• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

Unfortunately, Gerrard's was a little different in that he still had time left on his contract (plus no idea if those stories Woland's told are true or not, but could be). This is more of a Macca situation. Trent will have completed a contract agreed upon by both sides. It's our stupid fault for waiting this long.
Definitely.

I wouldn’t blame Trent going either. He’s completed football here. He will have an opportunity to go try complete it somewhere else too.

Definitely.

I wouldn’t blame Trent going either. He’s completed football here. He will have an opportunity to go try complete it somewhere else too.

But isn't it what klopp said to coutinho?
Trent can easily be top 3 scouse of all the time ... and be a legend of the club ... leave now, he'll be remember for Barcelona etc but he'll lose some of his shine ... I guess it depends on what he wants ... that, or a new challenge / weather / Jude etc

What did Klopp say about Coutinho?

He’s already eclipsed Gerrard and Carragher in titles but will most likely never be as revered as much as Gerrard. I’d probably have him at second already.

Unfortunately, Gerrard's was a little different in that he still had time left on his contract (plus no idea if those stories Woland's told are true or not, but could be). This is more of a Macca situation. Trent will have completed a contract agreed upon by both sides. It's our stupid fault for waiting this long.
Very different. Macca had a deal agreed and we tried to go back on it and offer less.

Trent wants to be Liverpool captain. Said so a couple of days ago. So he still has goals to complete and trophies to win.

Very different. Macca had a deal agreed and we tried to go back on it and offer less.
Do you go out of your way not to look at the obvious?
Macca: Free transfer. TAA: Free transfer. Kind of similar.
Gerrard: Not a free transfer. TAA: Free transfer. Kind of different.

I hope you are right. Also - I see Salah starting a load of games, but that habit he has when he don't pass when we are in the lead must be something that Slot needs to address. I also think it depends on how well Chesa will do if he takes up Salah's position, I wonder if a player like him gets into those positions what his decision making will be in comparison.
Could not find the original article that said the Mo salah had a agreement in place for a move to a Saudi Arabian club, but here is the follow up to that article
https://www.footballinsider247.com/...aim-mohamed-salah-has-agreed-record-contract/

Exclusive: Liverpool respond to claim Mohamed Salah has ‘agreed record contract’​

Wayne Veysey
Sun 29 September 2024 14:20, UK

Liverpool are unconcerned by new claims that Mohamed Salah has already agreed a contract with a Saudi Arabian club, sources have told Football Insider.

Gabriel Agbonlahor claimed this week that the Egyptian superstar has already committed to a move to the Middle East in next summer’s transfer window.
It was said live on air that Salah has been handed a “record-breaking contract” which will see him earn more than Cristiano Ronaldo and make him the face of the Saudi Pro League.

However, sources revealed to Football Insider that Liverpool are “not worried” about the speculation and believe they can agree to a new contract with their superstar forward.

Salah, 32, is out of contract with Liverpool next summer and will be available to negotiate terms over a move abroad from January onwards.

Despite this, the chief decision-makers at Anfield remain keen to secure his long-term future and are expected to begin contract talks in due course.

Football Insider revealed on 8 September that the Reds are doing “everything they can” to keep their star man at the club, with a “bumper” new deal expected to be offered.

Liverpool not bothered by Mohamed Salah speculation despite Saudi ‘agreement’ claim

Salah has been a top target for Saudi Pro League clubs since the beginning of last summer, after moves for Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kante and more of Europe’s superstars.

The long-term vision is to have the current Liverpool star as the face of the league, with the world’s most high-profile Muslim footballer making the move to the Middle East.

However, given his importance to Liverpool which has been reaffirmed since Arne Slot’s arrival, the Reds keen to keep him on Merseyside.

The winger has already scored five goals and provided four assists in eight games under the new boss, to underline his status as one of the world’s outstanding players.

Salah claimed in the aftermath of Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Man United that he has not been offered a new contract by the club.

Salah said: “You know this is my last year in the club. I just want to enjoy it. It’s not up to me but no one has spoken to me at the club.”

You won't be annoyed more at the idiots who didn't give him a contract? Or haven't supported the team during his time here to the extent that he is doubtful we're giving everything to be competitive?

Yup. If Trent was refusing to sign an extension for the last two seasons, we’d 100% hear leaks about it. We just didn’t offer him anything. It’s our own stupid fault for leaving it so late. I still hope he’s sign a new contract, but can’t blame him if he doesn’t.

