• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

Ah well… ay least we’ll not have to have a weekly debate about whether he should start through the middle, since he’ll likely spend the next 12 months doing something completely different than playing football.

Poor Arne. Pre season has been all smiles and handshakes until he woke up this morning and saw the texts on his phone.

The scuffle shit could maaaaaybe let go. But he ran, grabbed a chair and tried to throw it into the fans. This is not any means of 'defending his family'. It's a violent man losing control. He's lucky the steward slapped it out his hand otherwise he could have been facing jail.

He's fucked.

They were already saved when he ran into the crowd. What was he looking to accomplish?
How do you know what he knew or didn’t know?
Not to mention the fact if my teammates and fellow countrymen were in danger all logic would go out the window and I’d be in the middle of it.
Instincts take over.
I’m shocked at the lack of empathy here. If someone had died would your view be different?

Who wouldn’t dive in when there is even a hint of one of their own being in danger.

Fuck me.

Well, that's the thing – several Uruguay players rushed in, but he seemed to be the only one who completely lost his head. Not surprisingly.
Or maybe he’s the only brave one willing to get hit to save people.

I know who id want in a fight with me.

I wonder how Klopp would have handled it – maybe his sense of loyalty to the player would have kicked in and he could try to publicly defend him and if admonishing him in private. But I doubt the new regime will find as many reasons to be loyal.
I’d be stunned if Klopp didn’t defend him

How do you know what he knew or didn’t know?
Not to mention the fact if my teammates and fellow countrymen were in danger all logic would go out the window and I’d be in the middle of it.
Instincts take over.
I’m shocked at the lack of empathy here. If someone had died would your view be different?

Who wouldn’t dive in when there is even a hint of one of their own being in danger.

Fuck me.
If you were in a pub drinking your lime and soda when a brawl breaks out, would you try to reach your family and get them out? Or grab a bar stool and launch it at those who were fighting then wade in to throw some punches?

If you were in a pub drinking your lime and soda when a brawl breaks out, would you try to reach your family and get them out? Or grab a bar stool and launch it at those who were fighting then wade in to throw some punches?
I’ve been in more fights sober defending drunk friends than I care to ever count and picking up weapons is also something I’ve seen 100 times by people trying to strike fear and drive people back. It’s a very effective technique.
It’s clear most of you have never been in a situation where a mob were looking to cause serious harm to you or those you care about.

I have been in those situations. Plenty of times.

The point is would you a) actually protect your family or b) join the mob?

We shouldn't have to learn how Nunez would react to this shambles, that's the first thing. He should be just feeling crushed by a loss and going home. People throwing shit while kids get passed onto the pitch because of entirely preventable and foreseeable circumstances, it's much more embarrassing for the organizers than anyone involved, but that's not how they'll pitch it.

Some of youse'uns need to get yourselves to church.

Stay away from the Church of the Fighting Donkey though.

I doubt we'll see him in a red shirt this year. Any ban he gets, as with the Suarez one, will likely be from all football activity.
I just hope we don't see any of the following:
- Players training in Nunez t-shirts
- Seagulls following the trawler in search of sardines
- The team struggling in his absence and the forum breaking out into "if Darwin were playing" alternative realities
The Cantona incident is relevant precedent here. And much as I despised Cantona, I had total sympathy with him until the seagulls quote, at which point I remembered he was a nob and didn't care how long he was banned for.

I wonder how Klopp would have handled it – maybe his sense of loyalty to the player would have kicked in and he could try to publicly defend him and if admonishing him in private. But I doubt the new regime will find as many reasons to be loyal.

Somewhere in a resort, Klopp wakes up, fires up his cell phone, sees text messages and social media feed bursting out, reads them, feels his blood pressure rising automatically, clutches his forehead, then remembers it is not his problem anymore,... and starts laughing uncontrollably. That big booming laugh!!!

I doubt we'll see him in a red shirt this year. Any ban he gets, as with the Suarez one, will likely be from all football activity.
I just hope we don't see any of the following:
- Players training in Nunez t-shirts
- Seagulls following the trawler in search of sardines
- The team struggling in his absence and the forum breaking out into "if Darwin were playing" alternative realities
The Cantona incident is relevant precedent here. And much as I despised Cantona, I had total sympathy with him until the seagulls quote, at which point I remembered he was a nob and didn't care how long he was banned for.

The difference is that its a CONMEBOL issue and a potential FIFA issue. It could be just an international ban, if given, from what I read so far by journos.

If he's banned for a year or whatever I think we should experiment with cryogenic storage so he doesnt age. It's highly likely that the procedure will fail and he'll die but it's all in the name of progress and it would be worth the risk.

It would be far too convenient if he was banned from internationals and was able to rest every international break

angry let me love you GIF

Back
Top Bottom