• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adidas from 25/26

I remember a home shirt being £39.99 when I was like 12 years old, so I don't actually think the current prices are that out of kilter with what they've always been.

True story.
The retail guys had organised a kit launch event at Chevasse Park back in the Rodgers era. They'd got a few of the players down to go on stage for a photoshoot with the general public to show off the new kit a few days before it launched. No-one had their hands on any of the new gear at this point.
5 minutes after the end of the event, some of the players had gone over to the fans on the other side of the barriers to sign autographs and pose for selfies. At this point, one of the staff managing the event noticed that Kolo Toure was standing there in only his bills. The kids had asked if they could have his shirt, his shorts, his socks, his boots. And Kolo, being every bit the nice guy you've been told he is, had handed over the goods.
So some kid somewhere in town had a bona fide Kolo Toure shirt for a few days before the kit was even in the shops.

I remember a home shirt being £39.99 when I was like 12 years old, so I don't actually think the current prices are that out of kilter with what they've always been.
So when you were 12 in 1987 a £40 shirt would be the equivalent of £100. Seems right.

liverpool-kit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom