• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Gomez situation

Modo

A contentious scando
Dont know where else to post this but the squad situation is even more dire if the Gomez rumours are true.

As I understand it we currently have 5 CB's and two of them want to leave now.

And no incomings?

Dont know where else to post this but the squad situation is even more dire if the Gomez rumours are true.

And no incomings?
I think we will defo get another in before letting Gomez go.

I’m not a scout. Fuck knows. It’s a feeling I have. I’ll put a placeholder in the momowasright column.

All for Gomez leaving, Sepp too as he's seemingly made his mind up early and stuck with it. Not being involved today negates the whole "managing his game load" after being left out Sevilla/Las Palmas.

Can only pray the cocky smurf we have in charge of transfers can get a replacement or 2 in before 2054.

And no incomings?
What did I miss?

Yeah but Gomez covers the entire backline. He should be on the bench

Both Bradley and Tsimikas came on, I think they are ahead of Gomez in their respective positions.

More interesting that Nunez and Jones were both unused subs. That must sting for formerly established first-team players.

If Inacio is available for 35-40m we should be all over that. Selling Gomez can cover that whole fee.

Sepp + 10-15m for Koussounou or Hincapie, not fussed which.

Both Bradley and Tsimikas came on, I think they are ahead of Gomez in their respective positions.
For a while last season, JoeGo was our top choice LB and deservedly so. But, I can see him wanting to leave. He walks into starting 11 of about 15 teams in the league.

I mean if we're skint, there's a certain German-Cameroonian who is still looking for a new club...

Sad day to see Gomez leaving. Hope he makes a u turn on that decision.
And you think Slot is the kind to say, "oh no problem we saved a spot for you on the bench?"

It's sad to see him go, especially since he's our longest serving player. But I understand where he's coming from, he needs to play.

And you think Slot is the kind to say, "oh no problem we saved a spot for you on the bench?"

It's sad to see him go, especially since he's our longest serving player. But I understand where he's coming from, he needs to play.
Slot seems to be a coach that gives players a chance to prove themselves. I could see him getting chances and taking them.

Ya not sure who’s longest serving after him. Maybe Trent?

He’s gone as far as he can with us. He’s won the lot. Not starting. Now entering that time of his career where he wants to play all the time. He has 4 or 5 years left. He may as well go play for Fulham or Palace. Play week in week out.

Rumours that Villa and Fulham had their bids accepted and now it’s up to Gomez…

The only regret is the thread title - “Joe Go” was much better.

Rumours that Villa and Fulham had their bids accepted and now it’s up to Gomez…

The only regret is the thread title - “Joe Go” was much better.

Doesn't look like a tough choice unless he really wants to move back to London

Back
Top Bottom