• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

He was worth 100-150m as we rejected a 100m+50m from the Saudi's. It was a mistake not to accept and it's an even bigger mistake to keep him on because the longer he's here the longer we go without replacing the fucker. We can't even sign a fucking understudy.

You make it sound like we'll never sell a big asset again, actually you make it sound like we're not permitted to.
Haha I mean like seriously. You do know that if he had wanted to go there then he would have. However it seems Mo. currently has zero interest in going to Saudi so ..... are you going to break an arm to force him into leaving?

Haha I mean like seriously. You do know that if he had wanted to go there then he would have. However it seems Mo. currently has zero interest in going to Saudi so ..... are you going to break an arm to force him into leaving?

To be fair, Mo made it known he wasn’t going to force a move - had we said we’ve accepted a bid from Saudi, he would have gone - we, rightly in my opinion, rejected the bid outright and that was that.

Pearce confirmed we haven't offered Salah a deal and there's no sign of any negotiations.

Salah is the only Liverpool player to score more than 20 goals for the club in seven successive seasons but the burning question is whether his eighth year at Anfield will also be his last. His current £350,000 per week contract expires next summer and so far there’s no sign of a new one being offered.

It’s well known that Liverpool’s owners are cautious about giving lucrative extensions to players in their thirties
but Salah simply isn’t your typical 32-year-old. He’s a machine. Having temporarily malfunctioned in the spring, he is now firing on all cylinders once again. “I see what he does to keep his body as it is to be ready to play every game, so I think there are many more years inside of him to play,” admitted Slot at Portman Road.

Of course, it’s not simply Liverpool’s decision whether Salah stays beyond this season. Significantly, there’s been no hint of irritation from the player’s camp over entering his contract’s final year.

It may well suit him to sit tight until later in the season and consider his options in the knowledge that, as a free agent in summer 2025, he would be able to bank eye-watering riches. Interest from the Saudi Pro League remains strong.

But is he really going to be ready to turn his back on elite-level football when he’s still rewriting the record books?
Liverpool should be doing everything they possibly can to nail him down for another two or three years.

To be fair, Mo made it known he wasn’t going to force a move - had we said we’ve accepted a bid from Saudi, he would have gone - we, rightly in my opinion, rejected the bid outright and that was that.
I've never seen any quotes to that effect. He's always stated the opposite in fact - he and his family are very happy in Liverpool. So, source?

Pearce says that without context though, has salahs agent made it clear previously they won’t be extending and will think about it when the time comes?

honestly it might be the right move to see how he gets on this season and bank on his family being settled / love of the club to keep hold of him if we wish

the other two renewals i have a much bigger problem with

I've never seen any quotes to that effect. He's always stated the opposite in fact - he and his family are very happy in Liverpool. So, source?

There probably weren’t any direct quotes as such, but plenty of articles suggesting that Salah would have to force a move if he wanted, but wasn’t inclined to force one.

However, if Liverpool has accepted the bid… do you think Salah would have turned it down?

If we're honest the biggest priority is renewing Trent. That has to be the first deal we get over the line.
Next is Virgil. He can play at the same level for at least two more years and would probably be okay with the same wages.
Salah is third in the priority order. Mostly because his wage at 350k is way to much going forward.
I'd probably be fine with adding 12 months to his contract and then getting some money for him next summer.

If we're honest the biggest priority is renewing Trent. That has to be the first deal we get over the line.
Next is Virgil. He can play at the same level for at least two more years and would probably be okay with the same wages.
Salah is third in the priority order. Mostly because his wage at 350k is way to much going forward.
I'd probably be fine with adding 12 months to his contract and then getting some money for him next summer.
I’d agree with this but Salah wouldn’t sign an extension if he was to leave next summer. He would be diddling himself out of millions.

I’d agree with this but Salah wouldn’t sign an extension if he was to leave next summer. He would be diddling himself out of millions.

Probably not, and in that case it might take a 2 year extension to be on the table. The problem is that he would most likely reject anything lower than 350k a week now.

Even after just one game I think Trent might have seen enough to realise that he's going to really shine under Slot. I can understand why he might be tentative.

There probably weren’t any direct quotes as such, but plenty of articles suggesting that Salah would have to force a move if he wanted, but wasn’t inclined to force one.

However, if Liverpool has accepted the bid… do you think Salah would have turned it down?
What bid? People keep parroting this 150m bid from "Saudi".... Based on?

[/QUOTE]
Bordering on irresponsible
£150m just went *poof*
I am honestly flabbergasted that no talks have taken place with players who are still worth £30m plus in Europe and more than double that in Saudi.
What's the logic of letting assets run down their contract instead of selling them?

I am honestly flabbergasted that no talks have taken place with players who are still worth £30m plus in Europe and more than double that in Saudi.
What's the logic of letting assets run down their contract instead of selling them?
[/QUOTE]
I have no idea...tradition maybe?

[/QUOTE]

The tradition of scoring and creating most of our goals?

Well he's not the first one we let go for free. We basically dumped half of our midfield during the Klopp years for free. Can, Ox, Keita etc

The point being he’s worth more to us in terms of football output and his standing in the game than the transfer fee we’d get.

[/QUOTE]
I can see some logic in it all...

1) Trent... the output per game maybe is not worth it in terms of his main role as a RB, and not selling him now means we are covered in that position. If we consider the last 3 seasons maybe..his output compared to seasons before is not that high. Also is Slots system solely based on chance creation from his RB and LB like much of Klopp style ? NO

2) Salah, yes guaranteed goals for now, but maybe a more effective one on one dueler creates better and easier chances for others. Also there is a realistic expectency that with age his pace, and goal scoring ability will decline.

3) VVD, maybe he is holding out, maybe we are not sure he can perform consistently as he is getting on a bit, plus pace as a backline defender will get slower.

Collectively maybe they think it would be better value for money to sign new players in all those positions with less wages than to extend these aging guys with potentially lesser output.

You gotta factor in that the team we're giving him away to for free is Madrid
I hate the idea of it as well @Modo , but what can we do ? I dont actually think they are a great team, fluky, saw them the other night against Mallorca, so easy to penetrate past their midfield, and I still dont see why so many on here cum in their pants when Tchoumaini is mentioned as a DM, he is such a limited player its unreal to me. Also seeing how basic and limited Jude is, and Mbappe ? Fuck me kick and run merchant. Mbappe will only come good if they actually sign Trent.

The overpowering will in that RM team comes from VJ, Valverde, their Captain and Rudiger. The rest are just spice thats hit and miss.

I hate the idea of it as well @Modo , but what can we do ? I dont actually think they are a great team, fluky, saw them the other night against Mallorca, so easy to penetrate past their midfield, and I still dont see why so many on here cum in their pants when Tchoumaini is mentioned as a DM, he is such a limited player its unreal to me. Also seeing how basic and limited Jude is, and Mbappe ? Fuck me kick and run merchant. Mbappe will only come good if they actually sign Trent.

The overpowering will in that RM team comes from VJ, Valverde, their Captain and Rudiger. The rest are just spice thats hit and miss.
I hope you're right bro

I can see some logic in it all...

1) Trent... the output per game maybe is not worth it in terms of his main role as a RB, and not selling him now means we are covered in that position. If we consider the last 3 seasons maybe..his output compared to seasons before is not that high. Also is Slots system solely based on chance creation from his RB and LB like much of Klopp style ? NO

2) Salah, yes guaranteed goals for now, but maybe a more effective one on one dueler creates better and easier chances for others. Also there is a realistic expectency that with age his pace, and goal scoring ability will decline.

3) VVD, maybe he is holding out, maybe we are not sure he can perform consistently as he is getting on a bit, plus pace as a backline defender will get slower.

Collectively maybe they think it would be better value for money to sign new players in all those positions with less wages than to extend these aging guys with potentially lesser output.
[/QUOTE]
Tell me how you replace 2 legends of the game and a world class talent when your net spend is £40-50m in one window?

Plenty have and Mo. hasn’t shown any inclination to date.

Back
Top Bottom