• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

Come on Modo - nether of them were at the “top of their game”.

Name me a player City have sold at the top of their game - you won’t find one - not recently.

If the player attitude is right and they’re contributing - they’ll keep them until they wring every last drop out of them.

Selling when attitude or performance drops is a different thing.

They've sold players that they were happy with the offers with, just like we should if we got 100m+ for Salah. He'll be 32. We've seen the top of his game come and go.

Jesus Sane Sterling Mahrez Laporte Zinchenko Palmer

Come on Modo - nether of them were at the “top of their game”.

Name me a player City have sold at the top of their game - you won’t find one - not recently.

If the player attitude is right and they’re contributing - they’ll keep them until they wring every last drop out of them.

Selling when attitude or performance drops is a different thing.
Laporte wasn't bad and neither was Sterling.
Sterling is Chelsea's best player atm.
How about Leroy Sané?
Joao Cancelo?

Would we have sold that Palmer kid?

Although it's true that City kept the likes of Fernandinho, Kompany and Silva well past their due date, the difference is the cheating bastards can afford it.
The £100-200 mill we'd get for Salah would really help us.

We’re in this fantasy world where we think a £150m bid is coming in.

Sterling & Laporte were sold for less than they were bought for.

Mane is probably a better gauge

What if we have offers on the table for £30m for Salah at the end of the season?

Do you take that or another season of 30+ goals and assists?

What if we have offers on the table for £30m for Salah at the end of the season?

It's not fantasy at all really seeing as we've already rejected a 150m from them.

Sterling was bought by City for £50m and sold to Chelsea for....£50m. You are correct on Laporte.

No of course we don't accept £30m, who said anything about £30m? You sell for what a players worth. Salah to the Saudi's in the summer will still very much be worth at least £100m.

They've sold players that they were happy with the offers with, just like we should if we got 100m+ for Salah. He'll be 32. We've seen the top of his game come and go.

Jesus Sane Sterling Mahrez Laporte Zinchenko Palmer

All of those were surplus and none were critical.

They also hung on to Fernandinho, Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Gundogan and are doing so with De Bruyne & Walker - could have got good money for all - but sometimes selling isn’t the way.

It's not fantasy at all really seeing as we've already rejected a 150m from them.

Sterling was bought by City for £50m and sold to Chelsea for....£50m. You are correct on Laporte.

No of course we don't accept £30m, who said anything about £30m? You sell for what a players worth. Salah to the Saudi's in the summer will still very much be worth at least £100m.

You sell for what someone’s willing to pay for him.

What he’s worth is different.

Bringing City into this is a bit silly anyway, they have endless money to go out and sign the next big player.....we can't, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

You sell for what someone’s willing to pay for him.

What he’s worth is different.
Ok and the fact is they were willing to pay £150m for him 4 months ago. So suddenly that's gonna drop down to £30m is it when he's still producing? That's fantasy.

How about Leroy Sané?
Joao Cancelo?

Although it's true that City kept the likes of Fernandinho, Kompany and Silva well past their due date, the difference is the cheating bastards can afford it.

I didn’t say they were bad - I said they were surplus to requirement.

Sane I’ll give you - but he wanted to go.

It’s well documented that Pep thought Cancelo wasn’t putting the effort in.

Salah is putting the effort in and us delivering - I’ve no issue in keeping him for as long as that continues and I’ve no interest in selling him while he is delivering.

The reason why I didn't use Mané as an example is because he was pretty much finished. We saw the decline. Sterling wasn't finished and honestly I didn't think Laporte was either, that one surprised me.

Well obviously, £30 mill isn't enough. I'd rather keep him in that case. Best case scenario for me would honestly be extending Salah's contract with a year and signing someone like Pedro Neto or Oliseh as his back up. Let them get settled and then sell Salah.
However, if Salah doesn't want to sign a new contract or is asking for too much, then I don't see any other option than selling

Ok and the fact is they were willing to pay £150m for him 4 months ago. So suddenly that's gonna drop down to £30m is it when he's still producing? That's fantasy.

Of course his “price tag” will drop - what’s your floor for what would make you sell?

The reason why I didn't use Mané as an example is because he was pretty much finished. We saw the decline. Sterling wasn't finished and honestly I didn't think Laporte was either, that one surprised me.

Well obviously, £30 mill isn't enough. I'd rather keep him in that case. Best case scenario for me would honestly be extending Salah's contract with a year and signing someone like Pedro Neto or Oliseh as his back up. Let them get settled and then sell Salah.
However, if we Salah doesn't want to sign a new contract or is asking for too much, then I don't see any other option than selling

We could afford to drop £70m on Oliseh in the summer and retain Salah for another year - if that’s the plan.

