capital and have such strong connection with those players who show loyalty and stick around. For those reason, I'm going to appreciate a few gems who are cut above the rest such as Salah, Klopp, Trent and Bobby etc. They won't be perfect but their strengths still outweigh all their wrinkles.

I don't have an issue with this, I expect a striker to take shots and responsibility to be the one have a go, It's easy to pass the ball to someone when it's 3-0, much harder to take the chance when it's 0-0.

Also, since his assists are so good I don't think there is a general problem with this at all. Yes there are on occasions he picks the wrong option and is selfish, but then you if you have assists every season in double figures then it shows he is a big creator. I think sometimes we aren't being realistic of where we are as a club and a little ungrateful of under appreciating the true gems.

We under spend every season, we aren't in capital and have such strong connection with those players who show loyalty and stick around. For those reason, I'm going to appreciate a few gems who are cut above the rest such as Salah, Klopp, Trent and Bobby etc. They won't be perfect but their strengths still outweigh all their wrinkles.
I also expect a striker to take shots, but Salah isn't really a striker is he?
Haaland is a striker. Torres was a striker.
Salah is an inverted winger with a knack for goals, I guess you could call him an inside forward.
Anyway, I've just grown tired of those weak shots straight at the keeper.
I remember that we used to call Suarez selfish, Salah has taken it to another level.

Example 2:

View: https://streamable.com/4sdmsh

4 consecutive managers kept Lucas around
Not a post about the merits of the player, but...
Lucas seemed to be on the sell list in every transfer window. He was regarded as someone we could manage without and who we could get a decent price for. Either we didn't find a buyer or else he had a few good games in the window and the manager kept him. Usually this choice was in part influenced by the sense that if we did sell him we wouldn't be getting proper value for him.
He was well-liked at the club, but I think everyone knew deep-down that whilst he did a job and was a great pro, he wasn't good enough to take us to the level we aspired to, at least not after his cruciate injury in any case.Prior to that injury, he had the added benefit of not missing many games through injury.

Not a post about the merits of the player, but...
Lucas seemed to be on the sell list in every transfer window. He was regarded as someone we could manage without and who we could get a decent price for. Either we didn't find a buyer or else he had a few good games in the window and the manager kept him. Usually this choice was in part influenced by the sense that if we did sell him we wouldn't be getting proper value for him.
He was well-liked at the club, but I think everyone knew deep-down that whilst he did a job and was a great pro, he wasn't good enough to take us to the level we aspired to, at least not after his cruciate injury in any case.Prior to that injury, he had the added benefit of not missing many games through injury.
I loved Lucas, mainly because he was the only DM we had back then.
I mean, who did he really have to compete with towards the end of his tenure?
Poulsen, Spearing, Hendo?
If we signed a Fabinho type in 2012, Lucas wouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

Just to clarify more widely on the transfer window point, we would have a detailed spreadsheet (which would change almost daily through the window) with the names of players we expected to buy or sell, the expected fees and wages, wage savings for players leaving etc. which would be designed to spend the transfer budget we had (including increases to that budget from sales).
That schedule would be focused primarily on cash, and any wage changes, profits on sale, amortisation charges would just drop out. We'd then run these through the budget to make sure it didn't give us FFP issues, but the driver was cash, not profit. Profit was a consequence and a sense-check only.

was at the game - was a good time.

a few random thoughts

gravvy is on a ridiculou ascension - he made a few mistakes but he stands out on the pitch, sees it well and his an active part of the defensive game.

szobo's pressing is unreal - he's relentless, and is so physical that it throws off players. his work in the final 1/3, despite the goal, just needs confidence? / improvement? and we have a world class player.

gakpo was excellent - seems like he's a better fit than diaz IF he plays that quick ... b/c that creates even more headaches for opposing teams to worry about.

jota's pressing = excellent.

other than that, was a lot of fun, san siro was not nearly full and the liverpool & milan fans were class acts.

Until we meet gain.

I think Mo has started the season excellently. Feels to me he is both passing more, making runs to enable others to run into space and also trying to stop that “floaty shit shot to the top corner” he did 1000x without scoring last season.

was at the game - was a good time.

a few random thoughts

gravvy is on a ridiculou ascension - he made a few mistakes but he stands out on the pitch, sees it well and his an active part of the defensive game.

szobo's pressing is unreal - he's relentless, and is so physical that it throws off players. his work in the final 1/3, despite the goal, just needs confidence? / improvement? and we have a world class player.

gakpo was excellent - seems like he's a better fit than diaz IF he plays that quick ... b/c that creates even more headaches for opposing teams to worry about.

jota's pressing = excellent.

other than that, was a lot of fun, san siro was not nearly full and the liverpool & milan fans were class acts.

Until we meet gain.
Cheers, good to see you on here. 👊

Back
Top Bottom