• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

Salah and VVD are nearing end of life anyways so whilst we could probably do with getting another year or two out of them, less concerned.

If TAA ends up walking for free than heads need to roll.

Salah and VVD are nearing end of life anyways so whilst we could probably do with getting another year or two out of them, less concerned.

If TAA ends up walking for free than heads need to roll.
Considering the owners want a self sustaining club, selling players would be a good route to generate much needed revenue. Salah last summer was worth £200m, he still has value. I have no problem letting him walk for free in 2-3 years time. The same with VVD. Both right now would fetch I imagine £120m+.
Selling academee grads is only getting £20m here and there. If I did not know better, I would say FSG are committing acts of self harm

In general we are just behind, constantly, and have been since covid. You want to anticipate your needs. We went from that to allowing them to become problems, then reacting to them. There's always going to be some inefficiency with a new manager and new needs, but in our case every issue we are dealing with is one we had regardless.

And these are just needs. Players who are getting old, missing spots in the squad. We aren't even getting into improving and pushing existing players.

And, we've made some truly embarrassing stop gap solutions in service of our thrift.

Can we stop this nonsense about Salah being worth £200m last year - that’s not true.

It’s been clear for ages he’s going to be allowed to leave on a free - it’s fine, make your peace with it, he’s been and still is essential to us.

Virgil will likely sign a 1-2 year extension and leave on a free.

Trent will sign a 5 year deal.

If you want to apply the “we should have sold” metric - we should be selling Alisson right about now.

Can we stop this nonsense about Salah being worth £200m last year - that’s not true.

It’s been clear for ages he’s going to be allowed to leave on a free - it’s fine, make your peace with it, he’s been and still is essential to us.

If you want to apply the “we should have sold” metric - we should be selling Alisson right about now.

We shouldn't continue to hold the opinion that he should have been sold because he wasn't? Are we in a temporal anomaly?

He was worth 100-150m as we rejected a 100m+50m from the Saudi's. It was a mistake not to accept and it's an even bigger mistake to keep him on because the longer he's here the longer we go without replacing the fucker. We can't even sign a fucking understudy.

You make it sound like we'll never sell a big asset again, actually you make it sound like we're not permitted to.

I think the plan was for Darwin to rise up and pull us through while we transit out of Salah at some point. That clearly did not worked out.
Now we are left with the conundrum of potentially replacing 3 forwards next season.

It looks like we are now trying to push Diaz out and bring Gordon in so that we can have 1 less problem next season.
Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen unless we pay an absolute fortune for Gordon.

If Diaz and Darwin managed to pull off a miraculous mini revival of form this season, we should be fine. A top 4 should be the bare minimum.
If we fall short of the top 4 because of our "we cannot find anyone better to buy" policy, we are in for alot of pain next season.

I think the plan was for Darwin to rise up and pull us through while we transit out of Salah at some point. That clearly did not worked out.
Now we are left with the conundrum of potentially replacing 3 forwards next season.

It looks like we are now trying to push Diaz out and bring Gordon in so that we can have 1 less problem next season.
Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen unless we pay an absolute fortune for Gordon.

If Diaz and Darwin managed to pull off a miraculous mini revival of form this season, we should be fine. A top 4 should be the bare minimum.
If we fall short of the top 4 because of our "we cannot find anyone better to buy" policy, we are in for alot of pain next season.

That's great and all but what has this got to do with this thread?

We shouldn't continue to hold the opinion that he should have been sold because he wasn't? Are we in a temporal anomaly?

He was worth 100-150m as we rejected a 100m+50m from the Saudi's. It was a mistake not to accept and it's an even bigger mistake to keep him on because the longer he's here the longer we go without replacing the fucker. We can't even sign a fucking understudy.

You make it sound like we'll never sell a big asset again, actually you make it sound like we're not permitted to.

The point I was making was not that we were offered the chance to sell him - but that no-one offered the 200m quoted in the original post.

We might have been offered 100m+ add ons - but without knowing what those add ons were it would be hard to call it a good deal.

It was also late on in the window with little chance of recruiting a replacement at a decent price and given his goals/assists in the first half of the season, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest we might have struggled to get back into the CL (not saying we wouldn’t) so there would have been a risk of negating whatever fee we got by reduced income.

You’re perfectly welcome to hold the opinion he should have been sold, but you’d be an idiot for believing fantasy made up figures.

I mean… if we want to also pretend that we were crazy not to offload Nunez for the £120m that was never offered by anyone.. we can if you want.

ok what if when your kid is 10 or whatever and he’s wearing a chicago bulls jersey somewhere in australia. he’s attending an nba exhibition match and bumps into Lebron James, he asks for an autograph… Lebron tells him to fuck off. are you happy?
Tribalism is fans in other sports is nowhere near the levels of football imo. Regardless if he wants an autograph I wouldn’t advise him to ask the star to sign a rival clubs shirt.

If I was in Trent’s position, I’d be wanting to see how Slot settled in and was like before committing.

Is Joyce a bitter blue nose? Everything he says is putting us in a bad light
Yes he is, and so is most of his family, in a former life I worked with his stunning looking cousin, she would give all the info on Liverpool. I find it amazing that so many bluenoses make their main living from LFC related stuff.

Attachments

• il_570xN.1089138366_6sek.jpg
    il_570xN.1089138366_6sek.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
If you are not selling them then sign them up to another 3 years and Trent 5 years
It isn't that easy. Not all of them are going to want to sign up, especially if the pitch is, "fresh talent to play with you? Nah, we will definitely perform better with this coach than we did with the vastly more experienced, better one."

Back
Top Bottom