I didn’t say they were bad - I said they were surplus to requirement.

Sane I’ll give you - but he wanted to go.

It’s well documented that Pep thought Cancelo wasn’t putting the effort in.

Salah is putting the effort in and us delivering - I’ve no issue in keeping him for as long as that continues and I’ve no interest in selling him while he is delivering.

I wish Klopp would have sold some of the players that were underachieving for us, before their contract was up.

We could afford to drop £70m on Oliseh in the summer and retain Salah for another year - if that’s the plan.
I wouldn't mind that. Just as long as we don't let Salah go for free the year after. That wouldn't make sense to me.

Bringing City into this is a bit silly anyway, they have endless money to go out and sign the next big player.....we can't, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

Why’s it silly - even with their endless money - they make smart decisions - that’s why they and not their neighbours, who have spent more, are winning everything.

What would you do if someone offered £40m for Badger or more than we paid for Diaz or Nunez? What price Alisson?

How about Leroy Sané?
Joao Cancelo?

None of them are Salah.
He is a true club legend, we never sold Carra, Gerrard, Hyppia, Barnes (was there a small fee?)
Sometimes, you have to act like be a proper big club and accept what we brought him for and what we got out of him.

I wish Klopp would have sold some of the players that were underachieving for us, before their contract was up.

I don’t disagree, but Salah isn’t one of those underachieving players.

None of them are Salah.
He is a true club legend, we never sold Carra, Gerrard, Hyppia, Barnes (was there a small fee?)
Sometimes, you have to act like be a proper big club and accept what we brought him for and what we got out of him.
We sold Rush, Beardsley, Keegan, Souness, Aldridge, Fowler, Owen

I wouldn't mind that. Just as long as we don't let Salah go for free the year after. That wouldn't make sense to me.

Why - Carragher, Hyppia, Gerrard, Barnes, Hansen, Rush, Hamman… sometimes you just let that player stay and let them leave on their own terms with your blessing.

We don’t need to cash in - and the club needs to have a strategy in place that accounts for it - I’d argue that needing £150m from Salah is just bad management.

Why - Carragher, Hyppia, Gerrard, Barnes, Hansen, Rush, Hamman… sometimes you just let that player stay and let them leave on their own terms with your blessing.

We don’t need to cash in - and the club needs to have a strategy in place that accounts for it - I’d argue that needing £150m from Salah is just bad management.
Normally I wouldn't mind that. But £150 mill for a 32 year old with a year left in June would be mad to turn down.

We sold Rush, Beardsley, Keegan, Souness, Aldridge, Fowler, Owen

Again - come on Modo.

Rush & Fowler left on frees (2nd time round).

Keegan & Souness wanted to go - Aldridge didn’t and I still don’t quite understand why he was sold.

Beardsley shouldn’t have been sold - that was Souness being a cunt.

Owen ran down his contract, wanted to go and we got a pittance - we’d have been as well keeping him and letting him leave on a free.

What about the very real possibility that he doesn't want to play in some turd meme league that everyone is laughing at.

funny i was just thinking to myself as i read this thread does the Saudi league still exist? I’m guessing yes but I’ve heard nothing about it for the last month or so since the stories about hendo playing to a crowd of 6 grannys and a dog

Salah won’t fancy that until he’s done done

Normally I wouldn't mind that. But £150 mill for a 32 year old with a year left in June would be mad to turn down.

So what’s you floor? What’s the price you wouldn’t go below for selling Salah.

What’s his goals and assist worth?

Again - come on Modo.

Rush & Fowler left on frees (2nd time round).

Keegan & Souness wanted to go - Aldridge didn’t and I still don’t quite understand why he was sold.

Beardsley shouldn’t have been sold - that was Souness being a cunt.

Owen ran down his contract, wanted to go and we got a pittance - we’d have been as well keeping him and letting him leave on a free.
Yeah I know, but it's not always that simple. Sometimes we do sell club legends, I mean we still demanded a fee.

So what’s you floor? What’s the price you wouldn’t go below for selling Salah.

What’s his goals and assist worth?
I'd say what the cost of his 20-24 years old replacement would be. Maybe around £60-70 mill.
If we're at the final hours before the window shuts and the last offer is below £60 mill, I'd keep Salah.

funny i was just thinking to myself as i read this thread does the Saudi league still exist? I’m guessing yes but I’ve heard nothing about it for the last month or so since the stories about hendo playing to a crowd of 6 grannys and a dog

Salah won’t fancy that until he’s done done

Agreed. I could see him wanting to try a couple of years at one of barca or madrid but he already earns fifty million quid a year. I don't think he'd be into trashing his name while he's still got another CL in him.

Back
Top Bottom