• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

@Modo , agree on all points regarding Salah. I want to say though, because of Mane and Salah, I am kinda confused by the primary objectives of what we should expect from a left and right winger. For most of my life watching football, I always though the role was about going inside and breaking the lines or on the
outside putting in good crosses, and goal scoring was an occassional thing...so over the course of a season your right/left sided attacking players should get you between 7 and 15 goals max.

I still think thats the primary objective, but Mo winning that golden boot a few times has made him obsessive over scoring goals, so what are we to judge him on now for a contract extension ? I cannot see him doing the stuff I said in the above paragraph as he gets older. Or scoring like previous seasons.
Don't forget the pens and he's shown up around Trent ready to take free kicks too.
This guy is obsessed with scoring.

Salah is a fantastic player, but when you start putting yourself over your own teammates then something is very wrong. He has zero chance of winning the golden boot this season.
I could never ever see Suarez do what Salah is doing and honestly I can't believe that some are OK with it. He'll probably score a goal next week and everyone will be like "see he scores goals". Well of course but the team could have had double or triple that amount if he just passed the ball.
I just hope Slot has a talk with him, because the players will stop making runs when he has the ball. You can say that it's hyperbolic and all that jazz, but look at the video above, he made probably one of our nicest most generous players ever loose his fucking mind, PUBLICLY.

What kind of person does that?

Don't forget the pens and he's shown up around Trent ready to take free kicks too.
This guy is obsessed with scoring.

Salah is a fantastic player, but when you start putting yourself over your own teammates then something is very wrong. He has zero chance of winning the golden boot this season.
I could never ever see Suarez do what Salah is doing and honestly I can't believe that some are OK with it. He'll probably score a goal next week and everyone will be like "see he scores goals". Well of course but the team could have had double or triple that amount if he just passed the ball.
I just hope Slot has a talk with him, because the players will stop making runs when he has the ball. You can say that it's hyperbolic and all that jazz, but look at the video above, he made probably one of our nicest most generous players ever loose his fucking mind, PUBLICLY.

What kind of person does that?
Not sure where to start with that but will have a go.
- Why doesn't Salah have a chance of winning golden boot? Has he not been close pretty much every season???
PS: No one is getting close to it this season if Haaland is fit anyway.
- Suarez wasn't selfish? This is your go to guy? the guy who wanted to move any chance he got and even sideways to a shite Arse side? What's his assist stats like by the way? was great one season but what about when he wasn't suspended. He was the most selfish striker we have had playing for us, even his Team mates didn't bother celebrating a goal against Chelsea against us because despite his brilliance I'm not sure he was that well liked or will be remembered. Thanks for League cup but in my view, he can fuck off for his antics with us and post leaving us. Anyway this is not another Suarez conversation...
- Yes he scores goals and creates goals. Also guess what despite you pointing out about what his team mates may say, plenty love him. Look at how warmly ex players treat him.
- Team would double and triple the amount of goals if he passed? are you being serious here? Did you not see how many some of our fellow strikers missed when he did lay it on for them last season?

I have to say this is my 2nd favourite post about Salah so far from you mate, 1st one was the thread you started about how much of a bad Muslim he was compared to Mane a few years ago.

That is some serious stuff there, don’t know where to start…
S

Not sure where to start with that but will have a go.
- Why doesn't Salah have a chance of winning golden boot? Has he not been close pretty much every season???
- Suarez wasn't selfish? This is your go to guy? the guy who wanted to move any chance he got and even sideways to a shite Arse side? What's his assist stats like by the way? was great one season but what about when he wasn't suspended.
- Yes he scores goals and creates goals. Also guess what despite you pointing out about what his team mates may say, plenty love him. Look at how warmly ex players treat him.
- Team would double and triple the amount of goals if he passed? are you being serious here? Did you not see how many some of our fellow strikers missed when he did lay it on for them?

I have to say this is my 2nd favourite post about Salah so from you mate, 1st one was the thread you started about how much of a bad Muslim he was compared to Mane a few years ago.
Suarez despite his faults wasn't anywhere near as selfish as Salah.

Regarding "triple that amount of goals", I'm saying that him not chasing one goal in these past few games could have led to us scoring three instead.

Yesterday he could have laid the ball on a platter for Nunez or Diaz but he didn't.
Against Man I he could done the same for Jota. That's two goals.

Also, I totally forgot about that "Mane is a better Muslim" post 🤣

Suarez despite his faults wasn't anywhere near as selfish as Salah.

Regarding "triple that amount of goals", I'm saying that him not chasing one goal in these past few games could have led to us scoring three instead.

