• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

The club hate Paul Joyce and treat him like the little bitch he is. He isn't being briefed by anyone.

Jaysis, AI guy is machine learning. He's triggering my fear. Next stop for him: US Elections!

So we've changed from the club has 'not talked (to me)', to there being an impasse so obviously there is talk. Just sounds like negotiations to me.

My personal opinion is that VVD and Salah have fewer options to progress in their playing careers due to age but TAA has greater leverage.

I don't know the financial constraints on the club but I suspect they have limits to be responsible whereas the players can simply ask for the moon on a stick.

It's beginning to become clear to me why they appointed a Head Coach rather than a Manager fearing that they may have to develop rather than featherbed 'galacticos'.

Reduced ambitions but necessary stewardship?

So we've changed from the club has 'not talked (to me)', to there being an impasse so obviously there is talk. Just sounds like negotiations to me.

My personal opinion is that VVD and Salah have fewer options to progress in their playing careers due to age but TAA has greater leverage.

I don't know the financial constraints on the club but I suspect they have limits to be responsible whereas the players can simply ask for the moon on a stick.

It's beginning to become clear to me why they appointed a Head Coach rather than a Manager fearing that they may have to develop rather than featherbed 'galacticos'.

Reduced ambitions but necessary stewardship?
I think the issue around these contracts is not so much the affordability of the individual deals (we didn't spend much this summer and lost some players on big wages last year so there is sufficient money to spend), rather it's about what precedents are set:
- other important first-team players seeking parity which will drive a massive up-tick in wages
- any concessions on release clauses (which historically we've pushed back on)
- age-related precedents for VVD and Salah
I've said before that we need to approach these renewals as if we were signing these guys on Bosman's, because that's effectively where we are (and it's actually where other teams are). So the danger then is that other players in the squad fancy they'll play the same game and delay signing new deals.
And we've talked before about the need to refresh the squad from an age perspective. VVD and Salah are both worth their places in the team on current form, but either one of them could hit an age-related performance barrier and fall off the cliff. If we could find players of similar quality who are 10 years younger then we should totally sign those players. But they either don't exist or are unaffordable. But we will need to replace them sooner or later, so if we can then we should.
FWIW, I think Quansah has the potential to take Virgil's place in due course so I don't think we need to buy there, we need to nurture. And the boy has signalled his commitment to the club today by signing a new deal. I'm not sure if he'll ever be as good (very few are) but the overall drop in quality will be manageable.
I also don't think the likes of Gordon and Kudus are (currently) anywhere near Salah's level and won't be the long-term answer unless we believe they can step up.

On current form, VVD is irreplaceable.
TAA would be a massive loss, as we should be getting a fee
Salah would be disappointing, as he is a leader, and could be a vital part of the next few years - but all good things come to an end.

I think the machine is trying to learn how to shit stir. Fascinating
iu

Virgil is priority #1 for me - if we have any ambitions about competing for trophies in the short term (next 1-3 seasons), we absolutely cannot lose him.

I also think he’s the most likely to sign an extension.

I think Trent’s 50/50. I think he’s seriously entertaining RM.

I think Mo is the one most likely to leave - but it won’t be to Saudi… maybe free to Newcastle if they get CL next season - or maybe PSG for a few seasons.

But also… da fuk do I know - they could all re-sign by the weekend!!!

Will the new PSR restrictions that kick into place from the start of next season impact the decision making. Annual revenue is being slashed from 90% and capped at 70% for what we can spend in wages/agent fees etc aren't they? And given our wages are pretty high as it is......

I see us reluctantly giving Virg a new deal and the other 2 waving goodbye.

Just sounds like negotiations to me.
No. Negotiations took place 2-3 years ago. Since that time TAA has been holding the club hostage. Ultimatum or ransom are words that could be used. Not negotiations.

That's why Klopp left. He lost control of the dressing room through TAA and VVD. TAA is a local lad from Liverpool. He used and he keeps using that to threaten the club. Demand things. FSG, in contrast, are extremely careful and measured.

Just look at Alisson's contract situation and compare. That's how contracts are done (including at LFC). Players are kept locked into their contracts which are regularly renewed before they hit older age. Impossible to negotiate with a Prima Donna. She sells herself to the highest bidder. And works on it strenuously. TAA actually thinks he is Steven Gerrard but that the club is conspiring against him and therefore also against the city of Liverpool. That's what he thinks. Bigger than the club. Bigger than the city. Bigger than anyone.

