• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Georgian on my mind

I’d probably agree with that, but would any potential suitors see him as as £20-30 million improvement on what they have?

I’d probably agree with that, but would any potential suitors see him as as £20-30 million improvement on what they have?
Cheeky homegrown spot as well.

Honestly i dunno, but i always feel that keeper is an area than can be improved upon for most sides. It tends to be a low risk gamble.

Its not a bad idea to sign this lad now, its a brilliant idea. He's 23 which is very young for GK, and proved at the Euros that he's one of the best up and coming GKs. Chelsea were quoted 80 mill when trying to buy him last season.
28 mill for him now and not have to worry about it 1-2 years down the line when Ali leaves is brilliant, and just what we are crying we haven't done in other positions.

If it goes through its great and a promising start. The 6 debate is another story and not very good so far.

If we loan him to Bournemouth then Hughes will have brought more players into Bournemouth than Liverpool this transfer window, even though he left their staff 3 months ago.

Cant loan him to Bournemouth appaz given PL rules.

It's hard to get excited, but it's a sign we must rate him highly.

Many top clubs have been struggling or changing keepers for years. Chelsea, Arsenal, and United have had ongoing issues in the GK role in England alone, so if results towards a successful transition from Alisson then I'm fine with it.

Let's face it, it's not restricting our spending this summer.

Wonder if there's a world where we loan out or sell Kelleher and put this guy straight onto the bench?

Again though, unless we get a mega offer for Alisson, there is no way we should let him leave whether he wants a change of scenery or not. Bernado Silva has seemingly wanted to leave City for a change of scenery since he got there and he's been kept.

Alisson is still young (for a keeper) with no obvious signs of decline (as far as we know) and still has, what, 3 years left on his contract? And we also have a capable HG backup in Kelleher.

As said before, I'm all for making future plays but right now we have immediate issues of succession that appear to be going unaddressed yet again.

If we get this guy AND do all the other business that needs doing, all good. It's unlikely we are going to lose money - he either joins eventually or we sell him for a profit (assuming he continues to do well on loan).

If our only major business is spunking 30M on this guy, I'm just baffled.

The new regime has to start somewhere with future planning for positions. If the first piece to fall into place is at goalkeeper then so be it.

My guess is a 2 year loan and Alisson have informed the club that he's leaving at that point with 1 year left of his deal. Imho. Then Marmalade will be 25 and Alisson 32 (still young for a GK but maybe difficult to negotiate a 200k+ a week salary at that point).

The new regime has to start somewhere with future planning for positions. If the first piece to fall into place is at goalkeeper then so be it.

My guess is a 2 year loan and Alisson have informed the club that he's leaving at that point with 1 year left of his deal. Imho. Then Marmalade will be 25 and Alisson 32 (still young for a GK but maybe difficult to negotiate a 200k+ a week salary at that point).

We've seen gambled and lost when it's come to not strengthening before (quite recently in fact) and it can easily come at the cost of not making the CL and making the the required rebuild even harder (see: having to replace an entire midfield at once).

I very much doubt Alisson has told the club he's leaving in two years. That is a long time in football and anything can happen.

My guess is that it's exactly as Beamrider said, they view this as a "moneyball" signing or in plain English, a bargain that is too good to pass up. That's fine. Come the end of the transfer window, however, I'd like to see some evidence that the more pressing priorities haven't just been ignored / pushed further down the line.

Not related to this GK but one benefit of ditching Adrian and having Jaros in the squad means that our strikers are facing a much better keeper in training. Its rare to have the GK or even #2 in goal for majority of shooting drills, so Jaros (and pitaluga too) will up the standard required for the attackers to score... theoretically.

We've seen gambled and lost when it's come to not strengthening before (quite recently in fact) and it can easily come at the cost of not making the CL and making the the required rebuild even harder (see: having to replace an entire midfield at once).

I very much doubt Alisson has told the club he's leaving in two years. That is a long time in football and anything can happen.

My guess is that it's exactly as Beamrider said, they view this as a "moneyball" signing or in plain English, a bargain that is too good to pass up. That's fine. Come the end of the transfer window, however, I'd like to see some evidence that the more pressing priorities haven't just been ignored / pushed further down the line.

I dont think we make this signing unless we have already made up our minds about extending Alissons contract or not.

Marmelade is to good to be a back up though.

images

Mamardashvili will join Bournemouth on loan directly from Valencia and then join Liverpool 2025. Bournemouth have said yes, the player has said yes, negotiations ongoing.
@FabrizioRomano

It's different. But I like it!

I guess in the shake out of this it'll be a so long Irish Kevin and thanks for all the shoes. Should get a decent wedge for him too. But when will that sale happen, next Summer? But why wouldn't he push for that move now?

come on lads, it's so obvious. It's a new Edwards tactic - he's bring groomed for an innovative new position - the goalkeeper #6,

So are Valencia loaning him to Bournemouth and then we're buying him after?

Looks like a big lad with cat-like reflects and a good angry GK keeper after having to do, well, anything, which is key.

Back
Top Bottom