• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

Suarez was playing in the world cup when he got his ban. It applies globally.

The circumstances arent the same though, and it was FIFA who banned him for 4 months as it was «their» tournament.

Nobody knows what FIFA will do yet.

For relevance the West Ham players escaped punishment for the same type of trouble in the Conference league.

I don't blame him in the slightest. Its all good saying he shouldn't have done that and being all logical when its not our family that is the one being attacked.. If it was my family i'd be out for blood as well.

The thing is his family had got out. He was just going into the crowd for a bit of retaliation in a fight at the end. That’s my understanding of it - and professional footballers shouldn’t be doing that. Now he’s risked an international ban - if not more.

But the west ham example might be something that gets him off for sure.

Are you actually serious? Have you ever had anyone in your family attacked?
Oh ya someone else can save them.

Fucking hell.

Yeah of course. But apparently his family and other peoples too were safe at the point he decided to throw a chair and then climb a wall into the crowd to get a little retaliation.

Let’s say he escapes a ban by some miracle. Will the club just continue as if nothing happened? Will they trust him enough to keep building the team around him, betting that he can keep his emotions in check?

I think this is the end of his long term Liverpool career, ban or no ban, and rightly so. Just to much hassle and chaos.

Fwiw, he didnt throw the chair. If he did he would be really fucked.

I think this is the end of his long term Liverpool career, ban or no ban, and rightly so. Just to much hassle and chaos.

Fwiw, he didnt throw the chair. If he did he would be really fucked.

He did, just not at anyone.

At that stage he wasn't 'protecting his family' but more likely throwing fuel on the fire. Moron.

Let’s say he escapes a ban by some miracle. Will the club just continue as if nothing happened? Will they trust him enough to keep building the team around him, betting that he can keep his emotions in check?

Build the team around him!! I damn well hope not.

Buy a second striker just to tell him to stay onside, a defensive midfielder to win the ball back every time he miscontrols it, a bunch of subs to surround the pitch and stop him from attacking the crowd... absolute halfwit.

How do you know what he knew or didn’t know?
Not to mention the fact if my teammates and fellow countrymen were in danger all logic would go out the window and I’d be in the middle of it.
Instincts take over.
I’m shocked at the lack of empathy here. If someone had died would your view be different?

Who wouldn’t dive in when there is even a hint of one of their own being in danger.

Fuck me.
You shouldn't be shocked. The hate for Nunez and Diaz is very real on this forum so it's natural that the usual suspects are going to throw rocks at every opportunity - and this is a big one.

I'm not sure how to react because I don't have enough information yet. Protecting your family? I'd be in there throwing punches. But there seems more to it - it looks like Nunez just lost it and blew a fuse, maybe because families were involved but it is still not a good look. I want more information and to hear all points of view.

I'm not sure if this has been posted here but it clearly shows that Nunez had no reason to jump into the crowd. At that point it was just retaliation if anything:

View: https://x.com/sammyX39/status/1811224311220326487

Look at this second video.
There doesn’t seem to be any families in danger
Plus - and this is a new piece - security / police are there (in dark clothing - some caps) trying to break it up and stop Darwin from escalating. He’s punching away and security is trying to stop it. That isn’t a “my family is in danger” type situation.

Look above it and you’ll see a Colombian shirted guy getting pummeled by some Uruguayan fans and a Uruguayan lady helps him get out.

What happened here is that Uruguay lost a Copa America semi final, Nunez missed two chances to score for them and as part of his anger he made a grand gesture to win the fans over by launching some punches at the opposition fans.

How do you know what he knew or didn’t know?
Not to mention the fact if my teammates and fellow countrymen were in danger all logic would go out the window and I’d be in the middle of it.
Instincts take over.
I’m shocked at the lack of empathy here. If someone had died would your view be different?

Who wouldn’t dive in when there is even a hint of one of their own being in danger.

Fuck me.
It's quite clear from the videos that his family had already made it to the pitch.

We're talking about a 24 year old person with a family and a career. He's in the public eye and he's a role model too.
I had none of that but I still realised at that age that my actions had consequences.

If Darwin was intent on "protecting" someone he could have dragged some of his friends or teammates out of there.

What happened here is that Uruguay lost a Copa America semi final, Nunez missed two chances to score for them and as part of his anger he made a grand gesture to win the fans over by launching some punches at the opposition fans.
Spot on

And the other Uruguayan players were just helping him? Were the families and children part of this grand gesture?

Back
Top Bottom