• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

New 2 year deal incoming:

Van Dijk: “At both teams, I am still Virgil, the big leader, and I certainly want to remain that for the next two years.”
That's the thing - he summed it up, if we are to get a replacement for Virgil - we need him to be physically like him - not just a good defender but someone with a commanding presence. It's that later quality that will be hard to find and also finding a player that does not have a bad injury record. Let's face it other than that injury from the Pickford assault - he has always been available and the source of stability along with Alisson for our defensively line. I can imagine a team without Salah and Trent - but I cannot deal with imagining a team without Virgil.

what’s he responding to here? what have sources been saying?
I guess it's about Fab Romano.

“We can confirm what I keep saying since the game [vs Manchester United], because it was panic for Liverpool fans after that fantastic performance at Old Trafford,” Romano said on the Here We Go podcast.

“But then after the game, Mo Salah with those words sent the fans into a kind of panic for his future. What I can say is that conversations are set to take place soon between Mo Salah, his agent (Ramy Abbas) and Liverpool.

“There will be conversations, there will be talks. Let them work. In the sense that Liverpool have to discuss with Mo Salah, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and the same will happen with Virgil van Dijk. Talks will follow to understand the futures of these players, including Mo Salah.

“As of today, it’s not over at all between Salah and Liverpool. Talks will follow and we will see how these discussions will go on project, contract, length of the contract and also, obviously, money.”

I guess it's about Fab Romano.

“We can confirm what I keep saying since the game [vs Manchester United], because it was panic for Liverpool fans after that fantastic performance at Old Trafford,” Romano said on the Here We Go podcast.

“But then after the game, Mo Salah with those words sent the fans into a kind of panic for his future. What I can say is that conversations are set to take place soon between Mo Salah, his agent (Ramy Abbas) and Liverpool.

“There will be conversations, there will be talks. Let them work. In the sense that Liverpool have to discuss with Mo Salah, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and the same will happen with Virgil van Dijk. Talks will follow to understand the futures of these players, including Mo Salah.

“As of today, it’s not over at all between Salah and Liverpool. Talks will follow and we will see how these discussions will go on project, contract, length of the contract and also, obviously, money.”
romano also said salah was very keen to stay didn’t he? agent is probably annoyed with people undermining their negotiating position

Back
Top Bottom