• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 14th Sept 15:00

Gibbs-White to target Gravenberch?​

After becoming Nottingham Forest’s first England international since 1997, Morgan Gibbs-White has another chance to show his quality on a grand stage. The No 10 uses his skills and intelligence to unlock defences but also possesses a serious work ethic, willing to chase down opponents in the hope of winning the ball back. He will occupy the same part of the pitch as Liverpool’s Ryan Gravenberch, where the Dutchman takes possession and initiates attacks. Gravenberch is not a natural defensive midfielder; he is used in that role because of his ability to retain possession rather than for his love of the tackle. He has performed exceptionally since being placed there by his Dutch compatriot Arne Slot but Nuno Espírito Santo will be willing to test Gravenberch with the confident Gibbs-White. If Forest can disruptGravenberch they have a chance to keep their unbeaten run going. WU

Gibbs-White to target Gravenberch?​

After becoming Nottingham Forest’s first England international since 1997, Morgan Gibbs-White has another chance to show his quality on a grand stage. The No 10 uses his skills and intelligence to unlock defences but also possesses a serious work ethic, willing to chase down opponents in the hope of winning the ball back. He will occupy the same part of the pitch as Liverpool’s Ryan Gravenberch, where the Dutchman takes possession and initiates attacks. Gravenberch is not a natural defensive midfielder; he is used in that role because of his ability to retain possession rather than for his love of the tackle. He has performed exceptionally since being placed there by his Dutch compatriot Arne Slot but Nuno Espírito Santo will be willing to test Gravenberch with the confident Gibbs-White. If Forest can disruptGravenberch they have a chance to keep their unbeaten run going. WU
Like I said in the previous post, just bully him. Don't let him turn.
Macca and Gravy should take turns harassing him.

Like I said in the previous post, just bully him. Don't let him turn.
Macca and Gravy should take turns harassing him.
Obviously this will bite me on the arse; but is Morgan Gibbs white genuinely someone to be concerned about? Their wingers with pace is more my worry.

Obviously this will bite me on the arse; but is Morgan Gibbs white genuinely someone to be concerned about? Their wingers with pace is more my worry.
hehehe, not really but he does shoot a lot and once in a while it does get pretty dangerous. Can't sleep on him, but he'll be doing a whole lot of defending tomorrow.

I think MGW is really good, and on a break he would be carrying the ball at pace and orchestrating the plays. He's also pretty strong, so could be hard to bully but let's see. Their challenge will be getting the ball to him, and I don't think we'll struggle to swamp their defence and CMs with our pressing.

Tbf they were mostly left foot shots from right footed players
Plus with the placement of the ‘defenders’ there was only one place they could aim for (and the keeper knew that)….weirdly Jota seemed the least clinical…and Nunez seemed the hit the ball with much more accurate power…

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robertson, Gravenberch, Mac Allister, Salah, Szoboszlai, Diaz, Jota

Come on you Redmen!
I can't wait - so excited with each passing minute I keep upgrading my expected score to something like 7-0 to Liverpool. Just imagine a Klopp team from last season that can defend and finish chances - and we have Slot Ball - its happening baby !!!! COME ON YOU RED MEN !!!!

Do I not understand the rules? There was a clear stoppage in play, yet Robbo still wasn't allowed back on, what's that about?

Back
Top Bottom