• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

Do you know what, watching MOTD back he actually did create a number of chances and had other chances to score so he wasn't all trash tonight.

The set up to Nunez when he cracks the bar.
The cushioned header set up to Nunez when he miscues his shot.
Nice little one two with Nunez when he gets hit back and has his shot saved from a tight angle.
Obviously the rebound from the corner when Diaz has his header saved and blazed over the bar.
The assist for Endo.

On another day he gets at least another assist.

It's the 1v1 with the fullbacks where he doesn't get much joy from these days, he's marshaled fairly easily in that sense but he's still very much a threat.
Yeah saw that too, the work and setup for Endo was pretty handy. Missed that initially in all cheering.
The 1v1 on with Fullbacks he doesn't seem to do much with it anymore, I'm always screaming at him to take his man on nowadays but he seems tentative. I don't think it's purely pace as he does seem to have that on the break, not sure what's the issue is. He often seems to have space to shift it and hit but doesn't seem to now.

Yeah saw that too, the work and setup for Endo was pretty handy. Missed that initially in all cheering.
The 1v1 on with Fullbacks he doesn't seem to do much with it anymore, I'm always screaming at him to take his man on nowadays but he seems tentative. I don't think it's purely pace as he does seem to have that on the break, not sure what's the issue is. He often seems to have space to shift it and hit but doesn't seem to now.

I think he’s just out of form, even though he’s still delivering.

Hopfully he hits one of those streak from Feb to May when not only does he score and assist, but rips teams apart with skill, pace and movement.

Hopefully at the same time Darwin is equally unplayable - in the good sense of being unplayable… not in the barely makes the bench sense.

That miss + the one he should have passed earlier on...

its the right time to sell him if a big offer comes.
i still find it strange Klopp is playing him every single game.
He plays because he is the fittest player in the squad and also is impervious to ... I won't mention it.

Do you know what, watching MOTD back he actually did create a number of chances and had other chances to score so he wasn't all trash tonight.

The set up to Nunez when he cracks the bar.
The cushioned header set up to Nunez when he miscues his shot.
Nice little one two with Nunez when he gets hit back and has his shot saved from a tight angle.
Obviously the rebound from the corner when Diaz has his header saved and blazed over the bar.
The assist for Endo.

On another day he gets at least another assist.

It's the 1v1 with the fullbacks where he doesn't get much joy from these days, he's marshaled fairly easily in that sense but he's still very much a threat.
One has to note though that being marshaled has led to him being far more creative for others ... though that may be chicken and egg, he may be deliberately standing off or looking to create instead of continually trying to skin the FB.

One has to note though that being marshaled has led to him being far more creative for others ... though that may be chicken and egg, he may be deliberately standing off or looking to create instead of continually trying to skin the FB.

He tried to skin a fullback about a hundred times, losing the ball about every single time. The penny hasn't dropped for you, maybe it finally did for him. There's a reason why he is defended individually out wide now, and it isn't because teams think he has forgotten he can dribble and hope he won't remember.

He tried to skin a fullback about a hundred times, losing the ball about every single time. The penny hasn't dropped for you, maybe it finally did for him. There's a reason why he is defended individually out wide now, and it isn't because teams think he has forgotten he can dribble and hope he won't remember.
So you say. And if you think teams now play 1 on 1 for him then you'd better get your eyes checked.

The right time to sell a player that already has 20 goal contributions in the first 20 games of the season. Fucking hell. As said previously on here. Salah doesnt get the credit he deserves, even if he didnt dribble past his fullback last night (which is the most important factor in the game obviously).

Why on earth would you sell him now? We can win the fucking title.

Neto is to injury prone though. But setting the team up with a long term replacement would be great.

I agree selling him now would be mad. Buying a RW replacement/understudy now would be a stroke of genius. But obviously we won't do it.

Please sign Neto

I like Neto but he's not the guy. He's more injury prone than Jota. Seems pointless and expensive

Would be great but too different to mo I think.

It's hard. there isn't a plethora of top class rw at the minute

Bakayoko could be the one. But I think we have to adjust a bit in regards to what we are looking for. There wont be any players that can replace his goals so we have to see who can fit in the best with our current attack (without Salah) and elevate other parts of the game.

Bakayoko could be the one. But I think we have to adjust a bit in regards to what we are looking for. There wont be any players that can replace his goals so we have to see who can fit in the best with our current attack (without Salah) and elevate other parts of the game.

He's definitely one we should be targeting but he needs to hone his craft more. Like, but him and loan him back for 2 years, or loan to a more competitive league.