Yup. If Trent was refusing to sign an extension for the last two seasons, we’d 100% hear leaks about it. We just didn’t offer him anything. It’s our own stupid fault for leaving it so late. I still hope he’s sign a new contract, but can’t blame him if he doesn’t.
I can quite easily blame him if he doesn't. He says he's a red through and through and wants to be captain. So why are you pissing off to madrid for? Whether the contract offer has come late or not if he really wants to stay he will....simple.

It's business, and if his agent didn't have any contract renewal offers on the table for the last two years, it will have been his job to find other potential clubs at the end of the contract term, to which both parties agreed to. He may have secured TAA a move to the most successful club in the world. It's our fault if he doesn't stay.

It's business, and if his agent didn't have any contract renewal offers on the table for the last two years, it will have been his job to find other potential clubs at the end of the contract term, to which both parties agreed to. He may have secured TAA a move to the most successful club in the world. It's our fault if he doesn't stay.
It is a business i agree. But when someone says they love the club and want to be captain you are saying its more than just business. Yes its his agents job to find him the best deal, but its up to him whether to accept it or not. So its his own choice if he leaves and will mean his words were pure shit.

It is a business i agree. But when someone says they love the club and want to be captain you are saying its more than just business. Yes its his agents job to find him the best deal, but its up to him whether to accept it or not. So its his own choice if he leaves and will mean his words were pure shit.
Or, it really was his dream but as he's matured in his adult life he's decided he wants to experience something new that he can only do right now. He's not ripping up a contract with Liverpool, he's only fulfilling it.

18 months before the contract finishes feels like the best time to do a renewal. 18 months before his contract ends Klopp told the world he was leaving. That led to a period of chaos. That’s why a new contract hasn’t been signed. I will bet my POTS campaign on discussions happening now that Slot has settled in and all 3 players know if they are in Slot’s plans and they have a future here.

18 months before the contract finishes feels like the best time to do a renewal. 18 months before his contract ends Klopp told the world he was leaving. That led to a period of chaos. That’s why a new contract hasn’t been signed. I will bet my POTS campaign on discussions happening now that Slot has settled in and all 3 players know if they are in Slot’s plans and they have a future here.
This. All 3 renewals come down to Klopp having left and all 3 players waiting to see what happens this season. I find it risible that everyone is blaming the club, FSG, Hughes and likely the bloody groundsman - anyone they can throw a dollop at.

Or, it really was his dream but as he's matured in his adult life he's decided he wants to experience something new that he can only do right now. He's not ripping up a contract with Liverpool, he's only fulfilling it.
If he wants to go he can go that's his choice. Whether he has a contract or not is irrelevant. Just saying it would mean all the stuff he said was crap and hollow and he would be remembered as such.

It’s helpful that Alisson is already committed to staying at the club - makes it easier for VVD, Trent and others to make this decision too.

This. All 3 renewals come down to Klopp having left and all 3 players waiting to see what happens this season. I find it risible that everyone is blaming the club, FSG, Hughes and likely the bloody groundsman - anyone they can throw a dollop at.
Stop making sense. "We are the fucking idiots we accuse the fucking idiots of being" is the way here

Yes, let's stop being fucking idiots.

Now back to blaming a player should they leave because they don't believe the owners of the club are as hell bent on winning trophies as they are. No, no, not just that. The JUST thing for Trent to do is for them to make sure that the owners receive some money when they leave, rather than them getting the money. Why? Well, it's only fair. Afterall, we need that money in our accounts to buy other players, because they couldn't make an investment in the team. I mean, they could, but why would they, they are businessmen, are you fucking crazy, they don't exist to win trophies. Trent's and Trent's agent would attract the ire of an angry mob should they behave similarly, because that's different. Are you not getting it? It all makes a lot of sense. It's naive for Trent to expect investment in the squad beyond current levels, but it's reasonable, hard nosed rationality to expect him to defer income and ambition so that our team doesn't lose out.

For certain players (profitable assets like TAA) you'd hope it would start earlier than 18 months. And we have 8 months before their contracts expire, so not sure where the 18 months is coming from anyway?

For certain players (profitable assets like TAA) you'd hope it would start earlier than 18 months. And we have 8 months before their contracts expire, so not sure where the 18 months is coming from anyway?
Klopp announced his retirement in January 2024. The 3 players contracts run out June 2025.

Back
Top Bottom