• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Georgian on my mind

Have no doubts about his shot-stopping - but if other parts of his game like short passing won’t improve, passing mistakes can affect the overall confidence, like it did with Mignolet. In that regard, letting him stay at Valencia which mostly play direct football doesn’t seem logical.
I expect he will go on loan to a prem team next year anyway

Have no doubts about his shot-stopping - but if other parts of his game like short passing won’t improve, passing mistakes can affect the overall confidence, like it did with Mignolet. In that regard, letting him stay at Valencia which mostly play direct football doesn’t seem logical.

That was one of my concerns, in comparison to Kelleher. Maybe this guy is a better shot stopper - and that IS the number one requirement of the role - but if we have to change our style of play to accommodate his relative lack of skill on the ball, it may not be the upgrade we've had in mind.

Time will tell and hopefully we are working with him on a development plan in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom