• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Saudi Arabian side Al-Ittihad will offer Liverpool60m euros (£51.8m) for Mohamed Salah and are prepared to pay the 31-year-old Egypt forward 180m euros (£155m) over a two-year deal.

If this turns out to be true the tinfoil hat would be firmly on.

Take our captain and DM late in the window.

Take our best player after the window is shut.

It would feel like a targeted assault to destroy us and remove us from challenging.

Horribly low offer too if it were to happen.

Sure we’d get more money but it would create even more problems for Klopp.

Surely no fan would entertain this even Momo?

Not at that price and we need to have someone lined up to come in. Come back in 12 months with an improved offer on June 1st.

I think Klopp had an inkling this would happen. Our window shuts before the Saudis’ and we’d be up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I think Klopp had an inkling this would happen. Our window shuts before the Saudis’ and we’d be up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
Exactly and we cannot lose him at this stage. Would destroy us.

Swap his wage packet with the transfer fee and we can at least think about it. Otherwise those cunts can fuck off.

It's tempting to value Mo just on his footballing ability, but his worth is more than that, especially to a league looking to expand its appeal abroad. He has an almost unique profile in World football - a genuine superstar with an appeal in Islamic and African countries. So you should add a premium to whatever you think he's worth as a footballer and then tell the Saudis they'll have to pay even more for not coming for him in June.
Not happening at this price.

It's tempting to value Mo just on his footballing ability, but his worth is more than that, especially to a league looking to expand its appeal abroad. He has an almost unique profile in World football - a genuine superstar with an appeal in Islamic and African countries. So you should add a premium to whatever you think he's worth as a footballer and then tell the Saudis they'll have to pay even more for not coming for him in June.
What are they smoking over there? They need to lay off the shisha.

Hopefully this window passes without incident regarding Mo because I can envision his agent being a right pain in the arse if they want a move. It should be taken as a warning to be prepared to replace him in the next window or two though.

Mo and Virgil are the two i thought this might happen with this season and in principle not a terrible idea to sell for big money but not in august thankyou.

What if Mo downs tools?

Well it was nice knowing ya Mo, thanks for being the Egyptian king we’ve all come to adore and cherish.

Hopefully this window passes without incident regarding Mo because I can envision his agent being a right pain in the arse if they want a move. It should be taken as a warning to be prepared to replace him in the next window or two though.

Mo and Virgil are the two i thought this might happen with this season and in principle not a terrible idea to sell for big money but not in august thankyou.
I would’ve guessed both would be out the door next summer. However, Virgil getting the captaincy makes me think again.

We won't sell, not this late, but a deal could be made for next summer possibly.

Weren't we told by some on here that the Saudi clubs would pay an absolute fortune for Salah, and we should cash in? A measly 50 million doesn't sound like a fortune.

Hopefully we will tell them where to go. Ideally Salah himself will also tell them where to go.

People would have thought the same about Henderson.

Money talks.
Money does indeed talk, true talk.

And yes if anyone implied Hendo could’ve left for Saudi, you’d have had everyone laughing at you saying not a chance, but people still pretend to be shocked when discover it isn’t as far-fetched as it may seem in ones head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom