• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafa and Xabi

I listened to it today while working.

Fucking loved Rafa during his time here.

Really interesting stuff for the most part, quite funny as well.

Hope he gets his chance back in the premier league, I think his time and style has passed but it would be good to see him back.

The most striking error in the entire piece is when he described Harry Kewell as having speed.

It's Benitez all over, so many little details, a lot of sense, but he's too defensive, not tactically, but personally. Carragher clearly just thinks he made the wrong starting line up, Benitez refers to having courage and finding solutions. Benitez responds to the "facts" rant in the exact same way it was originally delivered. It's why he has the reputation of being stubborn.

Still love him.

Clearly he f-ed up with the first half team. But even now, Rafa couldn't accept it. He was amazing for us, but always with the excuses and over explanations

Typical Rafa. Nothing was his fault,, he would have won multiple leagues wherever he went but clubs fucked him over blah blah.
No mention of the repeated fails he made in the market wasting fortunes on dross. Napoli, Inter, Real, Newcastle all fucked up by the club not him.

Its why I hated him then and hate him now. Shite manager

Typical Rafa. Nothing was his fault,, he would have won multiple leagues wherever he went but clubs fucked him over blah blah.
No mention of the repeated fails he made in the market wasting fortunes on dross. Napoli, Inter, Real, Newcastle all fucked up by the club not him.

Its why I hated him then and hate him now. Shite manager

He's flawed, and I wouldn't want to hire him, but I think it's a little silly to hate him, especially now.

We weren't set up to win a title. I don't think we are now, either, but compared to the larger scale things happening with the club at the end of Rafa's time, I think the Alonso's and Aquilanis are insignificant footnotes. Thankfully the same even the goes for the Harry kewells and Hammans at half time.

He definitely wasn't shite. I agree with the idea that he could have been a good international team manager. I don't know whether he's been left behind tactically though at this point.

I listened to it today while working.

Fucking loved Rafa during his time here.

Really interesting stuff for the most part, quite funny as well.

Hope he gets his chance back in the premier league, I think his time and style has passed but it would be good to see him back.

Not sure what kind of club would take him these days to be honest.

The big clubs wouldn’t be going for him and if the smaller clubs had enough money to appoint him (remember, he would definitely moan about not having enough money) they would probably hire someone better.

He was one of the best manager's we had in decades until Kloppo. Wouldn't want him back. And yes so many excuses.

But still, him and Houllier got us some great times

How would you rank our managers since King Kenny? For me it's

1. Klopp
2. Rafa
3. Houllier
4. Souness
6. Rodgers
7 Evans
8. Thommo
1,095th - Hodgson

1. Klopp
2. Rafa
3. Houllier
4. Souness
6. Rodgers
7 Evans
8. Thommo
1,095th - Hodgson

Personally I guess it would be Klopp, Houllier, Benitez, Evans then I can't quite decide between Rodgers and Souness.

I wouldn't include Thompson and there isn't a place low enough for Hodgson.

He has a point when he lists some or the players he might have signed if he'd had that bit of extra cash most LFC managers have had. Alves, Ramsey, Bale, Jovetic etc. It might have been the difference.

I have to say, though, that I find him hard to listen to. He simply never answers a question. I'm not even sure he knows how. He just starts speaking basically at random. It would drive me crazy if I was interviewing him.

Personally I guess it would be Klopp, Houllier, Benitez, Evans then I can't quite decide between Rodgers and Souness.

I wouldn't include Thompson and there isn't a place low enough for Hodgson.

Rodgers has to be above Souness. Souness was a wrecking ball. Rodgers had that one great season. On the budget he had he really had no right challenging for the title like that, even with Suarez.

He's flawed, and I wouldn't want to hire him, but I think it's a little silly to hate him, especially now.

We weren't set up to win a title. I don't think we are now, either, but compared to the larger scale things happening with the club at the end of Rafa's time, I think the Alonso's and Aquilanis are insignificant footnotes. Thankfully the same even the goes for the Harry kewells and Hammans at half time.

He definitely wasn't shite. I agree with the idea that he could have been a good international team manager. I don't know whether he's been left behind tactically though at this point.
Probably is silly. Still do though. He spent best part of a quarter of a billion pounds and 90% of the players he signed didnt improve us. Morientes 5m Babel 11m, Dossena 7m, Keane 19m, Riera 8m, Benayoun 5m, Crouch 11m those fees were huge back then.

I totally dont blame him for the end of his tenure he was fucked by the owners, but 2005-2009 he spent loads on shit players and blames everyone but him for not getting a tune out of them.

I also just didnt like HIM. Cold, aloof etc. Its why im going to struggle with Slot.

Anyway. Its the past. Im sure his millions in the bank mean more than poster #6637 thoughts.

1. Klopp
2. Rafa
3. Houllier
4. Souness
6. Rodgers
7 Evans
8. Thommo
1,095th - Hodgson
Klopp
Houllier (never gets appreciation for the job he had to do, our club was a disaster)
Rodgers just
Rafa
Evans
Souness

Rodgers has to be above Souness. Souness was a wrecking ball. Rodgers had that one great season. On the budget he had he really had no right challenging for the title like that, even with Suarez.

Yes, I know you are right, but the end Rodgers' time just seemed so bleak.

I know the Souness days were pretty dire but he was actually trying to do the right things, he just lacked the ability and personality to do them properly.

And some of his signings and young players he brought through did go on to be good.

Yes, I know you are right, but the end Rodgers' time just seemed so bleak.

I know the Souness days were pretty dire but he was actually trying to do the right things, he just lacked the ability and personality to do them properly.

And some of his signings and young players he brought through did go on to be good.

Can't even remember his young signings tbh, apart from Rob Jones, who was obviously good, albeit not much use cos of his injuries.

I mainly just remember him signing dross like Ruddock, Walters, Piechnik, Bjornebye etc, or at least players who really were already too old: Saunders, Wright, Stewart. I can't actually think of a single big signing he got right.

I think oncy is stubbornly harboring well remembered and detailed resentments for Rafa and ignoring the bigger picture. In many ways it's an homage.
It is stubborn and irrational. I make no apologies. I just didnt like him, the attitude, the football, the drama, the pig headedness, the signings, the arrogance. And then he went to fucking Chelsea and Everton.

Fat nonce

I liked Rafa. He brought us a shiny trophy and a beautiful specimen in Torres. I like shiny beautiful things.

The negatives were his final years and giving us a moment which this place is named after. Without him we may never have come this far as a forum. The cunt.

Can't even remember his young signings tbh, apart from Rob Jones, who was obviously good, albeit not much use cos of his injuries.

I mainly just remember him signing dross like Ruddock, Walters, Piechnik, Bjornebye etc, or at least players who really were already too old: Saunders, Wright, Stewart. I can't actually think of a single big signing he got right.
Istvan fucking Kosma

He always did get conversation going in fairness.
SUFYFHHO3RM2NO6KYLWZ3AVLMM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom