• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Szoboszlai

No, it’s too early to talk abour replacing a player who clearly has talent and is desperate to succeed. Something is not clicking at the minute, but that’s thw coach’s job to figure out how to best make use of him.

Hope you’re right amigo. If we had a real player in that position it would really help a title tilt. We’re currently “settling”.

Not sure I agree, Niall old pal. He's a player of proven quality who's gone off the boil (though still putting a shift in) and is being given an opportunity to work his way back into form. There's a limit to how much leeway we can reasonably give him but I don't think we're near it yet.

If Elliot was fit, I think we would have seen them rotated. However I think its clear that Slot sees this midfield role as critically important. We've seen that he has goals in him, but for whatever reason it isn't clicking. He could easily be a 10 league goal a season AM for us.

There is a lot of premature talk here for a player that has been here a year and is only 23 years old. He's a brilliant player that contributes to our midfield 3 being so successfull, so lets keep it that way.

The job for Arne and his coaching staff is now to unlock the immense attacking potential that he has in his locker. When he plays for Hungary he's a bit like Gerrard and does absolutely everything. No matter who the opposition is he'll do the defensive work, score goals, create and be the attacking vocal point. The challenge for our coaching staff is to unlock that when he plays for us. To step up and not be a passenger. Once he is comfortable with that the attacking returns will come as well imho. Was a lucky trailing leg from Johnstone away from a goal on Saturday, so it will come.

We're not a club like Utd that look to replace someone who isnt developing as quickly as some fans would like, but a club that will work with players that are clearly talented. We're playing well, winning games and he is a key reason for that in the midfield 3. He obviously stays in the team.

I'm sure other non-challenging teams would also love him. Arsenal and city wouldn't

That joke would work better if Arsenal hadn't actually tried to sign him before we got him. A long with a whole host of top clubs.

That joke would work better if Arsenal hadn't actually tried to sign him before we got him. A long with a whole host of top clubs.
When arsenal were weaker you mean? Our main rival the summer we got him was fucking Newcastle.

We were in the race to sign mason mount for a similar fee. I'm sure united fans aren't going "he must be good, Liverpool wanted him"

Every club in the world tried to sign Freddy adu. Doesn't mean he wasn't fucking shite after a couple of years

Thankfully Slot and his coaching staff sees Szobos potential and what he brings to the team. The start to the season proves they're right as well.

Thankfully Slot and his coaching staff sees Szobos potential and what he brings to the team. The start to the season proves they're right as well.
The start to the season made Slot say he needs to start assisting and scoring more, as a 10 for Liverpool should.

Again, he's being a quicker Henderson at the minute and we need more than that

He's been unlucky to score, hasn't he? It's not like he's been peppering the penalty area with nonsense balls like Salah

I think a lot of his play has been very good. His profile & approach looks aligned to what Slot wants. The output does need to come though.

There is a lot of premature talk here for a player that has been here a year and is only 23 years old. He's a brilliant player that contributes to our midfield 3 being so successfull, so lets keep it that way.

The job for Arne and his coaching staff is now to unlock the immense attacking potential that he has in his locker. When he plays for Hungary he's a bit like Gerrard and does absolutely everything. No matter who the opposition is he'll do the defensive work, score goals, create and be the attacking vocal point. The challenge for our coaching staff is to unlock that when he plays for us. To step up and not be a passenger. Once he is comfortable with that the attacking returns will come as well imho. Was a lucky trailing leg from Johnstone away from a goal on Saturday, so it will come.

We're not a club like Utd that look to replace someone who isnt developing as quickly as some fans would like, but a club that will work with players that are clearly talented. We're playing well, winning games and he is a key reason for that in the midfield 3. He obviously stays in the team.

It's been 14 months of games. He's been somewhat disappointing. International football is not the highest level.

He's gonna have to show up more often to be worthy of being "coachable". if we want to win stuff, we need to be firing on better cylinders.

Slot clearly rates him; after a preseason of Elliot playing 10, very effectively according to most comments I read, Slob replaces him as soon as he is back from his holidays and holds his place in the team. Obviously that's all a bit moot now Elliot is injured, but it is still valid for the first few matches of the season.

All I know is that he has skill, powerful shot on him, and is big enough to be physical in midfield role. So he has all the qualities - its a case of making use of it in the correct way which we have not worked out yet.

I have to say - he is exceptionally good looking, so are most of our boys - you can see these guys on a cat work right ?

- Darwin
- Trent
- Szob
- Curtis
- Gravy
- Ibou
- VVD
- Gakpo

We need to tell FSG to rent them out to those shows in Paris, and dress them up in the latest designer suits etc. - Good meat in that list - we need to exploit that aspect a bit more.

All I know is that he has skill, powerful shot on him, and is big enough to be physical in midfield role. So he has all the qualities - its a case of making use of it in the correct way which we have not worked out yet.

I have to say - he is exceptionally good looking, so are most of our boys - you can see these guys on a cat work right ?

- Darwin
- Trent
- Szob
- Curtis
- Gravy
- Ibou
- VVD
- Gakpo

We need to tell FSG to rent them out to those shows in Paris, and dress them up in the latest designer suits etc. - Good meat in that list - we need to exploit that aspect a bit more.

Was wondering if you'd try to sneak Curtis in there.

I've been very harsh on him since Christmas when his form fell off a cliff, but I know he's a great player who needs the right kind of coaching rather than a bucket of shit like Lucas.

We should persist.
Agree with this completely. You can see there's a player there; I just worry it's a maverick style player where he prefers doing his own thing and dominating that way, rather than a system player.

He's fine. He's just not enough of a threat yet.

The last thing United need is another midfielder with no end product. Their current 10 shits on him for end product, to be fair

He's been unlucky to score, hasn't he? It's not like he's been peppering the penalty area with nonsense balls like Salah
Unlucky? Hitting the keeper when 2 yards out or doing everything but not take the shot against United is more mentality and probably lack of finishing skills. Still, a player worth going with as he is a good option for a number of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom