• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fighting donkey

I love that Nunez is clutching on to a shirt he has swapped at FT (probably Diaz's?) whilst trying to launch some haymakers at the Columbia fans.

He didn't need to go into the crowd to protect his family.

If his family was being threatened it didn't need him to do that.

He's a complete idiot man. Sell. PLEASE

He'll never get to the next level. And now he's going to get banned - what a tool.

Probably one of the worst signings we've made in recent times.
Are you actually serious? Have you ever had anyone in your family attacked?
Oh ya someone else can save them.

Fucking hell.

If he gets a ban I think we'll sell him at whatever price we can get as a convenient way to get him off the books.

Yeah, a lengthy ban will be the end of his Liverpool career, and rightly so.

There are some awful takes in this thread, but the one thing that sticks out as stupidity from Darwin is that video of the potential chair throwing. Thats not a good look, and beyond stupid. Could be a ban for that at least. Doubt we’ll get much money.

Are you actually serious? Have you ever had anyone in your family attacked?
Oh ya someone else can save them.

Fucking hell.

Yeah, I think most would do the same as the Uruguayan players. Not everyone but most.

Jose Maria Gimenez [URU Captain]:"Colombian fans in a certain section descended on all our families. They won’t let us speak on the microphone. This is a disaster, our families were in dangers. We had to rush into the stands to remove our loved ones with tiny newborn babies.”

There are some awful takes in this thread, but the one thing that sticks out as stupidity from Darwin is that video of the potential chair throwing. Thats not a good look, and beyond stupid. Could be a ban for that at least. Doubt we’ll get much money.
Yep, there's no defending that.

If you are trying to protect your family you go find them and make a passage for them to get out. You don’t make a crap attempt to throw a chair then throw haymakers when covered in beer.

He has the emotional intelligence of a three year old. That was clear when he got sent off on his home debut. Things haven’t changed.

Well, that's the thing – several Uruguay players rushed in, but he seemed to be the only one who completely lost his head. Not surprisingly.

If you are trying to protect your family you go find them and make a passage for them to get out. You don’t make a crap attempt to throw a chair then throw haymakers when covered in beer.

He has the emotional intelligence of a three year old. That was clear when he got sent off on his home debut. Things haven’t changed.
He's lucky that the security guard managed to get a hand on that chair. If it connected, whatever ban he is going to get, would be a whole lot longer.

i can’t be arsed with Darwin, at least Suarez was worth it

that being said i think he gets a bit of a break on running into the crowd if families genuinely were in trouble but as ever he doesn’t go about things the best way and he’s as deadly with a chair as he is with a ball 😂

I wonder how Klopp would have handled it – maybe his sense of loyalty to the player would have kicked in and he could try to publicly defend him and if admonishing him in private. But I doubt the new regime will find as many reasons to be loyal.

Well, that's the thing – several Uruguay players rushed in, but he seemed to be the only one who completely lost his head. Not surprisingly.

Indeed, and although difficult to understand the situation its not a good look to go back after the families are safe.

If we’re honest his Liverpool career is over the moment a lengthy ban is confirmed.

I think from the fighting donkey and bitey biteuarez we can all agree that Uruguayans are maniacs.

Well one of them was so good even racism didn't deter us from defending him.
Can't say I've crossed that bridge with Nunez yet.

Indeed, and although difficult to understand the situation its not a good look to go back after the families are safe.

If we’re honest his Liverpool career is over the moment a lengthy ban is confirmed.

The last video I posted kind of altered my view of the situation – it does seem that he is trying to push back the Colombia fans just as some women and children from the Uruguay section are trying to get to safety – I'm sure in his mind he did what needed to be done. And he was quite effective at it, to be honest!

But this is another reason why his LFC career might be over already – if he thinks he's in the right, he will feel betrayed by any response from the club that's not a full-throated support and he clearly won't get it. If the club tries to make him apologize to reduce the length of the ban, he will come back a shadow of the player he was, with no confidence or passion.

Imagine being the member of staff at the club that has responsibility for managing this. You wake up and see a load of texts about one of your staff getting involved in fighting a hoard of Colombians. Funny thought.

Anyway, he's a ballbag and always has been. It comes with moments that show what he could be, but generally he's too daft to make it. The problem is that everyone know this and we are going to struggle to move him on and recover much of what we paid.

A shadow of a steaming turd?
arsenio-hall-coming-to-america.gif

The last video I posted kind of altered my view of the situation – it does seem that he is trying to push back the Colombia fans just as some women and children from the Uruguay section are trying to get to safety – I'm sure in his mind he did what needed to be done. And he was quite effective at it, to be honest!

But this is another reason why his LFC career might be over already – if he thinks he's in the right, he will feel betrayed by any response from the club that's not a full-throated support and he clearly won't get it. If the club tries to make him apologize to reduce the length of the ban, he will come back a shadow of the player he was, with no confidence or passion.

Here’s a thought. What if everyone wear Free Darwin t-shirts in our first pre season friendly?

Jokes aside. Who will want to buy him?
We won't get our money back, but he's a still young-ish striker. It depends on the length and severity of the incoming ban imo. I think a lot of teams in Spain would take him. With his size and pace he'd bully defenders in La Liga.
Might be able to pull off a swap maybe?

I don't blame him in the slightest. Its all good saying he shouldn't have done that and being all logical when its not our family that is the one being attacked.. If it was my family i'd be out for blood as well.

Agreed. Its just the chair part that is stupid imho. The rest I can totally see why he did it. Everyone would jump in to save your and other players family.

I think from the fighting donkey and bitey biteuarez we can all agree that Uruguayans are maniacs.

#AnnounceUgarte

It's a bit of crowd trouble is all it is, to south Americans that was a pillow fight. Slap on the wrist, 50k fine and 4 game international ban. Move the fuck on and let's all stop being bedwetters.

This is the longest and clearest video so far (bottom right of the Tweet). You could see Darwin running from a long way away to join the melee, Diaz's shirt still in hand. It does seem like some women and children in Uruguay colours are passing from the stands onto the pitch and being pelted and attacked, so it gives credence to the argument that he was trying to defend them.

Darwin never seems to make an attempt to find his wife, so I assume he knew she was already safe at this point, but probably other players' family weren't. It's going to be complicated to determine guilt in this situation, but jumping in to protect and deescalate rather than wildly throw punches would have been 1000% better.

View: https://x.com/edflinkinp/status/1811233593898803676/video/4

That's a unique way to defend your family : "we had to fart into the stands "

Back
Top Bottom