• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 14th Sept 15:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Going early, cos fuck the internationals.

Not a lot to say here other than its our first game in a set of 6 games in 3 weeks (before another international break!)

I expect to see our first bit of rotation - possibly linked to number of minutes played by those away on international duty. My prediction is that Diaz will get rested, and possibly also Jota. Diaz will play all minutes for Columbia so might need to be managed, and my sense is that Jota will be saved for Milan. In a way we are lucky that some of our players likely won't play for their national team - Trent, Gravy, Jota, Konate in particular. Although maybe the new England manager will opt for Trent straight away.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Macca
Gravy
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo

Always open to being wrong, this could be when we see Elliot come in. But last thing I expect to see is same line up, although there is a strong argument to get things back into 'order' by starting with the XI that has started the last 2.

Bradders, Nunez and Elliott to come in. First stage of using the whole squad with minor tweaks.

Trent is obviously having his minutes managed, Mac and Diaz coming back from South America.

Jota is a sub for Portugal, hell be back rested and ready to go.
Diaz and Macca play each other on Tuesday next week. Will probably travel back together on Wednesday.

Can see there being a few changes in the next 3 games mainly due to internationals and having to travel to Milan midweek.

Ali
Trent Quansah Virgil Robbo
Endo Grav
Salah Szobo Chiesa
Nunez
Although shape wise in possession I can continue to see Robbo being deployed as a mainstay defensive fullback but narrow and Trent moving into midfield.

Can see there being a few changes in the next 3 games mainly due to internationals and having to travel to Milan midweek.

Ali
Trent Quansah Virgil Robbo
Endo Grav
Salah Szobo Chiesa
Nunez
Although shape wise in possession I can continue to see Robbo being deployed as a mainstay defensive fullback but narrow and Trent moving into midfield.
Chiesa won't get LW over Gakpo. Jota will start upfront.

Chiesa won't get LW over Gakpo. Jota will start upfront.

I like Gakpo but he's done fuck all in his cameos, time for Chiesa to get a run out and I think with his pace and trickery he'll be a better option against Neco.

Jota has done ok chipping in with a goal and assist but otherwise his general play and game involvement still sucks. Against Ipswich he had 32 touches, in 80mins completed 8/14 passes (pretty embarrassing), 1 of those touches was a missed sitter, and dispossessed 4 times. It didn't get much better against Utd. 26 touches, completed 7/11 passes and lost 11 out of his 13 duels and you could tell from watching the game how marked out the game he was.

bit early to call, all depends on minutes played and such

we need to look after macallister a bit better imo but i’m not sure how taxing this break will be on him

gakpo, quansah, bradders seem to be the most trusted subs so they could be looking at a start but if trent and konate barely kick a ball that won’t be the case

I like Gakpo but he's done fuck all in his cameos, time for Chiesa to get a run out and I think with his pace and trickery he'll be a better option against Neco.

Jota has done ok chipping in with a goal and assist but otherwise his general play and game involvement still sucks. Against Ipswich he had 32 touches, in 80mins completed 8/14 passes (pretty embarrassing), 1 of those touches was a missed sitter, and dispossessed 4 times. It didn't get much better against Utd. 26 touches, completed 7/11 passes and lost 11 out of his 13 duels and you could tell from watching the game how marked out the game he was.
I didn't need a breakdown. It's a simple statement of what I believe Slot will do.

I didn't need a breakdown. It's a simple statement of what I believe Slot will do.
And then against Brent….no I’m kidding 😎

Who knows what he’ll do, which is why I go with what I would do (or like him to do).

Slot will probably not change a damn thing and he shouldn't, unless there's a valid reason to.
It’s about the physical condition of those coming back from international. Yes, it’s West Ham midweek where they may get a rest but I’d be thinking longer term than that. Why risk some players who may have only had one session at Kirkby? It’s a marathon not a sprint.

It’s about the physical condition of those coming back from international. Yes, it’s West Ham midweek where they may get a rest but I’d be thinking longer term than that. Why risk some players who may have only had one session at Kirkby? It’s a marathon not a sprint.
I get what you're saying and that's a valid reason to rest a few players, but if Macca gives us the thumbs up, he starts.
Also I think the West Ham game will be moved. We have a game away in Milan.

I get what you're saying and that's a valid reason to rest a few players, but if Macca gives us the thumbs up, he starts.
Also I think the West Ham game will be moved. We have a game away in Milan.
It has been moved. That probably gives more reason to rest those who aren’t close to 100%.

Slot will probably not change a damn thing and he shouldn't, unless there's a valid reason to.

Yes there is a strong argument (that I support - as I would have us all in on PL and every other trophy sacrificed if required) to stick with 'usual' XI from the 3 games so far against Forest and start rotation against Milan. I would be happy to see this, but I think Slot might want to have a statement win in his first CL game for us.

Yes there is a strong argument (that I support - as I would have us all in on PL and every other trophy sacrificed if required) to stick with 'usual' XI from the 3 games so far against Forest and start rotation against Milan. I would be happy to see this, but I think Slot might want to have a statement win in his first CL game for us.
Yeah but Milan are shit, so just unleash Chiesa on them.

Yeah but Milan are shit, so just unleash Chiesa on them.

Yes - goes contrary to my opening post but that was my prediction not my wish. I would love to see strongest team in PL (no matter the opponent) and rotate for CL (bar possible RM game, as there is a score to settle there).

I think some of our rotation players would adapt better to European opponents well too e.g. Gakpo, Nunez, Elliot, Jones, Endo, Morton, Bradders, Quansah etc. Although not suggesting we do full rotate from the start.

I would do the subs for Forest so the returning players have some time to recover. Two out of Szobo, Alexis and Diaz especially. We shouldn't rotate too many players at once anyway, so maybe a couple for Forest and a few for Milan.

Kelly's Dirty Slots are inclusive, and sometimes you have to find a way to appease those difficult to understand foreigners who fire from the hip with jinxy threads
Just wanted to maximise the time to enjoy my fav fixture of the year. Stuffing Utd in their own backyard!

Back
Top Bottom