• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lassana Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmishra

Very Well-Known
Harry Redknapp has made a move to sign Lassana Diarra from Real Madrid and talks with the midfielder are believed to be progressing positively.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager signed Diarra for £5.5m in January 2008 when he was in charge at Portsmouth and, 12 months later, the France international joined Real for £20m. Redknapp continues to rate Diarra not only as one of his best ever pieces of business but as a high-quality player and, having failed in his attempt to bolster his midfield options with the £7m bid for the West Ham United captain Scott Parker, he has turned to Diarra – who could follow William Gallas in playing for Chelsea, Arsenal and now Spurs.

Real do not want to loan the 25-year-old and his value as a permanent transfer would be in the region of £10m. Although that would represent a loss to the Spanish club, the president, Florentino Pérez, could attribute it to the previous regime.

José Mourinho, the Real manager, who signed Diarra for £1m from Le Havre when he was at Chelsea and then sold him to Arsenal for £2m, has to trim his squad to 25 senior players to comply with the regulations. At present, his new midfield signing Mesut Ozil, who has joined for £12.4m from Werder Bremen, does not have a recognised squad number and so Mourinho must lose at least one of the players who currently occupy the numbers one to 25. Ozil was forced to wear No26 in a pre-season friendly.

The players who are most vulnerable are the two Diarras – Lassana and Alou – Rafael van der Vaart, Fernando Gago and Royston Drenthe but Mourinho has come to appreciate Lassana Diarra's versatility in pre-season, when he has filled in successfully at right-back. Diarra, though, knows that Mourinho is blessed with an abundance of midfield options and he fears that his starting opportunities will be limited.

Tottenham have attempted to sign Diarra on previous occasions – ironically, they lost out to Redknapp in January 2008, when Arsenal made it clear that they would not sell to their neighbours. Redknapp has signed the Brazil midfielder Sandro from Internacional for £6m – he arrives later this week, having been crowned as a Copa Libertadores champion – but Redknapp is always on the lookout for players that he thinks can improve his squad.

Diarra is one and Gallas is another. The central defender, who has joined on a one-year contract, warmed up with his new team-mates for the first timethis morning yesterday, before he broke away to work on his own fitness programme.

He's the only available Mascherano replacement. We MUST make a move for him. This is the one possibility of salvaging our season and challenging for 4th. Do what you can, scramble together a bid with the Mascherano money or try and get him on loan.

He'll go to Spurs.

We'll go after the other Diarra who has been told he can go on a free.

[That's if we go for any of them.]

He bought Poulsen for exactly this role and chose to use Lucas, who is useless. Watching that first goal and seeing what he was doing as the play was building up makes me fume. I have never seen a player trying to hide as blatantly as he has. I have not seen one moment where he has made me think he is a good enough footballer to start for any premiership team. He is a passenger. I thought he could do a job as a Squad player, but fuck me we are in dire shape if we have to rely on this fella....

Can't see Spurs moving for him tbh.
They have Sandro, Palacios, Jenas, Huddleston, Modric and Krancjar who can play in the middle. They don't need him.

We on the other hand HAVE to make a move for him.

If/when Mascherano leaves I´d be happy to replace him with L.Diarra as he´s a better overall footballer than Masch.

Mamadouh was excellent for Lyon and very good for Real for two seasons. After his knee injury he lost his starting place. But he's a very good footballer.

If we can get him on a free, then yes. If we can use the Masch money get Lassana.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41562.msg1160599#msg1160599 date=1282632433]
Can't see Spurs moving for him tbh.
They have Sandro, Palacios, Jenas, Huddleston, Modric and Krancjar who can play in the middle. They don't need him.

We on the other hand HAVE to make a move for him.
[/quote]

But they have Arry Redknapp as manager. He has to buy someone. He just has to buy someone, dont matter who!

But they have Arry Redknapp as manager. He has to buy someone. He just has to buy someone, dont matter who!

The twitching, wobbly-faced old cunt will probably be down to "the bare bones" any time now.

Christ, I hope Inter fucking *batter* them.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=41562.msg1210099#msg1210099 date=1288701132]

The twitching, wobbly-faced old cunt will probably be down to "the bare bones" any time now.

Christ, I hope Inter fucking *batter* them.
[/quote]Me too.
'Yeah yeah squads owwkay we probly need anovva capple but were owwkay, maybe a new striker in january but vats it, and a capple of centre backs, we need best paart of a new squad to compete but were owwkay'
wobble wibble woblle

I fink...we're abaht, y'know, mebbe two top playas shawt of a really really top side, y'know?

Yeah? Well I think you're about two twitches a minute short of having fucking PARKINSON'S

Why would they need Diarra?

They've already got Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, and Sandro for that holding role.

Admittedly Jenas is balls, but why would he need anymore? He's already kept Palacioson the bench for most of this season too.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=41562.msg1210452#msg1210452 date=1288734728]

They've already got Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, and Sandro for that holding role.

Admittedly Jenas is balls, but why would he need anymore? He's already kept Palacioson the bench for most of this season too.
[/quote]

I think he'd still take him Ryan and ship one of the others out. Isn't Huddlestone being linked with United?

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=41562.msg1210456#msg1210456 date=1288734986]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=41562.msg1210452#msg1210452 date=1288734728]

[/quote]

I think he'd still take him Ryan and ship one of the others out. Isn't Huddlestone being linked with United?
[/quote]

I'd be stunned if he sold Huddlestone Mark.

He might sell Palacios, or Sandro depending on whether he fits in or not. Actually he'll sell Jenas cos he's shite.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41562.msg1210458#msg1210458 date=1288735112]
I don't think Spurs will finish in the top 4 this season tbh.
[/quote]

They've a better chance than us.

Although I think the excitement of a good run in Europe may not help them regarding the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom