• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 14th Sept 15:00

The key to beating Forest is to attack their fullbacks (sorry Neco). They're normally very attacking but I believe they will be somewhat cautious playing at Anfield.
We should also put pressure on their midfield especially Sangare whose passing range is limited.
In attack we need be careful about their pace. Elanga and Odoi especially. MGW will be roaming behind the striker and he's the type that can create something out of nothing. Gravy needs to be on his toes. Just bully him basically, do not allow him to turn.
Upfront they have the giant Kiwi target player, Chris Wood.
Can be a nuisance on set pieces and corners, but also on counters with their wingers trying to capitalise on flick-ons from him. Important that Van Dijk and Konaté do not allow him any space.
My feeling though is that Forest will play with a back 5 meaning they'll sacrifice their wingers and stack their midfield in order stop us.

Why? What has he done to deserve a place in the starting 11? Unless we want to rest Mac, CJ stays on the bench. We need CJ to stay fit till Jan when we can off load him for a better but more importantly a more reliable player
Trust me - he ain't going nowhere - he is a brilliant player, I am sad for those of you on here who fail to acknowledge his talent or completely blind to it.

The key to beating Forest is to attack their fullbacks (sorry Neco). They're normally very attacking but I believe they will be somewhat cautious playing at Anfield.
We should also put pressure on their midfield especially Sangare whose passing range is limited.
In attack we need be careful about their pace. Elanga and Odoi especially. MGW will be roaming behind the striker and he's the type that can create something out of nothing. Gravy needs to be on his toes. Just bully him basically, do not allow him to turn.
Upfront they have the giant Kiwi target player, Chris Wood.
Can be a nuisance on set pieces and corners, but also on counters with their wingers trying to capitalise on flick-ons from him. Important that Van Dijk and Konaté do not allow him any space.
My feeling though is that Forest will play with a back 5 meaning they'll sacrifice their wingers and stack their midfield in order stop us.
Fuck the tactics - Slot ball can overcome any shit that comes at us, if City are Tiki-Taka, we are the fucking Borg of football - Slot is an adaptive manager - no waiting around, none of that hugging bollox. We gonna smash them like 5-0

Fuck the tactics - Slot ball can overcome any shit that comes at us, if City are Tiki-Taka, we are the fucking Borg of football - Slot is an adaptive manager - no waiting around, none of that hugging bollox. We gonna smash them like 5-0
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be Slot's first real test. The other teams we've played so far, even Brentford, haven't sat back. I have a feeling that Forest won't be lured into pressing us. They'll park the bus and try to his us on counters. We'll see how Slot adapts, luckily we have Jota leading the line who's good in tight spaces.
If we get the first goal early it will, just like you predicted, turn into a rout.
Other factors to consider is the lack of preparation and fatigue from travelling.

Forest wont be an easy match and it will be tight. 1-1, 1-0 and 1-1 for them so far. Think they have the 4th or 5th most shots in the league so far as well. Got some good players.

Saturday cannot come sooner - my boy got a birthday invite - so that means I will find some cafe and be on here following the main match thread. I really hope Curtis starts.
Don't do it to yourself! Match threads on here can make you suicidal - they rarely reflect what I'm actually seeing! Personal biases flagrantly on display.

Don't do it to yourself! Match threads on here can make you suicidal - they rarely reflect what I'm actually seeing! Personal biases flagrantly on display.
erm...when I have been on them before - I really lower the tone on it, like if we are not one nil up in 3 minutes - I start losing my shit. I can't wait for this game.

Basically these lot are getting smashed to bits.

2 goals for Cody and Darwin, 1 for Chiesa.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be Slot's first real test. The other teams we've played so far, even Brentford, haven't sat back. I have a feeling that Forest won't be lured into pressing us. They'll park the bus and try to his us on counters. We'll see how Slot adapts, luckily we have Jota leading the line who's good in tight spaces.
If we get the first goal early it will, just like you predicted, turn into a rout.
Other factors to consider is the lack of preparation and fatigue from travelling.
I don't want to jinx it by saying Forest are less of a threat than Man U. When there is low block, you have to pass the ball till there is an opening or use set play. Once we score one goal, that will force them out. I think we will have much tougher sterner tests. What I fear is the players losing focus, over confidence and thus becoming lax

Don't think many of the Forest lot been away on internationals, so they could be rested and well organised. If we get our rhythm back we should have too much for them. That Murillo is class though.

I think Curtis starts alongside Gravenberch, maybe Endo gets the nod, but he's been away. I'd like to see Morton tbh.

Gutted Elliott is out, so Szobo in the AM slot. He can't play every game though, so maybe Chiesa can play there after some work with Slot.

Id go Gakpo LW as he did well for Holland again and Diaz will be fucked. It'll be interesting how the performance / injury management guys assess and manage people after the internationals.

Don't think many of the Forest lot been away on internationals, so they could be rested and well organised. If we get our rhythm back we should have too much for them. That Murillo is class though.

I think Curtis starts alongside Gravenberch, maybe Endo gets the nod, but he's been away. I'd like to see Morton tbh.

Gutted Elliott is out, so Szobo in the AM slot. He can't play every game though, so maybe Chiesa can play there after some work with Slot.

Id go Gakpo LW as he did well for Holland again and Diaz will be fucked. It'll be interesting how the performance / injury management guys assess and manage people after the internationals.
Sorry but that 2nd paragraph of yours, you really need to make your mind up.

Anyway, I am so excited, the way we play now, I think we are invincible, we play Klopp Ball but with collective defence, so good to see so good, best team in the league. We are gonna fuck all of them up proper.

Actually they had quite a few players away on international duty.
Gibbs-White, Neco, Omobamidele, Elanga, Milenkovic, Sels, Boly, Sangare, Aina, Awoniyi, Wood, Sosa, da Silva Moreira and Anderson were all picked. Sangare withdrew due to injury.

I have a feeling that Slot will play the same team but will also make a few early subs.
Apparently everyone took part in training. Light training session for most of them
Chiesa might be on the bench.

Mac Allister returned to the AXA on Thursday along with everyone else, and while there has been some hesitation over his involvement against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, Slot expects him at Anfield.

“He was out in the last game but he trained with us yesterday,” Slot told reporters on Friday. “I’m expecting Macca to be with us tomorrow.”

It is good news that the No. 10 will be available, but it isn’t to say that he will not be managed as Liverpool face a run of seven games in the next 22 days.
The fixture list was evidently on Slot’s mind as he discussed the disappointment that is Harvey Elliott‘s injury, a fractured foot that is to keep him out until mid-October.

On the Elliott news, Slot said: “Harvey it’s, of course, a big disappointment for him, but also for us.

“Ok, he didn’t play that much in the first three games, but he played a lot in pre-season and showed himself really well.

“Of course, if he stayed fit, he would have had a lot of playing time in the upcoming fixtures. Now he isn’t and that now gives a chance to someone else.

“First and foremost, it is a blow to himself and, in the end, also for us because availability is important in a phase of the season where we play seven games in 22 days.

“It is a blow for the both of us, but he will work as hard as always to come back in the best possible way.”

Back
Top Bottom