Yesterday he could have laid the ball on a platter for Nunez or Diaz but he didn't.
Against Man I he could done the same for Jota. That's two goals.

Also, I totally forgot about that "Mane is a better Muslim" post 🤣
Suarez was totally selfish. His total assists for LFC in PL was 23 in 4 seasons which is not bad but ain't Mo levels. I assume you don't believe in stats but that is what they are.
He did lay it on for few others but they also missed, did you not see Diaz against City or Nunez last 3 months of last season?
Against Man United, he did also create 2.
He will create more but I expect a drop off too with age.
But guess what Slot rates him like Klopp does so he will continue to get minutes because I guess they know a little something about football, his fitness and what he's doing in training.

Suarez was totally selfish. His total assists for LFC in PL was 23 in 4 seasons which is not bad but ain't Mo levels. I assume you don't believe in stats but that is what they are.
He did lay it on for few others but they also missed, did you not see Diaz against City or Nunez last 3 months of last season?
Against Man United, he did also create 2.
He will create more but I expect a drop off too with age.
But guess what Slot rates him like Klopp does so he will continue to get minutes because I guess they know a little something about football, his fitness and what he's doing in training.
I never said that Suarez wasn't selfish. He was known to be selfish. I'm saying that Salah is worse and yes the stats can't be compared because Suarez played in a worse team, led by a worse manager.

Btw when is the last time you saw Salah cut inside and actually score? They just block him off and he ends up with a tame attempt straight at the keeper.

I never said that Suarez wasn't selfish. He was known to be selfish. I'm saying that Salah is worse and yes the stats can't be compared because Suarez played in a worse team, led by a worse manager.

Btw when in the last time you saw Salah cut inside and actually score? They just block him off and he ends up with a tame attempt straight at the keeper.
As soon as someone says anything about Salah that might question him - its like you hate him. But that is not the case, but what is for certain is that if the team are doing well, and he has the ball, you can guarantee he will not make that pass to a player in a better position - he wants to get on that scoresheet regardless.

As soon as someone says anything about Salah that might question him - its like you hate him. But that is not the case, but what is for certain is that if the team are doing well, and he has the ball, you can guarantee he will not make that pass to a player in a better position - he wants to get on that scoresheet regardless.
Thing is, despite his selfishness I want him to start and he still is our best option on the right.
I'm complaining because I want what's best for the team and it irks me to see the players constantly looking dejected in the penalty area because the pass almost never comes.

If you read some of these nonsensical posts then it's like we only have one player who plays for us, the obsession is ridiculous.

Btw when in the last time you saw Salah cut inside and actually score? They just block him off and he ends up with a tame attempt straight at the keeper.
He is now 32, he is a different player but just because he doesn't cut in and score doesn't mean his other goals don't count. Have you seen his other goals? they all count you know. Like the 3 he has already this year.

Thing is, despite his selfishness I want him to start and he still is our best option on the right.
I'm complaining because I want what's best for the team and it irks me to see the players constantly looking dejected in the penalty area because the pass almost never comes.
Which players do you mean? The same players who miss when he lays it on or the same players who are congratulating him when they score when he lays it on for them? It's not going to be 100%, that's life.

He is now 32, he is a different player but just because he doesn't cut in and score doesn't mean his other goals don't count. Have you seen his other goals? they all count you know. Like the 3 he has already this year.
The problem is he still keeps doing it and the opponents have figured it out, that's why nothing comes of it.
I definitely appreciate the goals, I would just like to see him share the goals a little.
I don't think it's a big ask.

Which players do you mean? The same players who miss when he lays it on or the same players who are congratulating him when they score when he lays it on for them? It's not going to be 100%, that's life.
We're not gonna come to an agreement regarding this so let's just agree to disagree.

The problem is he still keeps doing it and the opponents have figured it out, that's why nothing comes of it.
I definitely appreciate the goals, I would just like to see him share the goals a little.
I don't think it's a big ask.
He actually doesn't do it as much now as it's not effective anymore. He is sharing the goals though, we often have 3 scorers in decent numbers like when we had Mane and Bobby. I guess my expectations are far less than some people's lofty expectations to defy age. I think you have to face facts, he is very likely to leave this season and Slot likes him. So expecting anything less is going to leave you very disappointed.

I don’t quite get what’s goin on in here - Salah passes often enough - that would be why his assists are so high.

I think he tends to be greedy when he thinks he has a chance of scoring - I’m ok with that.

If anything on Saturday, it was like he got his decision making screwed up - passing when he should have hit it and hitting it when he should have passed.

I think a relevant point to this discussion is that most of those “greedy” Salah moments happened when we were 3:0 up at home vs Bournemouth. His decision-making is usually much better when the result is on the line; we’ve all been noticing him being willing to pass more since last season and statistically he’s been our best chance creator.

In short, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Salah will be fine; Slot’s next big task is rehabilitating Darwin Nunez.

I think a relevant point to this discussion is that most of those “greedy” Salah moments happened when we were 3:0 up at home vs Bournemouth. His decision-making is usually much better when the result is on the line; we’ve all been noticing him being willing to pass more since last season and statistically he’s been our best chance creator.

In short, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Salah will be fine; Slot’s next big task is rehabilitating Darwin Nunez.
Rehabilitating?

He needs to Frankenstein's monster Bobby's brain into him or something.

Careful defending Salah's assits on here, gets you marked at this place.
Especially when old extracts of Bobby's books are referenced 🙂

Trents comments sound ominous . .

Massive loss this will be, I guess he has the chance to go to Madrid and win 5 league titles and 3 CLs so. . .

Yep - on vague comments alone, I think Salah wants to stay more than Trent right now, which isn't the way around I'd prefer it. Using Trent to lure Jude to Liverpool is going to backfire spectacularly. They definitely wank in front of each other during England camps.

I don’t quite get what’s goin on in here - Salah passes often enough - that would be why his assists are so high.

I think he tends to be greedy when he thinks he has a chance of scoring - I’m ok with that.

If anything on Saturday, it was like he got his decision making screwed up - passing when he should have hit it and hitting it when he should have passed.
So for instance, you're OK with him not passing Sadio in the clip I posted above?

they’re not assists they’re debts to be paid, Mo demands a tap in as repayment
Very true
Yep - on vague comments alone, I think Salah wants to stay more than Trent right now, which isn't the way around I'd prefer it. Using Trent to lure Jude to Liverpool is going to backfire spectacularly. They definitely wank in front of each other during England camps.
Bellingham is more likely to get booted out probably before then having a massive ego even by Galactico standards.

So for instance, you're OK with him not passing Sadio in the clip I posted above?

I mean… he should have passed… he didn’t - there isn’t a player alive that doesn’t make bad decisions.

Did it make any difference to the result… so it’s something I didn’t get overly angsty about.

We could equally pick a time where he’s come up with a cracking pass to set up a teammate.

I guess it’s a mind set - he’s utterly focused on scoring and I’d imagine it’s instinctive… we’ve not lost out due to him being over all greedy, so… meh….

If he was constantly “Darwinning” most of his chance… different matter (and yes he’s beginning to show Donkey-like tendencies of late).

Like… I could have you round to share a bottle of wine… but I drink pretty fucking fast and if my glass is empty and your still sipping away… I’m still pouring myself another, so if it ends up with me drinking 3/4 of the bottle and you getting a dribble… tough titties.

…. And if you start skulling the wine… all of a sudden the good stuff will need “time to air”, while I crack open something cheap for you to guzzle at your leisure.

I mean… he should have passed… he didn’t - there isn’t a player alive that doesn’t make bad decisions.

Did it make any difference to the result… so it’s something I didn’t get overly angsty about.

We could equally pick a time where he’s come up with a cracking pass to set up a teammate.

I guess it’s a mind set - he’s utterly focused on scoring and I’d imagine it’s instinctive… we’ve not lost out due to him being over all greedy, so… meh….

If he was constantly “Darwinning” most of his chance… different matter (and yes he’s beginning to show Donkey-like tendencies of late).

Like… I could have you round to share a bottle of wine… but I drink pretty fucking fast and if my glass is empty and your still sipping away… I’m still pouring myself another, so if it ends up with me drinking 3/4 of the bottle and you getting a dribble… tough titties.

…. And if you start skulling the wine… all of a sudden the good stuff will need “time to air”, while I crack open something cheap for you to guzzle at your leisure.
So basically, you are not a nice person...I get it now.

Trents comments sound ominous . .

Massive loss this will be, I guess he has the chance to go to Madrid and win 5 league titles and 3 CLs so. . .

The comments were pretty positive in all honesty. Add to this:

None of the players (Virgil, Trent and Salah) want to leave Liverpool. [Paul Joyce]

So basically, you are not a nice person...I get it now.

As usual you’re wrong - I’m great fun and happy to share delightful wine… just keep up, don’t fanny about and don’t play silly buggers.

Just ask @the count about what a night out on the booze with me is like… I even bring him proper Tayto!!!

And Harry Maguire gets to eat the biscuit, if he behaves himself

Back
Top Bottom