• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Girondins de Bordeaux

Not bad. I saw us win there under Rafa, with Crouch scoring The only goal.

Nice away trip. Met some good lads. A mate got sucked off in an alley, and an irish lad we shared rooom with never paid his share.
Paddy, up to his old tricks.

Paddy, up to his old tricks.
Ha!
The two Scousers I met there were great lads. Fraser and Stevie. Met up in Liverpool and went for drinks and The game. Lost touch with them sadly. I think they used to drink in The Sandon.

The lizards are purchasing an entire football club to get Michael Edwards out of bed in the morning. In comparison, my work incentives are to be allowed to enter a raffle in the hope of winning tickets to Scouse Jack and the Beanstalk.

And that is why I drink.

Your tastebuds were melted by inferior Tayto years ago.

The stuff you see on the shelves over there - yeah… that’s shit.

The stuff we keep to drink ourselves… yuuuuum!!!
I must confess, I’ve never knowingly eaten a pack of Taytos.

Didn't Smicer play for them?

I think he went there after leaving us. I saw them play St.Etienne at home once years before, when I spent the Easter hols in Bordeaux before taking French A level that summer. Grotty stadium but good atmosphere despite St.Etienne winning easily (Dominique Rocheteau got both their goals).

By an incredible stroke of luck the examiner for A level spoken French for our school that year turned out to have spent Easter in Bordeaux before his A level too, so after the statutory 7 minutes in French he kept me in there for another quarter of an hour chatting in English about the place (those who came after me were quite worried when I finally left). Happy days. 🙂

I can just see this new club shopping thing now becoming central focus above squad upgrade as per our sale plans two seasons ago, I hope we have learnt from that and is not the case.

I can just see this new club shopping thing now becoming central focus above squad upgrade as per our sale plans two seasons ago, I hope we have learnt from that and is not the case.

Let’s hope the with the salary FSG are paying Edwards, he can multitask.

Anyone know what the price is they're paying for tier 2 French club?

Apparently, the Club is going for peanuts (unless their owner gets greedy again) But just to pay off existing debt (€50 million) and minimum operating costs for the upcoming season will bring the cost to €80million.

Bordeaux rent their beautiful stadium from the City(€3.8m a year), as well as the training ground, and their wage bill is 125 per cent of their annual turnover.

Back
Top Bottom