• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Georgian on my mind

His agent arriving for talks. Valencia looking at €40m incl. add ons.

View: https://x.com/Generaldepie_/status/1823347095866167605

======

How's his passing? Composure with the ball at his feet when pressed?

Dated 9 Jul 2024
Giorgi Mamardashvili: After Euro 2024 heroics, does a big transfer beckon for Georgia keeper?

Under Gennaro Gattuso, the former AC Milan midfielder and Mamardashvili’s second of four permanent managers since joining Valencia, he was encouraged to play out more from the back. A midfielder would often drop in between the centre-backs to receive the ball from the Georgian.

This helped him to work on his distribution, but it remains the part of his game that requires the most improvement. He can look awkward under pressure with the ball at his feet.

======

Alisson vs. Mamardashvili

Untitled.jpg

View: https://x.com/Generaldepie_/status/1823347095866167605

======

Dated 9 Jul 2024
Giorgi Mamardashvili: After Euro 2024 heroics, does a big transfer beckon for Georgia keeper?

Under Gennaro Gattuso, the former AC Milan midfielder and Mamardashvili’s second of four permanent managers since joining Valencia, he was encouraged to play out more from the back. A midfielder would often drop in between the centre-backs to receive the ball from the Georgian.

This helped him to work on his distribution, but it remains the part of his game that requires the most improvement. He can look awkward under pressure with the ball at his feet.

======

Alisson vs. Mamardashvili

View attachment 3586

Thanks @King Binny

- The player has said yes to the deal
- Valencia under pressure to sell after Guerra's deal with Atlético de Madrid fell through, + lack of concrete offers to take Mosquera, Pepelu and other important players from the first team
- Liverpool have 4 loan requests on the table if they manage to get Mamardashvili
- Valencia, who had started with 40 million euros for the player, are going to lower their demands

View: https://x.com/marca/status/1823358754525479355

This is a signing that doesn't make sense, so it will probably happen.

Alisson is under contract till 2027, and we have a glut of excellent young keepers in Kelleher, Jaros, Davies & Pitaluga.

If we sign him, it probably means Alisson has indicated he wants to leave next year

Now I have no idea how good this guy is, but people are going to realise just how good Alisson was once he leaves. Truly a once in a generation keeper - replacing him with literally anyone would be a downgrade
It makes great sense if Ali has indicated to management he’s moving on sooner rather than later. This guy was excellent at the Euros and is very highly rated.
He gets to spend another season in Spain gaining more experience, Ali plays out his last season or two, Kelleher leaves as expected and we would be foolish to bank on Jaros etc coming through now, other youngsters will have more than enough time.

We can’t moan about ‘anyone would be a downgrade’. Of course they would, but nevertheless he will still have to be replaced and this guy looks the bees knees.

- The player has said yes to the deal
- Valencia under pressure to sell after Guerra's deal with Atlético de Madrid fell through, + lack of concrete offers to take Mosquera, Pepelu and other important players from the first team
- Liverpool have 4 loan requests on the table if they manage to get Mamardashvili
- Valencia, who had started with 40 million euros for the player, are going to lower their demands

View: https://x.com/marca/status/1823358754525479355

- 1st offer of 30 million euros rejected
- Valencia trying to hold out for 40 million euros
- Liverpool no intention of raising bid at the current moment

View: https://x.com/TribunaVCF/status/1823406422748434730

I'm fine with getting a high performing replacement in handy. Shame we couldn't do it for mo, fabinho, hendo, van dijk, Robbo, bobby, mane, etc etc

Right, we do it with the one position where aging out is far less likely to be a factor.

I'm convinced FSG choose their sporting directors by taking them out for lunch and seeing if they order the sparkling water or ask for tap. Obviously leaving a tip is an instant disqualification.

hopefully valencia doesn’t have nice mountains or we’re in trouble

this suggests to me that, like everyone is saying, Alisson has declared plans to leave or we believe he will do so in the next summer or two. Also we don’t think Kelleher is good enough or his first team desires don’t align with Alissons departure.

a bit of opportunism combined with planning is a great thing, now do it with midfielders you cunts

Would be kind of surprised if Alisson had much intention of leaving. Where would he go? Madrid? Isn't Courtois still in his prime? And what is he, 30 or so? He should easily have another 5 years so seems way too early to be thinking about replacements.

Would be kind of surprised if Alisson had much intention of leaving. Where would he go? Madrid? Isn't Courtois still in his prime? And what is he, 30 or so? He should easily have another 5 years so seems way too early to be thinking about replacements.
I assume he will have given some sort of indication as to his plans. Signing a potential replacement now and loaning him, like Courtois, is a sensible move. I suspect Alisson has long term plans to set up a church or something and devote himself full time to religion.

If this goes through I’d bet he goes out on a 2 year loan. Comes back at 25 and Alisson moves on.
Finding a top goalkeeper is difficult so it makes sense at that fee.

I assume he will have given some sort of indication as to his plans. Signing a potential replacement now and loaning him, like Courtois, is a sensible move. I suspect Alisson has long term plans to set up a church or something and devote himself full time to religion.

What a wanker.

Reactions: jan
Really can't' get myself up for this. If anything it's a downer as it gives the impression there is a good chance Ali is off, possibly even as early as next summer.

Just sign the next best keeper when it's time and focus on the areas that actually need improving from 2 fucking years ago, he goes out on loan and what if he flops? We're stuck with a dud we just spent 30m on last summer and have no use for. Fantastic idea.

It's an odd deal to make at the moment without indication that Ali might be off soon but this guy looked fantastic at the Euros so I'm down for this camp

its a damn weird shame, as kelleher was very good when he gets a run of games

Reactions: jan
its a damn weird shame, as kelleher was very good when he gets a run of games
I thought it was odd he hasn’t moved on but where would be actually go? Is there any options in a top flight side?

Back
Top Bottom