• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

M
Add Konchesky to cunts. We also had Balotelli at LFC which to this day still doesn’t seem real.
Maybe a new hateful category to include could be - Pure Shite: Lazar Markovic, Paul Konchesky, Christian Poulsen, Milan Jovanovic (basically everyone recruited by Roy Hodgson) - I hated them because they were never good enough to have worn the shirt.

If a player works his arse off but just isn’t good enough then I can’t find it in myself to hate him, I blame whoever signed him. The one who immediately springs to mind, blast from the past, Oyvind Leonhardsen. Not good enough, but a good pro who never said a bad word about the club. More recently, and I feel like I may be summoning Candyman here, Lucas.
But if the player’s not good enough and has an attitude problem and/or is lazy / fat, then there’s no defending him. That’s why I couldn’t stand Charlie Adam, Ryan Babel etc. And for all the reasons to hate Diouf, he did have a period when he worked his nuts off on the right wing. It wasn’t until he left and revealed himself to be a spiteful twat that I found myself hating him.

Did people really dislike Adam?
I didn't like him but I didn't think LFC fans in general did?

I didn't have a particularly personal dislike of him other than thinking he wasn't good enough. But I seem to recall him getting a slagging on here.

If a player works his arse off but just isn’t good enough then I can’t find it in myself to hate him, I blame whoever signed him. The one who immediately springs to mind, blast from the past, Oyvind Leonhardsen. Not good enough, but a good pro who never said a bad word about the club. More recently, and I feel like I may be summoning Candyman here, Lucas.
But if the player’s not good enough and has an attitude problem and/or is lazy / fat, then there’s no defending him. That’s why I couldn’t stand Charlie Adam, Ryan Babel etc. And for all the reasons to hate Diouf, he did have a period when he worked his nuts off on the right wing. It wasn’t until he left and revealed himself to be a spiteful twat that I found myself hating him.

Bit harsh on Babel - hasn’t he been very pro-Liverpool since he left - he just wasn’t good enough… although he did also give us the Babelcopter for which he deserves our love.

Cisse was a bit of a cock too.

Where does Sean Dundee fit in?

Bit harsh on Babel - hasn’t he been very pro-Liverpool since he left - he just wasn’t good enough… although he did also give us the Babelcopter for which he deserves our love.

Cisse was a bit of a cock too.

Where does Sean Dundee fit in?
Babel was good enough, or he would have been if he'd been remotely arsed. Infuriating player for me, all that ability and no application. I always thought at the time that if you had taken his innate talent / physicality and Dirk Kuyt's application, you'd have had a ballon d'or winner.
Cisse was a tricky one. He put in the effort, but was also a bit of a dick. On balance, he gets a pass from me and was probably just not good enough for the level he was expected to play at.
Dundee falls into the Leonharsen camp - not remotely good enough and should never have been signed. That was on the club, not him.

Cisse was dead to me the moment he assaulted his pregnant wife. He also physically assaulted a 15 old boy in the park a few weeks before. It's easy for your mind to jump to the worst case scenarios with that information, but even in the best possible scenario it demonstrates he's clearly unhinged.

He tried hard on the pitch but never in terms of his development. He never mastered breaking the offside trap, nor a finish that was anything other than head down and blast it, more in hope than expectation. Cisse has all the physical attributes to shine in the PL, but never accepted the learning and development needed after his time in France. In his head he thought he was the finished article at 22. You could say the same applies to Babel for some of this, too. Both of their post LFC careers were unremarkable.

Cisse was dead to me the moment he assaulted his pregnant wife. He also physically assaulted a 15 old boy in the park a few weeks before. It's easy for your mind to jump to the worst case scenarios with that information, but even in the best possible scenario it demonstrates he's clearly unhinged.

He tried hard on the pitch but never in terms of his development. He never mastered breaking the offside trap, not a finish that was anything other than head down and blast it in hope more than expectation. He has all the physical attributes to shine in the PL, but never accepted the learning and development needed after his time in France. In his head I think he thought he was the finished article at 22. You could say the same applies to Babel for some of this, too. Both of their post LFC careers were unremarkable.
This part applies to Nunez too.

Remember Antonio Núñez? 8M plus Nunez for Michael Owen was worse business than Darwin Nunez's transfer.
Was that more down to Owen not signing a new contract and didn’t want to turn down Madrid? We would’ve lost him for nothing and probably wouldn’t have won number 5.

Was that more down to Owen not signing a new contract and didn’t want to turn down Madrid? We would’ve lost him for nothing and probably wouldn’t have won number 5.
Number 5, maybe so. And who knows, we were so skint that 8M allowed us to get one of Alonso or Garcia.
Still a horrible deal and I'd rather have had Owen playing for another year and lose him for free. He'd certainly have scored more goals than Baros and Cisse. But then that might now have been enough for number 5.
Did Nunez even get a game in the CL? Can't remember..

Number 5, maybe so. And who knows, we were so skint that 8M allowed us to get one of Alonso or Garcia.
Still a horrible deal and I'd rather have had Owen playing for another year and lose him for free. He'd certainly have scored more goals than Baros and Cisse. But then that might now have been enough for number 5.
Did Nunez even get a game in the CL? Can't remember..
He came on in the semi against Chelsea. I remember him getting the ball and running towards the right corner flag in the final minute.

and he got fined for calling howard webb a manc

He's in the shelvey circle of "is right lad"

Babel was good enough, or he would have been if he'd been remotely arsed. Infuriating player for me, all that ability and no application. I always thought at the time that if you had taken his innate talent / physicality and Dirk Kuyt's application, you'd have had a ballon d'or winner.
Cisse was a tricky one. He put in the effort, but was also a bit of a dick. On balance, he gets a pass from me and was probably just not good enough for the level he was expected to play at.
Dundee falls into the Leonharsen camp - not remotely good enough and should never have been signed. That was on the club, not him.

I'd have Owen sent back in time as the ghost of striker future to motivate Fowler further, then hope Owen gets caught in one of those temporal paradox things from star trek. It took Picard et al the best part of 40 minutes so Owen is fucked.

Cunts: Itandje, Diouf

Sick notes: Naby, Thiago, Kewell, Aquilani

Morons: Carroll, Darwin, Moreno

Wantaways: Owen, McManaman, Coutinho, Mascherano, Sterling, Torres
Where does Lucas fit in?

Sure Darwin is approaching Lucas levels of polarizing opinions and / or hate

Where does Lucas fit in?

"Pet peeve passengers" maybe?
Or just "passengers"
Or "solid 6 players"

My list:

Rudduck, Kvarme, Carragher, Riise, Hendo, Adam, Downing, Lallana

"Pet peeve passengers" maybe?
Or just "passengers"
Or "solid 6 players"

My list:

Rudduck, Kvarme, Carragher, Riise, Hendo, Adam, Downing, Lallana
For me "Divisive" ticks the box. However there's no debate to be had over a few in that list

Carra isn't divisive. Its 99% of Liverpool fans against modo

Where does Lucas fit in?

Not in a list of cunts. Quality human and servant to the club. Tops on a list of divisive players, perhaps but doesn't belong anywhere in a conversation about cunts.

The fact that we had to suffer with him in our midfield for so long? Unluckeeeeee.....

Back
Top Bottom