• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

It's still wild to me the Salah debates. Like, I feel people are watching 2 different games. He's a completely different type of player now.

And his finishing is muck. Just less muck than 3/5ths of our forwards

It's still wild to me the Salah debates. Like, I feel people are watching 2 different games. He's a completely different type of player now.

I’m sure people watch the game on spreadsheets. But hide half the columns.

Not as pointless people debating Salah for last 2-3 yrs asking club to sell him when it won't happen for a number of reasons.
People focussing on Salah when we have bigger issues to fix each time, now people still wan to sell him for nothing with a year left when we have yet to sign any players let alone a RW, why bother?

i saw a table somewhere, probably reddit, showing all the hundred million+ valued players and we had none where city and arsenal both had a couple

a few years ago salah and mane would’ve been in with trent, virgil and probably allison

we’ve dropped off, there used to be talk of top teams needing 2-3 world class players to be truly competitive. we don’t have that or the manager to bridge the gap

I would have taken the £225m the Saud's offered, but it didn't happen. Now we're going into the season knowing if he doesn't sign he walks. I would rather get something rather than watch him leave for free, equally I would be okay with him signing an extension.

Because City and Arsenal invest in key positions at right points like we used to 4yrs ago, we buy when 2 seasons after when we need to buy. We used to do that 2017-2020. Both have spent more than us, it is what it is at the moment.

Because City and Arsenal invest in key positions at right points like we used to 4yrs ago, we buy when 2 seasons after when we need to buy. We used to do that 2017-2020. Both have spent more than us, it is what it is at the moment.

Worth noting that neither Diaz and Nunez have hit the heights needed. Neither have offered us anything like the output or bang for buck we've had previously.

Worth noting that neither Diaz and Nunez have hit the heights needed. Neither have offered us anything like the output or bang for buck we've had previously.
That is true but then we have done well in other transfers when required. It is not always possible for every transfer to be successful but still in the last 4yrs our refresh in key positions has been slow while Arse and City have been far more pro-active.

I want Trent to stay, and I want us to find him a role in the team where he gets his swagger back. I felt too many times that in his inverted role he just didn't look quite as interested, possibly because it wasn't optimal. If he is going to be a midfielder, I think he'd excel further if he had a full back bombing down the right, giving him more options ahead and out wide. By sacrificing himself in that inverted role he lost recipients of the ball in 1/3 of the pitch.

Anyway, lets see how he and Slot work together.

I also don't see a world where Trent would run down his contract and leave on a free. He'd be costing the club hundreds of millions, and I don't think he would do that to his boyhood club.

One thing that didn't help Salah's cause - and I am somewhat guilty of overlooking this too... is just how many big chances he created for others that were missed. He could have broken 20 PL assists last season if Darwin wasn't Darwin.

Its still wild to me how undervalued and ridiculed he is by our fanbase. Weird to think he's probably one of our best players ever and is only 19 goals behind the all time PL great Thierry Henry.
But on here he is now Milan Jovanovic.

It’s recognising he’s on the downturn, on a massive contract and his style of play really impacts the setup of the team.

He will go down as one of the all time greats but let’s not lie to ourselves, we may have missed the boat to sell for big bucks to reinvest in the side.

Plus, his agent is an absolute toss pot.

I’m sure people watch the game on spreadsheets. But hide half the columns.

With Mo you don't need to hide any column. Sad thing is this is probably his final season, and after one more year its time to move on and in a new direction. But people are quick to forget that this is a player we probably won't see anyone like quality wise for years. Just enjoy the last 25-30 goals season in his Liverpool career.

Its still wild to me how undervalued and ridiculed he is by our fanbase. Weird to think he's probably one of our best players ever and is only 19 goals behind the all time PL great Thierry Henry.
But on here he is now Milan Jovanovic.
I can think he was brilliant and think we should sell him, especially because I believe he's overvalued and getting worse.

It’s recognising he’s on the downturn, on a massive contract and his style of play really impacts the setup of the team.

He will go down as one of the all time greats but let’s not lie to ourselves, we may have missed the boat to sell for big bucks to reinvest in the side.

Plus, his agent is an absolute toss pot.

This isnt a 79 year old Christiano Ronaldo you know.

And everyone can agree about the downturn, but the extent of it is another debate and not one that is any interesting anymore.

If we let him go for free considering we received huge offers for him last summer it will be an absolute travesty.

That's money we could have used to rebuild the squad.
If he's not willing to sign an extension just sell

I think you mean mentally handicapped, and that has got less to do with Salah but more with Ibiza '98 and '99.

If we let him go for free considering we received huge offers for him last summer it will be an absolute travesty.

That's money we could have used to rebuild the squad.
If he's not willing to sign an extension just sell

Was there ever any concrete interest or was it just rumours and forum chat?

He has a had a full summer off, and gets a full pre season. I think it would be great if we see him operating at the high levels he set himself, especially in the first 5 games where many of our other key players are going to be eased back in.

It's not a great argument or debating tactic to just call those you disagree with retards or mentally handicapped. But hey ho, freedom of speech etc.

Back
Top Bottom