We struggle to offer the minutes to develop players on the cusp

Fiorentina's Gonzalez please or Dortmund's Adeyemi/Malen.

Failing those, I've been a big fan of Mbeumo the last few seasons....there's a lot to work with there and something tells me he'd be someone Klopp would relish working with.

He's definitely one we should be targeting but he needs to hone his craft more. Like, but him and loan him back for 2 years, or loan to a more competitive league.

We struggle to offer the minutes to develop players on the cusp

I dont think it would be a problem to sign him next summer and integrate him into the squad. It worked out well with Gakpo.

Here's the thing, People go on about Salah goal scoring, (which has diminished from last season), has he seems to get a lot more goals on the plate (Strikers seeking him out in the box) rather than him making those runs,twist and turn and doing those things to set the goal up himself like we saw the first three/four seasons he was here.Him curling the ball into the top corner has disappeared from his game

Yes he has been making a lot of assists... I believe that I was one of the first here to point that out.
But I have also commented on and pointed out that the other strikers, Nunez in perticular tend to look to pass to Salah even when, a) there is a shot on that he is in a better position to take himself, b) there is someone in a better position to pass too.

I believe that if Salah was not starting near enough every game the other striker would come to understand one anothers game play better, and as a unit score a lot more goals and would learn that they do not have to seek him out on every attacking play.
When we had Salah,Mane ane Bobby the ball did not go to Salah 90% of the attacks. They would all look for one another, hence the 2019 season when they scored 22 goals a piece.

I would like to see Salah played less in the run up to the AFCON, to give the other the chance to# build a better understanig with one another

He plays because he is the fittest player in the squad and also is impervious to ... I won't mention it.
I ve got that little feeling Klopp plays him even in cup games to improve his Goals/Assists stats and use those stats to raise/justify the (big)selling price when transfer window comes in January.
Also, why playing your main striker every single game, knowing hes leaving for AFCON and will be back knackered after tournament for the rest of the season?

I ve got that little feeling Klopp plays him even in cup games to improve his Goals/Assists stats and use those stats to raise/justify the (big)selling price when transfer window comes in January.
Also, why playing your main striker every single game, knowing hes leaving for AFCON and will be back knackered after tournament for the rest of the season?

The same reason Messi always played. Managers always play their biggest star / ego.

Here's the thing, People go on about Salah goal scoring, (which has diminished from last season), has he seems to get a lot more goals on the plate (Strikers seeking him out in the box) rather than him making those runs,twist and turn and doing those things to set the goal up himself like we saw the first three/four seasons he was here.Him curling the ball into the top corner has disappeared from his game

Yes he has been making a lot of assists... I believe that I was one of the first here to point that out.
But I have also commented on and pointed out that the other strikers, Nunez in perticular tend to look to pass to Salah even when, a) there is a shot on that he is in a better position to take himself, b) there is someone in a better position to pass too.

I believe that if Salah was not starting near enough every game the other striker would come to understand one anothers game play better, and as a unit score a lot more goals and would learn that they do not have to seek him out on every attacking play.
When we had Salah,Mane ane Bobby the ball did not go to Salah 90% of the attacks. They would all look for one another, hence the 2019 season when they scored 22 goals a piece.

I would like to see Salah played less in the run up to the AFCON, to give the other the chance to# build a better understanig with one another

Salah had 4 goals in 14 PL games last season. This season he has 10 in 14. It kinda puts a dent in the diminished from last season.

Yeah this is what Klopp is doing, fattening up Salah like a Christmas Turkey to be sold to hungry Middle Eastern clubs…

It's not Klopp wanting Salah to play, it's the opposite, Salah can't stand being rested. I've heard Klopp mention it before.
I also just saw an interview with Harvey Elliott, apparently Salah can't stop talking about his stats.
Here:

From 28:33

Salah had 4 goals in 14 PL games last season. This season he has 10 in 14. It kinda puts a dent in the diminished from last season.
Yes it does if you only look at Last season..., And how many for this season are from other setting him up in the box vs him creating the goal himself..? and then how many has he scored from the penalty sport...,? doesn't look so good now

It's not Klopp wanting Salah to play, it's the opposite, Salah can't stand being rested. I've heard Klopp mention it before.
I also just saw an interview with Harvey Elliott, apparently Salah can't stop talking about his stats.
Here:

From 28:33

Thats the sign of a winner and an elite goslscorer though. Its the same for each and everyone of those at the top.

I saw rumours that we’re “seriously” interested in Leroy Sane as Salah replacement. Although he’s more of a Mane for me; great all-around creative talent, but not a pure scorer.

Back
Top Bottom