• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

I think someone needs to make a separate post on Trent’s comments - I saw some quotes, but would like to see the whole interview to judge in context. Has it been posted anywhere?

The state of this world really is reflected in football. I remember, the only type of player you would ever cry over leaving would be a forward or a number 10 of some kind. The state of the world when we worry about a RB leaving is a fucking joke.

As usual you’re wrong - I’m great fun and happy to share delightful wine… just keep up, don’t fanny about and don’t play silly buggers.

Just ask @the count about what a night out on the booze with me is like… I even bring him proper Tayto!!!
As difficult as it is to agree with a moron ...........................

[OneFootball] Trent Alexander-Arnold: “I said to Arne Slot that I would like to be the defender that no one wants to come up against in Europe”. “It is really refreshing to have a manager who will help and guide and teach me how to be better”.​

I wonder if that was aimed at anyone? 😀

I'm thinking Southgate maybe...

Every time I see this thread bumped, I keep hoping Hughes as managed to get one of them to renew. Lazy useless tosser

Every time I see this thread bumped, I keep hoping Hughes as managed to get one of them to renew. Lazy useless tosser
I think Hughes will see if Salah can maintain his level, and I think Trent will stay providing we do well in October/November, also Madrid aint doing too well even though they may be CL faves. I think if Slot does well against the big teams all 3 will sign. Think VVD is gonna be first on Arnes list, then Trent and then Salah.

I know we have done well so far but taking my top top top red hat off, I look at the teams we have beaten and really they are teams we should be beating. Its how well we do against the other contenders for top 10 that will really count in judging Slot.

Am I the only one who thinks we are dragging contract signings out as an incentive for these three to maintain their levels?

The longer it drags out, the more likely it is they won't be here next year.
Tbh, unless there's something serious planned in the summer (LOL), it would be stupid to not sign a part of the backbone of this year's treble winning team...

There are simply no excuses for them to leave it so late. Salah and VVD, fine, but leaving Trent's contract to the last 6 months is crazy.

There are simply no excuses for them to leave it so late. Salah and VVD, fine, but leaving Trent's contract to the last 6 months is crazy.
I'd say it's crazy to do this with VVD as well. Our defence is built around him. And he's captain. And he's still one of the best CB in the world. Can't understand this, unless all their agents basically kept saying no to our offers over the last year+. But then we should have sold them off in that case.

I would’ve thought the club had pencilled in look at contracts December/January last season. That was all thrown into confusion with Klopp announcing his retirement. The players then instruct their agents not to enter negotiations until the new boss was in and how we are doing. If we get to the middle of next month, near the top, good record in Europe I can see negotiations happening pretty quickly.

I think that Trent & Virgil will both 100% sign new deals, I am not convinced Mo will but I think our team will try to put one in front of him to drive a higher sale price in the summer.

I think that Trent & Virgil will both 100% sign new deals, I am not convinced Mo will but I think our team will try to put one in front of him to drive a higher sale price in the summer.
I hope you are right. Also - I see Salah starting a load of games, but that habit he has when he don't pass when we are in the lead must be something that Slot needs to address. I also think it depends on how well Chesa will do if he takes up Salah's position, I wonder if a player like him gets into those positions what his decision making will be in comparison.

I hope you are right. Also - I see Salah starting a load of games, but that habit he has when he don't pass when we are in the lead must be something that Slot needs to address. I also think it depends on how well Chesa will do if he takes up Salah's position, I wonder if a player like him gets into those positions what his decision making will be in comparison.

It can be frustrating, but last season Mo set up Darwin (and others) for about 15 clear cut chances that had what felt like 10% conversion.

Well, talk going around that he wants to join up with his bezzie Jude, so I wouldn't be too sure about Trent.
He'd earn way more money in both signing-on fee and wages, more trophies, and an experience at the biggest club in the world. The only thing that stops him from going is the fact that he's a local lad.

Well, talk going around that he wants to join up with his bezzie Jude, so I wouldn't be too sure about Trent.
He'd earn way more money in both signing-on fee and wages, more trophies, and an experience at the biggest club in the world. The only thing that stops him from going is the fact that he's a local lad.
I think he will sign a new deal but maybe have a buyout clause in case things are going bad and wants to bail. Would be disappointed if he left when his dream is to be liverpool captain.

I can see VvD and Mo resigning. I think Trent is off to RM.

I think he will sign a new deal but maybe have a buyout clause in case things are going bad and wants to bail. Would be disappointed if he left when his dream is to be liverpool captain.
Maybe he's waiting for us not to sign VVD to a new contract then, before committing to a contract himself 😵

Maybe they're all waiting for that jebroni hillbilly cunt Hughes to fucking link the attachment to the email and hit the send button so they can actually read through and sign the cunting thing, the stupid dopey twat.

Lol at using assists as a measure to claim Salah is the greediest player we have ever had.
He’s second only to Stevie for assists in the clubs history playing less than half the games.
If he signs a new deal he’ll be number one.

Much rather keep Mo and Virg on for the next 2 years then Trent for the next 4.

I actually look forward to the day we replace Trent with a more conventional RB and get back to playing free fluid football and making proper use of our fullbacks, & not all this junk we have since he chucked in the towel.

All out for Hakimi or Frimpong.

It’ll pretty sickening if Trent goes to those cunts considering the two CL finals against them and Jude choosing them.
Personally I can’t see him doing it, a bit like Gerrard and Chelsea.

It’ll pretty sickening if Trent goes to those cunts considering the two CL finals against them and Jude choosing them.
Personally I can’t see him doing it, a bit like Gerrard and Chelsea.
Unfortunately, Gerrard's was a little different in that he still had time left on his contract (plus no idea if those stories Woland's told are true or not, but could be). This is more of a Macca situation. Trent will have completed a contract agreed upon by both sides. It's our stupid fault for waiting this long.

I think all 3 will sign new deals, but it would be great to just get it done. Slotty has to get asked the same fucking questions regarding those contracts every week. Get it done.

Back
Top Bottom