• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kelleher not happy

Modo

A contentious scando
Irish Independent

Latest | Caoimhín Kelleher sees his future away from Liverpool, claiming: ‘I want to go and be a number one’

Daniel McDonnell
Today at 13:21

Caoimhín Kelleher has indicated that he would have departed Liverpool in the summer if the club had accepted bids for his services, and admitted that the signing of Georgia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili would suggest he’s not in the club’s long term plans.
The long-serving Anfield number two was the subject of summer interest from Nottingham Forest, and has previously stressed that he wants to go out and become a number one.

Alisson is the established first choice and Liverpool’s decision to sign Mamardashvili from Valenica – the 23-year-old will arrive next summer – pointed to a succession plan which does not involve the Irish international.

The fact that Kelleher did not move on in the most recent window was interpreted in certain quarters as the player being happy to stay put, but the Cork native has asserted that it wasn’t his call.

“I made it clear in the last few years I want to go be a number one and play week in, week out,” said Kelleher, speaking on Irish media duty ahead of tomorrow’s game with Greece.

“The club made the decision to get another goalkeeper [Giorgi Mamardashvili]. From the outside looking in, looks like they have made a decision to go in another direction.

“My ambition has always been clear the last few seasons that I want to be a number one, playing week in week out.

“Sometimes from the outside looking in, it looks like it is 100 per cent my decision but at times it is not always in my hands.”

“My mission was to go out and play, and be a number one,” said Kelleher, when asked about his mindset going into this summer.

“It has been reported that Liverpool had rejected a few bids as well. It is not always in my hands to make the decision. My ambition is to prove I am good enough to play week in, week out.”

Tbh this has been coming. Not exactly the best player management by the club

Nothing new is it, something we've kinda known all summer.......to the point where fans agree with him, he needs to go out and be a #1 somewhere to really get his career kickstarted because for sure he's too good to be wasted away on anyone's bench.

Any player should understand if you want a move away, the club won't stand in your way.....but simultaneously we're not gonna be lowballed by any cunt out there thinking they can undercut our valuation. That simple.

Especially from cunts like these....

View: https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1833122454094369246?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1833122454094369246%7Ctwgr%5Ee3ff71ffff33b1f800c0b23d250e66fd02348b99%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheanfieldnoise.com%2Ft%2Fjurgen-klopp-liverpool-legend%2F48%2F5140

Tbh this has been coming. Not exactly the best player management by the club
Disagree. First and foremost, the club comes first, and that's what we've done. He's played in finals ahead of our #1 and makes £32,000 a week. He's been very well treated which is why he didn't moan up to now ... and that's only because we signed the Georgian who we clearly rate higher. Fair enough.

Nothing new is it, something we've kinda known all summer.......to the point where fans agree with him, he needs to go out and be a #1 somewhere to really get his career kickstarted because for sure he's too good to be wasted away on anyone's bench.

Any player should understand if you want a move away, the club won't stand in your way.....but simultaneously we're not gonna be lowballed by any cunt out there thinking they can undercut our valuation. That simple.

Especially from cunts like these....

View: https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1833122454094369246?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1833122454094369246%7Ctwgr%5Ee3ff71ffff33b1f800c0b23d250e66fd02348b99%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheanfieldnoise.com%2Ft%2Fjurgen-klopp-liverpool-legend%2F48%2F5140

Erm is it ok to ask who the fuck is Matt Turner ?

Erm is it ok to ask who the fuck is Matt Turner ?
He is onloan to Palace from Forest. Basically they wanted an Iphone 14 for a 2 year Oukitel and some cash. We told them Fuck off. They bought the keeper a year before from the Arse for £8m and got bumped. He turned out to be not too good which is why he is on loan.
They should have tried Man U, those fuckers by any sh1t

Disagree. First and foremost, the club comes first, and that's what we've done. He's played in finals ahead of our #1 and makes £32,000 a week. He's been very well treated which is why he didn't moan up to now ... and that's only because we signed the Georgian who we clearly rate higher. Fair enough.
But none of that is good player management? Its excellent team management. He moaned prior to us signing the georgian as well.

it’s his time to leave the nest because he’s not going to depose daddy alisson but any keeper under 30 with two arms and a pulse in the PL is worth 10m, that’s a ridiculous offer from forest

I agree he should move but if the club isn't going to get an appropriate offer, then he can't blame the club. Hopefully we get an offer of £30m from Saudi and he can go.

No problem with him wanting to go and I can understand his frustration but 20-25M is pretty fair and it's not our fault no-one has come in with a decent bid. He can't expect us to give him away.

No problem with him wanting to go and I can understand his frustration but 20-25M is pretty fair and it's not our fault no-one has come in with a decent bid. He can't expect us to give him away.
Erm...well if you ask 3 of our other current players, its almost like we really dont give a shit

I don't think you can blame anyone here. We've got the best goalie in the world and one of the best young goalies in the world. So how you gonna make that work? Short answer is you can't. He's got to be allowed to have a career.

By signing a third goalie of course.

If I was Kelleher I'd be raging. He's a talented player who looks like he's probably been demoted and he plays for Ireland who are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite. And I say that as an Irish person.

I don't think you can blame anyone here. We've got the best goalie in the world and one of the best young goalies in the world. So how you gonna make that work? Short answer is you can't. He's got to be allowed to have a career.

It almost worked. Alisson isn't quite injured consistently enough.

Back
Top Bottom