Prima Donna might have a momentary change of heart. But should NOTTT be re-signed. That would set the club back for the next 5-6 years. It is the change of heart (back) that one can count on from a Prima Donna. Extremely corrosive and damaging all-around presence and influence.

The LFC is actually in a state of crisis. And it is only the FSG's very, very, veery shrewd leadership that is responsible for what looks like more than a solid output.

I think Mo is the one most likely to leave - but it won’t be to Saudi… maybe free to Newcastle if they get CL next season - or maybe PSG for a few seasons.

Newcastle? You have to be fucking joking. There is no way in the world he'd go there (or any other PL club). PSG pretty much the only option to us. He'll stay.

No. Negotiations took place 2-3 years ago. Since that time TAA has been holding the club hostage. Ultimatum or ransom are words that could be used. Not negotiations.

That's why Klopp left. He lost control of the dressing room through TAA and VVD. TAA is a local lad from Liverpool. He used and he keeps using that to threaten the club. Demand things. FSG, in contrast, are extremely careful and measured.

Just look at Alisson's contract situation and compare. That's how contracts are done (including at LFC). Players are kept locked into their contracts which are regularly renewed before they hit older age. Impossible to negotiate with a Prima Donna. She sells herself to the highest bidder. And works on it strenuously. TAA actually thinks he is Steven Gerrard but that the club is conspiring against him and against the city of Liverpool. That's what he thinks. Bigger than the club. Bigger than anyone.

Prima Donna might have a momentary change of heart. But should NOTTT be re-signed. That would set the club back for the next 5-6 years. It is the change of heart (back) that one can count on from a Prima Donna. Extremely corrosive and damaging all-around presence and influence.

The LFC is actually in a state of crisis. And it is only the FSG's very, very, veery shrewd leadership that is responsible for what looks like more than a solid output.

This is a very stupid post. Disappointed with the quality of AI generated content these days

I think you're right about Virgil and Trent.

If Mo does leave, I hope it's outside of England so I don't have to wish him a career ending injury

Will the new PSR restrictions that kick into place from the start of next season impact the decision making. Annual revenue is being slashed from 90% and capped at 70% for what we can spend in wages/agent fees etc aren't they? And given our wages are pretty high as it is......

I see us reluctantly giving Virg a new deal and the other 2 waving goodbye.
How did you work this out? Last financial year we were at 62% without CL. So assuming this stay relative, revenue increases regardless of CL then we should in theory be able to increase wages if required. I don’t see how PSR will be factor here. Do you have some data you are basing this on?

How did you work this out? Last financial year we were at 62% without CL. So assuming this stay relative, revenue increases regardless of CL then we should in theory be able to increase wages if required. I don’t see how PSR will be factor here. Do you have some data you are basing this on?
I haven't worked anything out.

Was asking if the new wage cap from 2025 would impact the clubs decision making.

Quansah now on a new bumper contract, given our self sustained model if we were to stick these 3 on new contracts (let's say Virg and Trent now on 300k and Mo 350k a week) then it'd have a direct impact on our already limited spend on transfers.

I haven't worked anything out.

Was asking if the new wage cap from 2025 would impact the clubs decision making.

Quansah now on a new bumper contract, given our self sustained model if we were to stick these 3 on new contracts (let's say Virg and Trent now on 300k and Mo 350k a week) then it'd have a direct impact on our already limited spend on transfers.
Yeah but they are already on huge wages already so I don’t see the net increase on all 3 taking us above PSR.

Yeah but they are already on huge wages already so I don’t see the net increase on all 3 taking us above PSR.
PSR is not a concern (Premier League). We are nowhere near that.
And we have plenty of capacity for the UEFA measure (player costs to revenue percentage).
We can absolutely afford these contracts, what we need to manage is everyone else wanting the same, so we need to make it clear that they are exceptional cases.

PSR is not a concern (Premier League). We are nowhere near that.
And we have plenty of capacity for the UEFA measure (player costs to revenue percentage).
We can absolutely afford these contracts, what we need to manage is everyone else wanting the same, so we need to make it clear that they are exceptional cases.
Captain, vice-captain and record goal scorer should hopefully make communications on that front relatively easy.

Back
Top Bottom