• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The squad situation

Since the start of last season (first team only)
Out:
Matip
Keita
Firmino
Fabinho
Henderson
Ox
Milner
Carvalho
Thiago

In:
Szoboslai
Maccallister
Endo
Gravenberch

Thats a lot
True, but of the list of those that left, the majority are midfielders, and that's where we really did put the effort in for replacements.
Carvalho, Keita, Ox and Thiago never really played in their final seasons, Matip was always injured.
And we've had Elliot really making a push into the first team, while Quansah has stepped up as a legit 3rd choice CB.

Really could do with a quick player for Salah's position, but I'm guessing that will come next summer.

I think Tom Brown said the last time we went into a season without a signing we won the league? Can’t remember if that’s so.
1) How do you know my real name?
2) I did and its true
3) Summer 2019, had just won the European Cup, bought Sepp Van den Berg and got Adrian & Lonnergan on frees. Mayhem as everyone shouted that we should strengthen from a position of strength and how would leaving the squad unchanged from the one that came second in the league give us any chance whatsoever of overhauling the mighty cheats?

Result - won 26 of the first 27 and had the league tied up by the end of fucking August!

2) I did and its true
3) Summer 2019, had just won the European Cup, bought Sepp Van den Berg and got Adrian & Lonnergan on frees. Mayhem as everyone shouted that we should strengthen from a position of strength and how would leaving the squad unchanged from the one that came second in the league give us any chance whatsoever of overhauling the mighty cheats?

Result - won 26 of the first 27 and had the league tied up by the end of fucking August!

Then the following season we flopped. Because we got old

2) I did and its true

Not all situations are comparable.
Is the squad as good as it was that summer before we won it?
Prime Salah, Mane, Firmino, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Alisson etc. No fucking chance.
We didn't just win it, we owned the league that year.
We also gave up the league cup because of the world club cup. Lost in the 5th round of the FA cup. Got tossed out of the CL because of that joke of a keeper.
Also, we were lucky with injuries that entire season, except for Matip who, as usual, got injured mid season.

So we basically have the same team we had last season minus Matip.
If they stay fit, like if Jota starts at least 34 games, Salah stays fit, Diaz starts being less erratic and so on and so on...we might just have a chance. But will you put your house on that happening?

Not all situations are comparable.
Is the squad as good as it was that summer before we won it?
Prime Salah, Mane, Firmino, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Alisson etc. No fucking chance.
We didn't just win it, we owned the league that year.
We also gave up the league cup because of the world club cup. Lost in the 5th round of the FA cup. Got tossed out of the CL because of that joke of a keeper.
Also, we were lucky with injuries that entire season, except for Matip who, as usual, got injured mid season.

So we basically have the same team we had last season minus Matip.
If they stay fit, like if Jota starts at least 34 games, Salah stays fit, Diaz starts being less erratic and so on and so on...we might just have a chance. But will you put your house on that happening?
Be more Viking you hysterical fanny.

The Viking line is well and truly alive in the Liverpool area. Those genes are strong from the raping and pillaging days.

Someone said it before but if we had a slightly better team I'd be fine signing noone. If we sign someone amazing in January maybe it all makes sense in the masterplan

Something tells me Hughes has something lined up mega next week, there's no way on God's green earth we can be this fucking STU-PID

Although it sounds like Quansah's picked up a knock and Gomez could be drafted back in the squad for Sunday.

Then the following season we flopped. Because we got old
Which, at the time, we would have all (well 99% of us, can't include the loons) given our right arm for if we knew it would deliver the first league title in 30 years, as it did.

If we had added a super star or two in 2019, who knows how that may have destabilised the squad, and prevented the perfect start that setup our title success.

One thing none of you acknowledge is the leadership qualities of Joe Gomez whenever he has been playing in the backline without VVD. If he goes to Chelsea - he will become their leader at the back and I guarantee you that they will become a better team. You will all cry like fucking pussies.

One thing none of you acknowledge is the leadership qualities of Joe Gomez whenever he has been playing in the backline without VVD. If he goes to Chelsea - he will become their leader at the back and I guarantee you that they will become a better team. You will all cry like fucking pussies.
Leadership? Jomez? Even he admits he’s the quietest member of the squad! He’s a lovely shy lad but leader he’s not.

Of course they're not, but pointing out omens from previous success is far more satisfying than being a miserable prick & cry arsing into your breakfast cereal (except for Hal)
Yeah I don't do omens, because it's bullshit.
But yeah keep this energy, because last season when people like you were dismissing City they showed you how much your omens mean. But the fact that you're smug about it too, that's what bothers me...

Yeah I don't do omens, because it's bullshit.
But yeah keep this energy, because last season when people like you were dismissing City they showed you how much your omens mean. But the fact that you're smug about it too, that's what bothers me...
sorry

I have a suspicion that Lindjers will also try to loan Danns, which would be awesome.

My only concern is midfield as if Slot doesn't favour Endo or Jones then we might see Gravy & Macca run into the ground in that double pivot role. Macca has already started the season knackered and overplayed so this gives me a bit of a concern.

I have a suspicion that Lindjers will also try to loan Danns, which would be awesome.

My only concern is midfield as if Slot doesn't favour Endo or Jones then we might see Gravy & Macca run into the ground in that double pivot role. Macca has already started the season knackered and overplayed so this gives me a bit of a concern.
I think it is too early to say he's not going to include Endo and Jones in his plans. It will be a long hard season and everyone will get their chance to show what they bring to the party.

I think it is too early to say he's not going to include Endo and Jones in his plans. It will be a long hard season and everyone will get their chance to show what they bring to the party.
I'm happy we have players of their calibre in the squad. They are never going to be 'first team starters' by choice as we have better players with the double pivot, technical pass and go Slot tactics but it's good to have them in reserve for when required.

Looking at the squad now that Chiesa joined ( fingers crossed), it seems like we have two players per position + a "bonus" player for every category.

Gk 2 + Jaros

Def 8 + Philips

Mid 6 + Morton/Nyoni

Att 6 + Danns

Looks good imo.
So Morton is staying then ? I thought he wqs going off on loan ?

Back
Top Bottom