• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

Some new footage here. Madness, but shows there was a lot of security around. In these situations, you want individuals calming it down, not amping it up

i am all for banning Nunez from international games, I just don't give a sh1t about Uruguay. if someone offers £70m, I would sell Diaz otherwise keep. i am not worried about goals.
We scored plenty of goals last season but then gave away the lead all too often. Not sure why we playing a high line when we are ahead. I would like us to close shop when we are ahead

Everyone is blaming the organizers. I lived in Charlotte for a couple of years and have watched multiple games in that stadium. Charlotte is a really cool underrated town. I have always enjoyed my experience in that stadium. Always felt safe, felt things were well organized. So surprised this happened.

Everyone is blaming the organizers. I lived in Charlotte for a couple of years and have watched multiple games in that stadium. Charlotte is a really cool underrated town. I have always enjoyed my experience in that stadium. Always felt safe, felt things were well organized. So surprised this happened.

Was thinking that maybe they underestimated what could happen? Given that this doesnt happen much in the national sports?

Was thinking that maybe they underestimated what could happen? Given that this doesnt happen much in the national sports?
During the games I watched, at the end of the game, I saw a lot of security outside, directing us to the various parking lots and helping manage the traffic. Maybe a majority of them were all outside helping control the crowd?

Americans don't have that tribal enmity between sets of supporters though ... and nothing in any sport even close to the level of South Americans!

I love all this bollox coming out - remember the final of the last Euro in England, where fans kicked off ? I think even the Royals were in danger that day. Let's not all act surprised.

There are no immediate suspensions, so these players can participate in the match against Canada on Saturday. Any penalties will apply to the 2026 Qualifiers, beginning in September when Uruguay faces Paraguay at home and then visits Venezuela.

View: https://x.com/FavianRenkel/status/1811614013631135986

Sounds like it only applies to International football - amazing escape if true!

On a related note, can Trent and Gomez also twat someone on international duty?

Sounds like it only applies to International football - amazing escape if true!

On a related note, can Trent and Gomez also twat someone on international duty?
WIth our luck...

Núñez is facing the prospect of a suspension issued by organisers CONMEBOL, the South American Confederation, which could extend to club football if world governing body FIFA decides to intervene should CONMEBOL apply any sanction.

Yeah of course. But apparently his family and other peoples too were safe at the point he decided to throw a chair and then climb a wall into the crowd to get a little retaliation.
Ya if everyone was safe it’s a little different but I’d be diving in first and asking questions later if there was even a small chance one of my own were in trouble.

I find it really hard to be angry here, regardless of his intelligence or footballing ability.

Ugly scenes regardless.

You shouldn't be shocked. The hate for Nunez and Diaz is very real on this forum so it's natural that the usual suspects are going to throw rocks at every opportunity - and this is a big one.

I'm not sure how to react because I don't have enough information yet. Protecting your family? I'd be in there throwing punches. But there seems more to it - it looks like Nunez just lost it and blew a fuse, maybe because families were involved but it is still not a good look. I want more information and to hear all points of view.
Fair, I guess my initial response is one of sympathy unless the evidence clearer shows the opposite vs how many have reacted.

We should know our Darwin by now, he is always the most passionate of all and always in the midst of all chaos. One thing for sure he never went in that crowd to fight anybody but rather to push the Colombian fans further away from the families. Expect him to be in the front line fighting for his cause, and here he was stopping the fans from advancing towards the pitch. He did his duties in a situation that had potential to escalate and harm his people. Yes he grabbed that chair not to hurt anyone, for thats not in him, he simply raised it up to scare the mob away. He had all the opportunity to launch it forward but he didn't and it was not because he was restrained. Yes he punched a fan but not with intent to harm, more to back him off, he got punched as well, it happens all the time in a situation like that.
To suggest that's the end of him, he will get a hefty ban, it's way too chaotic to go that far. I think the club should stand tight behind him. If we want to replace him with another striker, let's do that but not because of this fracas.

Back
Top Bottom