• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The squad situation

Oooh your pal Jonesy is going to hate you now. Your love affair is coming to a close.
Jones is too good to play a shit DM role, as I keep saying, DM position is for those footballers that have quality but are not good enough to be a defender or final third player.

Just adding, with plenty of these so called DM types around based on my thinking, its amazing the struggle we have had finding these shits.

Left field idea but…

…given we identified Zubamendi as a Slot double pivot 6 seemingly based upon his capacity to move the ball quickly, turn quickly out of tight presses etc…I have a left field option as another Chiesa-like signing as a cheap, experienced back up for Grav…it relies upon a late career change in position but he’s always struck me as a brilliant natural talent who could play anywhere across midfield and prolong his career by moving into a deeper role.

I present…

Willian open to Premier League returnpublished at 11:54 British Summer Time​

11:54 BST​

Nizaar Kinsella
BBC Sport football news reporter

Willian Fulham
IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES
Former Fulham and Chelsea winger Willian is open to another Premier League move as he insists he can play until he is 40.

The Brazil international, now 36, is a free agent after leaving Craven Cottage this summer when his contract expired.

When asked why he left Fulham and where he sees his future, Willian told BBC Sport: “I decided to leave Fulham much before the end of the season, in January or February. I had it in my mind that I would leave after speaking with my agent and family.

“I am looking at some options at the moment. I am thinking about possibilities in Europe, England, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the MLS - just not Brazil as an option for me.

"I am trying to see all the possibilities and think about making the right decision right now. I have some offers already and this is the key moment to decide my next challenge.”

I have a suspicion that Lindjers will also try to loan Danns, which would be awesome.

My only concern is midfield as if Slot doesn't favour Endo or Jones then we might see Gravy & Macca run into the ground in that double pivot role. Macca has already started the season knackered and overplayed so this gives me a bit of a concern.
I don’t think anyone will be run into the ground. What I’ve read about slotty is he listens to the medical team and will tell players they need to sit out games.

I think it is too early to say he's not going to include Endo and Jones in his plans. It will be a long hard season and everyone will get their chance to show what they bring to the party.

Slot was asked about Endo in the last press-conference and said he will be an important player for us this season. Don’t think he would have sugar-coated it if it was not so.

Looking at the squad now that Chiesa joined ( fingers crossed), it seems like we have two players per position + a "bonus" player for every category.

Gk 2 + Jaros

Def 8 + Philips

Mid 6 + Morton/Nyoni

Att 6 + Danns

Looks good imo.
Update:

Gk 2 + Jaros

Def 8 + Philips

Mid 6 + Morton, Nyoni, McCallum

Att 6 + Danns

Looks good imo.
Looks a bit thin in defence.