• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

I hate that shit when your friends try to hold you back but end up just restraining your ability to fight . . and you end up getting hit because of it. Just fucking let him fight.

It's just stupid. No disrespect for him for defending his family if that's indeed what happened but there are enough people around to get a hold of him and drag him away from the mob.

He didn't need to go into the crowd to protect his family.

If his family was being threatened it didn't need him to do that.

He's a complete idiot man. Sell. PLEASE

He'll never get to the next level. And now he's going to get banned - what a tool.

Probably one of the worst signings we've made in recent times.

Backing Nunez 100% here. Get to fuck calling him a donkey for protecting his people.
Unless there was someone holding his grandmother in a headlock just out of the camera shot, he didn't need to go all berserk. Let's see how the authorities interpret it. He seemed to be by far the most violent of all Uruguay players and seemed to swing dangerously close to a police officer's face several times – knowing American assault laws he'll be lucky not to end up in jail.

Unless there was someone holding his grandmother in a headlock just out of the camera shot, he didn't need to go all berserk. Let's see how the authorities interpret it. He seemed to be by far the most violent of all Uruguay players and seemed to swing dangerous close to a police officer's face several times – knowing American assault laws he'll be lucky not to end up in jail.
You're never a winning a fight against a crowd. He's just being an idiot. There's no defending that. Looks like an ego trip imo. They lost, he missed two big chances, he's probably more mad at himself.

You're never a winning a fight against a crowd. He's just being an idiot. There's no defending that. Looks like an ego trip imo. They lost, he missed two big chances, he's probably more mad at himself.

Yeah, exactly. This feels like the Suarez biting incident all over again. No matter what's the explanation, this could be the moment when FSG decide he's too much of a liability for their business and it's time to cut their losses. This could change all of our plans in an instant. Will the USA authorities even allow him in the country for the pre-season tour?

I picture John Henry sitting somewhere in his pajamas with Edwards and FSG's lawyers on speaker and Nunez's MMA tryout playing on a loop in the background and discussing their options. It's not going to be pretty for Darwin.

Yeah, exactly. This feels like the Suarez biting incident all over again. No matter what's the explanation, this could be the moment when FSG decide he's too much of a liability for their business and it's the time to cut their losses. This could change all of our plans in an instant.
Agreed, I think this might be it for him. Throwing punches, coming back and throwing a chair too?
He will get a long suspension.

Does he throw a chair and miss the target? Then throw a punch and misses with that?

I’ve always said he lacks the intelligence to play for us. Here’s further evidence.

Whatever your view on Darwin, I wouldnt call it an ego trip when defending your family.
Its easy to form an opinion from a few video clips but something else being out there and your family and children are being attacked.

View: https://x.com/itsExtreme_/status/1811246292229648407

Could be his Suarez moment but could also easily be viewed as fighting for your family and childrens safety. Thats not an ego trip.

A ban would be a shame. We couldn't play him for a while. Ah well I guess we’ll have to do without his chaos and “misses” for a while!

Separate issue there’s little or no separation of supporters at these games. The Americans didn’t consider any of these rivalries security risks

A ban would be a shame. We couldn't play him for a while. Ah well I guess we’ll have to do without his chaos and “misses” for a while!

Separate issue there’s little or no separation of supporters at these games. The Americans didn’t consider any of these rivalries security risks

They’re the host of a World cup in 2 years time and there were no security measures in the stands during the Copa. Dangerously pathetic set up which doesnt bode well before the WC.

Whatever your view on Darwin, I wouldnt call it an ego trip when defending your family.
Its easy to form an opinion from a few video clips but something else being out there and your family and children are being attacked.

View: https://x.com/itsExtreme_/status/1811246292229648407

Could be his Suarez moment but could also easily be viewed as fighting for your family and childrens safety. Thats not an ego trip.

Based on what I've read they weren't in the crowd when he jumped in.

This is the longest and clearest video so far (bottom right of the Tweet). You could see Darwin running from a long way away to join the melee, Diaz's shirt still in hand. It does seem like some women and children in Uruguay colours are passing from the stands onto the pitch and being pelted and attacked, so it gives credence to the argument that he was trying to defend them.

Darwin never seems to make an attempt to find his wife, so I assume he knew she was already safe at this point, but probably other players' family weren't. It's going to be complicated to determine guilt in this situation, but jumping in to protect and deescalate rather than wildly throw punches would have been 1000% better.

View: https://x.com/edflinkinp/status/1811233593898803676/video/4

This is the longest and clearest video so far. You could see Darwin running from a long way away to join the melee, Diaz's shirt still in hand. It does seem like some women and children in Uruguay colours are passing from the stands onto the pitch and being pelted and attacked, so it gives credence to the argument that he was trying to defend them.

Darwin never seems to make an attempt to find his wife, so I assume he knew she was already safe at this point, but probably other players' family weren't. It's going to be complicated to determine guilt in this situation, but jumping in to protect rather than wildly throw punches would have been 1000% better.

View: https://x.com/edflinkinp/status/1811233593898803676/video/4

I’m surprised that a nation with so strict laws and focus on security set up an arrangement like this. Should be concequences for the World cup, but the only punishment will be given to the players who stepped in. Appaz it took 10 minutes before there was enough security in place. Wouldnt want my family in the stands there.

Back
Top Bottom