• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 14th Sept 15:00

Post internationals, Macca might be rested only due to travels.

Might see Harvey get his first start
Yeah I think I'm gonna join the "Macca should be rested" camp.
Played 80 mins yesterday, despite the Argentine manager saying that he was a bit fatigued. They play Colombia on Tuesday and he'll obviously be assessed when he returns to Anfield but it might a be good idea to save him for the midweek Milan game.
Jones is back in training and I'm hearing that he'll be ready for the Forest game. It's a no brainer really.
Slot shouldn't make too many changes, Gakpo for Diaz maybe, but that's it.

Yeah I think I'm gonna join the "Macca should be rested" camp.
Played 80 mins yesterday, despite the Argentine manager saying that he was a bit fatigued. They play Colombia on Tuesday and he'll obviously be assessed when he returns to Anfield but it might a be good idea to save him for the midweek Milan game.
Jones is back in training and I'm hearing that he'll be ready for the Forest game. It's a no brainer really.
Slot shouldn't make too many changes, Gakpo for Diaz maybe, but that's it.

«Alexis Mac Allister scored the opener as Argentina beat Chile 3-0 overnight. Mac Allister was subbed after 79 minutes with a heavy knock, manager Lionel Scaloni is unsure whether Mac Allister will be fit to face Colombia on Tuesday.»

Yeah, lets hope he doesnt play on Tuesday.

I remember Mac Allister playing tired and jetlagged following returning from internationals. He was running through treacle and it's something we cannot let happen again. Obviously if he returns back fit and fresh then wonderful, but I'd suggest between Grav/Jones/Endo/Elliott we should have enough to cover him for Forrest and not risk him unless we need. Hopefully he just has an impact injury and gets rested for game two.

AFAIK Jones is the only midfielder not involved in any international fixtures (Senior/U21's) so Slot should be well placed to assess his fitness and suitability for Forrest. He missed United, but with an additional 2 weeks you would hope he'd be good for some minutes.

I remember Mac Allister playing tired and jetlagged following returning from internationals. He was running through treacle and it's something we cannot let happen again. Obviously if he returns back fit and fresh then wonderful, but I'd suggest between Grav/Jones/Endo/Elliott we should have enough to cover him for Forrest and not risk him unless we need. Hopefully he just has an impact injury and gets rested for game two.

AFAIK Jones is the only midfielder not involved in any international fixtures (Senior/U21's) so Slot should be well placed to assess his fitness and suitability for Forrest. He missed United, but with an additional 2 weeks you would hope he'd be good for some minutes.

I’d quite like to see a couple of lads left home for the Milan game, as they’d get to stay on Merseyside for 2 weeks before next away game.

For me that would be Macca & Diaz who did most mins in summer and most miles on planes. I think we can handle Milan without them

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook.Fourth official: Anthony Backhouse. VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Craig Taylor.

Do we know if Jones is fit and training? If Macca needs a rest it feels like Endo is most match fit (played both Japan games) but Slotty didn’t seem to like either hugely in preseason.

Morton played for Eng U21s too.

Do we know if Jones is fit and training? If Macca needs a rest it feels like Endo is most match fit (played both Japan games) but Slotty didn’t seem to like either hugely in preseason.

Morton played for Eng U21s too.
[James Pearce] Curtis Jones back in full training at Kirkby and in contention to face Forest on Saturday. Federico Chiesa has also taken some important strides in terms of building up his fitness as he eyes a debut. Full squad set to be back together from Thursday.

I hope Freddy makes the bench. Will be interesting to see who Slot leaves out.

I can only begin to imagine the outrage amongst certain posters when they realise Darwin is the one that misses out.

There will be much gnashing of teeth.

I hope Freddy makes the bench. Will be interesting to see who Slot leaves out.
We still talking about Moron's love interest?

403373-freddy-the-frog.jpg

But, don't forget ...

se04994_02.jpg

Saturday cannot come sooner - my boy got a birthday invite - so that means I will find some cafe and be on here following the main match thread. I really hope Curtis starts.

Saturday cannot come sooner - my boy got a birthday invite - so that means I will find some cafe and be on here following the main match thread. I really hope Curtis starts.
Why? What has he done to deserve a place in the starting 11? Unless we want to rest Mac, CJ stays on the bench. We need CJ to stay fit till Jan when we can off load him for a better but more importantly a more reliable player

Back
Top Bottom