• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money does indeed talk, true talk.

And yes if anyone implied Hendo could’ve left for Saudi, you’d have had everyone laughing at you saying not a chance, but people still pretend to be shocked when discover it isn’t as far-fetched as it may seem in ones head.

Henderson had his position threatened though. Fabinho possibly the same.

I don't think there is any threat to Salah's position. He will start virtually every game if he stays.

The money is obviously a big factor for the players (not the selling clubs) but I would imagine that the money will still be on the table for Salah from the Saudis next year or even the year after.

If money wasn’t important to Mo why did we have the protracted contract talks?

What if Mo downs tools?
He’s too much of a professional to do that. The joker in the lack is his agent who’s given to shooting off his mouth.

I reckon the Saudis will lowball. Just as everyone else does. Thing, though, is that we’d need to give them (and his agent) a deadline. Before the first kickoff of the season.

Last edited:
He’s too much of a professional to do that. I reckon the Saudis will lowball. Just as everyone else does. Thing, though, is that we’d need to give them (and his agent) a deadline. Before the first kickoff of the season.

Or we don't be cunts for once and we anticipate he's destined to be Saudi bound and we do our own homework before our deadline.

It seems clear that these chancers are more prepared to offer the player fortunes and unsettle them rather than offer the club a big fee.

This is exactly it.
Now they will have another month to unsettle them. Hope we can be strong and threaten some legal action for speaking to the player’s without clubs permission. We already did our Fab and Hendo business so no need to bend over to them again.

Nah, I think the interest is real but its also true that Salah is focused on Liverpool.

The Saudis don't want to get into a situation where they owe a club money, because they're not actually going to pay their bills, and ripping players off is less legally problematic than ripping clubs off.

Yea someone mentioned it in one of the other threads there’s a fair chance some of these guys won’t see all the money promised. Maybe not so much the high profile guys.

Nah, I think the interest is real but its also true that Salah is focused on Liverpool.

There might be interest but the figures are clearly made up to generate chat. They paid 60M for Malcom (though that one definitely feels dodgy).

The Saudis don't want to get into a situation where they owe a club money, because they're not actually going to pay their bills, and ripping players off is less legally problematic than ripping clubs off.
100% this. If players don't get paid then they could, theoretically, appeal to FIFA, who could impose a transfer ban on the clubs concerned but the chances a player will do this will be much lower than for a club owed a transfer fee. After all, the player would probably be expected to pursue the matter through local courts first and in an authoritarian regime where the accused club is part-owned by the state, that's just not going to work. I'm amazed this hasn't already happened to Ronaldo, but maybe they're making an exception for the poster boy.

I don't think anyone's averse to selling Mo, but it has to be in the 9 figures range. We might not win any trophies but we will have the best set of accounts in all of the PL

This is clearly a made up rumour.
Mohamed Salah is "committed" to Liverpool according to his agent, amid speculation about a potential big money move to Saudi Arabia.

Saudi newspaper Al Riyadiah claims Al-Ittihad made an approach and offered a two-year contract worth £155m to Salah on top of a £52m transfer fee

Why would we want to deal with them anymore this summer anyway? The two other transfers to Saudi was a fucking pain.

I said a few weeks ago that they must have approached Mo, the number one draw for Arabs, but he's turned them down. Otherwise a deal would have gone through - at a much higher transfer fee.

That said I'm sure he'll move next season and that, and the fee, would suit our team transformation.

Another thing to at least bear in mind about Salah is that he appears very personally ambitious, and always has. He gets openly grumpy when he doesn't win things like World player of the year for example.

Players in Saudi aren't winning things like that any time soon, neither are players in the US. It is still gonna be concentrated on European clubs.

He might well let money override that. We shall see, but just something to consider.

I said a few weeks ago that they must have approached Mo, the number one draw for Arabs, but he's turned them down. Otherwise a deal would have gone through - at a much higher transfer fee.

That said I'm sure he'll move next season and that, and the fee, would suit our team transformation.

I agree with the first part of your post. Second, I am not sure because of his ambition. I think he wants a shot at winning the CL once more.

I agree with the first part of your post. Second, I am not sure because of his ambition. I think he wants a shot at winning the CL once more.
I always wanted Mo here for this season but next year depends on a) how he performs this season b) what fee we're offered and c) how our rebuild is going.

I always wanted Mo here for this season but next year depends on a) how he performs this season b) what fee we're offered and c) how our rebuild is going.
It's all about B for me.
- £100 mill?
- Ma3 Salama, Mo! (Basically, peace out [emoji3577])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom