• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Sami Hyypia Testamonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

He's been here 10 years and he more than deserves one, is there any news on a testamonial? I'll definatly go if there is!

When testimonials first started, footballers were only earning a few pounds per week, and so retirement meant unemployment and poverty for most of them. At that time, testimonials were a great idea to help them cope with difficult circumstances.

Nowadays, footballers in the top flight earn more in a week than most people earn in a year, so I think testimonials of that sort no longer have any justification.

However, I suppose that if the money raised goes to charity it would be a good way for the fans to express their thanks to Sami and vice versa.

Call me a miserable old bugger, but i find testimonials boring after the first few minutes and I haven't been to one for many years! 🙂

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=33637.msg871318#msg871318 date=1242824050]
He's been here 10 years and he more than deserves one, is there any news on a testamonial? I'll definatly go if there is!
[/quote]

For me his testimonial is this weekend.

Of course that's assuming he's in the team - otherwise..... actually, I don't want to contemplate the "otherwise".

If anyone deserves a testimomial it is Sami. I dont care how rare they are or how prolific. Sami deserves a testimonial, full fucking stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom