• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

He has a had a full summer off, and gets a full pre season. I think it would be great if we see him operating at the high levels he set himself, especially in the first 5 games where many of our other key players are going to be eased back in.

It's not a great argument or debating tactic to just call those you disagree with retards or mentally handicapped. But hey ho, freedom of speech etc.

He is injury free and has had the summer off. I think we should expect to see him back to his best in all honesty.
New haircut is also ace.

The mentally handicapped bit was a reference to myself, if there was any doubt. I wouldn't call anyone else that in 2024.

It is hope more than should. He is turning 32 and no longer the twinkle toes 27 year old anymore.

He is injury free and has had the summer off. I think we should expect to see him back to his best in all honesty.
New haircut is also ace.

The mentally handicapped bit was a reference to myself, if there was any doubt. I wouldn't call anyone else that in 2024.
New haircut? The man had a hair transplant.

NEW: Trent has already spoken to Arne Slot. They have briefly outlined their respective plans for the summer. He has talked up his determination to hit the ground running and his commitment to the cause for the coming campaign has been detailed explicitly.
@ptgorst

A-Ha. Didn't specify which ground / cause he was referring to, did he? I see what you did there Trent Alejandro de la Arnaldo

Its still wild to me how undervalued and ridiculed he is by our fanbase. Weird to think he's probably one of our best players ever and is only 19 goals behind the all time PL great Thierry Henry.
But on here he is now Milan Jovanovic.

99% of that is irrelevant, as I'd like the club to move with the times rather than being hamstring by the past.

No one is undervaluing him. No one is saying sell for 5m are they? Should Gerrard still be lacing up for us as one of our greatest ever? Should Kenny?

Prior accomplishments shouldn't give you a free pass in to the starting xi for eternity

99% of that is irrelevant, as I'd like the club to move with the times rather than being hamstring by the past.

No one is undervaluing him. No one is saying sell for 5m are they? Should Gerrard still be lacing up for us as one of our greatest ever? Should Kenny?

Prior accomplishments shouldn't give you a free pass in to the starting xi for eternity
It's not really irrelevant though is it? If Kenny or Stevie G are still got the goals and assists expected in the previous season then their place in this season would be fine surely.
Feels like at times, people want to focus on Salah and want him to fail so bad regardless of his contributions. Really feels like we have bigger things to focus on than a player who is still performing above other strikers we have.

Yeah. We all want Salah to fail and the club to fail. That's absolutely what people want.

Maybe some people are just trying to be proactive and thinking the club should be.

But nah. Can't be that. Clearly they just hate support

I want a DM, "oh but endo was great for us last year". I want a CB "oh but do we need one with vvd konate quansah and Sepp.might be good"

Can't fucking want the progression of the club at any fucking point it seems

Yeah. We all want Salah to fail and the club to fail. That's absolutely what people want.

Maybe some people are just trying to be proactive and thinking the club should be.

But nah. Can't be that. Clearly they just hate support
I want a DM, "oh but endo was great for us last year". I want a CB "oh but do we need one with vvd konate quansah and Sepp.might be good"

Focussing on Salah is pro-active? He seems to be one of the better performers is the point.
Compared to DM and CB, LB to me it doesn't seem so. I get the point of improving the team but it's not same as going on about Salah as it feels more targetted and venomous like I said. Say we somehow got rid of Salah? what is the plan next to replace him with similar output? Let's be sensible, it doesn't seem like a priority for the club right now. We have lost Klopp and not signed a single player so far, going on about moving on our leading scorer who will likely leave is kind of pointless now, we should focus on what we can achieve with him and what we have interms of leading performers and get fucking behind him.

You left Gomez out which would have made it 5 CB's.
It's not about not wanting to progress, it's about trying to figure out what the club is trying to do, at least that's how I see it.

With 5 senior CB's at the club it's unlikely that we're going for a 6th.

However, I do agree about the DM position, but it doesn't seem like Enzo is going anywhere and we already have Bajcetic (also Macca).

Do we buy first and sell later?

For instance last summer, we knew that at least half of our midfielders would be gone.
So we signed Macca and Szobo.

Then Fabs and Hendo left and we signed Endo and Gravy.

I know it's not the Liverpool way but I'm in the buy first sell later camp.

Not to the extent Chelsea or Utd do it, of course but Arsenal or Spurs is a happy level. These teams always have abit of fat lying around but not to the level where it causes wodespread discontent or funds haemorrhage.

If you're already 70% sure you want to sell a player just go ahead and get his replacement in. If all else fails, give Ljinders a call.

I think this is pretty much in line with what has been reported these last few weeks. Salah is important to Slot and the team this season but the club understands that they need to plan ahead and have his successor in place during the next 6 months.

Not to the extent Chelsea or Utd do it, of course but Arsenal or Spurs is a happy level. These teams always have abit of fat lying around but not to the level where it causes wodespread discontent or funds haemorrhage.

If you're already 70% sure you want to sell a player just go ahead and get his replacement in. If all else fails, give Ljinders a call.
100% we should have brought in an affordable understudy earlier, he would have got enough games last season and would likely more this season. It would have left us in a smarter and stronger position to act if required but for some reason we haven't. City and Arse would have done this like I said.

Doesn't it give the potential buyer the upper hand?

Clubs can low ball us etc.

Doesn't give the potential buyer the upper hand?

Clubs can low ball us etc.

Why? We're not short on cash. We're notoriously stubborn sellers.

And no one really believes that we can't beat to sell Phillips, or Tsimikas, or Sepp.

There was only one sucker, but he works for us now

The way I see it Salah has already repaid his transfer fee and then some. Gone are the days when he would burst past opponents, or leave everyone in the dust on the counter, but let's see how he does in a new setup. Slot seems to prefer all the precise passing in and around the box and we saw enough of Salah last season to know he can adapt to that. As has been rightly said, he would have a tonne more assists if Nunez didn't spectacularly lose all his sight and coordination near the goal.

There is a middle ground in which we offer short-term extensions that suit both parties and we can pragmatically part ways at the end of it by offering wages linked to future predicted output. Most sensible fans would want a reliable source of goals at the club before Salah eventually departs whenever that may. The boat of selling him for huge money (if there ever was) has long since sailed, so now it's about cautious pragmatism until someone either a) comes in) or b) steps up to produce the numbers we need. He will surely get the big pay at Saudi someday but he won't want to go anywhere else before then, IMO. He could go to Saudi in 3-4 years and still make huge money just like Ronaldo. Only Salah can decide how much of a decline in wages he's prepared to accept to stay with us over that period. We should not ignore what playing for Liverpool does for his 'brand' through endorsements, sponsors, brand ambassadors, and everything else. Purely speculating, but I'd wager it's like bringing in a second LFC wage, if not more, so some decrease in wages from us may not be the end of the world for him.

i saw a table somewhere, probably reddit, showing all the hundred million+ valued players and we had none where city and arsenal both had a couple

a few years ago salah and mane would’ve been in with trent, virgil and probably allison

we’ve dropped off, there used to be talk of top teams needing 2-3 world class players to be truly competitive. we don’t have that or the manager to bridge the gap
Frankly that's a little misleading. Who are they rating Arsenal? Saka? Rice? Can't think of any others and they're better than Ali? Trent ( he's deffo 100+) VvD? Mo? Mac? Slobo?

Rather spurious ratings TBH. Probably based on age not just quality too.

Frankly that's a little misleading. Who are they rating Arsenal? Saka? Rice? Can't think of any others and they're better than Ali? Trent ( he's deffo 100+) VvD? Mo? Mac? Slobo?

Rather spurious ratings TBH. Probably based on age not just quality too.

yes age is part of the valuation and it’s very important imo, they’re players at a certain level that’ll be there for a while

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/609GVMG9V4ND/capturelolop-jpg.jpg
capturelolop-jpg.jpg

yes age is part of the valuation and it’s very important imo, they’re players at a certain level that’ll be there for a while
Nah, it’s an English thing where the most valuable player in the world is Jude Bellingham.

Maybe some kid wants an autograph and it's easier to just do the fucking thing.

What's causing the speculation is his contract and the existence of calendars, not this trivia.

Back
Top Bottom