• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - FA Cup - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does Jota start now when Salah is away?
The right wing position is a bit tricky as we have no real replacement for Salah out there.

Kloppo..............

"...can you go to Arsenal and play a team of boys, in the situation Arsenal is in, where they will probably go all-in? Of course not.
“We are Liverpool, we cannot go there like that. And there is no need to.”
He continued: “Yes, three days after this there is another game. But we just came out of a period where we played five games in 13 days, and nobody asked us, ‘How do you feel?’ We just have to go through, we have to win.
“Now we have two games in three days, it sounds like ‘so, where’s the problem?’ That is our life, that is the boys’ life.
“We have to make sure that we get through, but I cannot, after six days [without a game], rest a player on Sunday for the Wednesday, and definitely not for the [next] Premier League game [against AFC Bournemouth] in 16 days. That makes no sense.
“And rhythm is an important thing. So [against] Arsenal, we will go all-in and we will see.”

So, does Jota start now when Salah is away?
The right wing position is a bit tricky as we have no real replacement for Salah out there.

It’s been Wee Ben Doak or Harvey in that position whenever Mo hasn’t played, has it not?

Klopp did talk about Jota playing there though.

Kloppo..............

"...can you go to Arsenal and play a team of boys, in the situation Arsenal is in, where they will probably go all-in? Of course not.
“We are Liverpool, we cannot go there like that. And there is no need to.”
He continued: “Yes, three days after this there is another game. But we just came out of a period where we played five games in 13 days, and nobody asked us, ‘How do you feel?’ We just have to go through, we have to win.
“Now we have two games in three days, it sounds like ‘so, where’s the problem?’ That is our life, that is the boys’ life.
“We have to make sure that we get through, but I cannot, after six days [without a game], rest a player on Sunday for the Wednesday, and definitely not for the [next] Premier League game [against AFC Bournemouth] in 16 days. That makes no sense.
“And rhythm is an important thing. So [against] Arsenal, we will go all-in and we will see.”
Wow. So full strength team it is. Sigh.

You know who’s not in that lineup though don’t you.

Hint - he’s a midfielder.

Yes - I do, I don't want Jones to start - he will be too important for the Fulham game. As both Szobo, Wataru cannot play this game, it only leaves Jones as our other main midfielder, so if he wants to make changes I don't see how he does it unless we have some youth teamers who can fill in ? - I don't know any youth team midfielders that we have that have any quality to fill in - do you or any of the other guys know any ?

The only solution I can see - if he needs to make 2 subs from the lineup that @bluebell has posted - it would be replacing one of Mac/Gravy with Jones, other than that the only other option is for him to move Trent into midfield and put one of our youngsters at RB. But don't fancy any of the young ones vs Martinelli or an Arsenal first teamer. This is why I think we need a another midfielder this Jan that can play across the midfield positions like a Manu Kone, and this on the assumption that Thiago will still be out going into March, and Bajcetic will not be available till next season when he comes back as tall as Peter Crouch and probably not the same player we knew from last season.

It wil be Mac, Gravy & Harvey in midfield, with one of Jota, Nunez or Diaz on the right of the front 3

Yes - I do, I don't want Jones to start - he will be too important for the Fulham game. As both Szobo, Wataru cannot play this game, it only leaves Jones as our other main midfielder, so if he wants to make changes I don't see how he does it unless we have some youth teamers who can fill in ? - I don't know any youth team midfielders that we have that have any quality to fill in - do you or any of the other guys know any ?

The only solution I can see - if he needs to make 2 subs from the lineup that @bluebell has posted - it would be replacing one of Mac/Gravy with Jones, other than that the only other option is for him to move Trent into midfield and put one of our youngsters at RB. But don't fancy any of the young ones vs Martinelli or an Arsenal first teamer. This is why I think we need a another midfielder this Jan that can play across the midfield positions like a Manu Kone, and this on the assumption that Thiago will still be out going into March, and Bajcetic will not be available till next season when he comes back as tall as Peter Crouch and probably not the same player we knew from last season.

McConnell & Bobby Clark would be the young midfielders close to being given some playing time.

Strongest team for Arsenal, rotate a little for the semi, is the way I’d go.

McConnell & Bobby Clark would be the young midfielders close to being given some playing time.

Strongest team for Arsenal, rotate a little for the semi, is the way I’d go.

Just heard that Gabi Jesus is out 3 months out !!!

Just heard that Gabi Jesus is out 3 months out !!!
What?!

Brentford:

twin-peaks.gif

However they might have a look at Firmino too.

Rumored team:

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Quansah, Gomez, Macca, Jones, Gravy, Elliott, Gakpo, Jota

Ali, Trent (c), Konate, Quansah, Gomez, Mac, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez

Gakpo in midfield and Elliott out wide right?

I'm in the rare position of not having the required channel available to me for this match.

Anyone have any rivulets to direct me to? Can send a DM.

Shame, I'd love to see SloppyPass in Salah's position, but he's also looked knackered so the rest is proper the best choice.

Ali, Trent (c), Konate, Quansah, Gomez, Mac, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez

Gakpo in midfield and Elliott out wide right?
It's obviously Elliott in midfield
Front 3 will be Gakpo, Nunez and Jota.
Probably Jota on the right

Official:

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Konate, Diaz, Nunez, Mac Allister, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Alexander-Arnold, Quansah.
Subs: Kelleher, Jota, Gravenberch, Clark, Chambers, Gordon, McConnell, Bradley, Nyoni.

Damn, no fucking around then.

Safe to say Klopp will be very disappointed if we don't make it through.

So, Darwin on the right and Gakpo in the middle? Or Diaz on the right and Darwin on the left? Gakpo in midfield and Harvey on the right?

In that case, it's like @Hansern said. Difficult to tell who plays on the right. I'd like to think that it's Gakkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom