• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Season Friendly - Sevilla (H) - Sunday 12:30

imo when konate is fit and in form he is great, very dominant and proactive

but he’s injured loads and ropey when he returns for a spell, he has also started getting involved in these weird physical duels with attackers

i feel like we’d maybe like Quansah to ascend to number 2 at Konates expense if he’s going to be more reliable, even if he drops a few howlers while he learns

He’s also a bit shit on the ball.

I think thats very harsh in all honesty. He’s more than good enough on the ball and has the ability to play those passes into midfield.

The thing is Quansah played himself into CB2 last season and has shown in pre season that he should continue to start.

I think he is a more physical defender. A better version of Lovren. I’ve hardly been impressed by his ball work. In this supposed Slot Ball era, I don’t know how he will develop. I actually think he went downhill as a player compared to other seasons. I had real high hopes for him but last year he didn’t perform as I’d hoped.

Neither are [edit] currently [/edit] as good as a fit Matip. Hopefully one will become as good as a fit Matip.

Which one is currently better is shades of grey. Both will improve

Konate at his best is a dominant CB and very good. The problem, as said, is that he can’t be relied upon to stay fit and we don’t have the luxury of playing someone back into form in such a key position.

I don’t think Quansah is ready to start for us either right now though who knows, he could develop very quickly.

Puts us in a difficult position.

Neither are [edit] currently [/edit] as good as a fit Matip. Hopefully one will become as good as a fit Matip.

Which one is currently better is shades of grey. Both will improve
You are right lets get Matip back, he is free right ?

Back
Top Bottom