• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Fabs zero trophies after Fabs loads.
Maybe he's not a legend but he's not a legend in the same way Markus Babbel isn't a legend. Still fucking great players and contributors to LFC's success.
And unlike Hendo, Fabs was on the pitch when it was time for penalties and he also scored and assisted some important goals.
One bad season doesn't change anything for me.

Last edited:
Among all the tributes and reminiscences about Fabinho, I think we have to also acknowledge the simple truth - what happened last season really sullied his reputation and downgraded him from almost legendary status to a player with very high peaks and very low lows, rather than a uniformly excellent one.

He spent 5 seasons at Liverpool and was great for 3.5 of them and crap for 1.5 (his first 6 months and last 12). Despite being one of our senior players he never really grew into a leader off the pitch and remained pretty reclusive by all accounts. Unlike someone like Henderson, you never had a sense Fabinho particularly “got” Liverpool - he would have been exactly the same player had he played elsewhere and the fact he so readily accepted the Saudi “adventure” at age 29 rather than attempt to right the wrongs of last season, to leave with his head held high, kind of confirmed the impression that ultimately he was a bit of a mercenary. A very good one, to be sure. A brilliant cog in the machine. But a Liverpool legend he is not.
Don't agree sorry. The trajectory of most of our players was the same last season, for the obvious reasons listed over and over which most accept, but some won't, and Fabs ended the season playing well as the team had clearly recovered from their early season travails.

Mercenary? You can bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of players (and everyone on this forum) would jump at being offered x4 to x10 their salary for the next 2-3 years.
I find it ridiculously hypocritical for people to criticise the players when they know they'd accept it too (it's easy to say 'I wouldn't' on a forum with nothing at stake) and I wouldn't believe anyone saying they wouldn't.

You compare Fabs to Hendo? I mean like seriously? Where is Hendo now? Weird comparison.

Don't agree sorry. The trajectory of most of our players was the same last season, for the obvious reasons listed over and over which most accept, but some won't, and Fabs ended the season playing well as the team had clearly recovered from their early season travails.

Mercenary? You can bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of players (and everyone on this forum) would jump at being offered x4 to x10 their salary for the next 2-3 years.
I find it ridiculously hypocritical for people to criticise the players when they know they'd accept it too (it's easy to say 'I wouldn't' on a forum with nothing at stake) and I wouldn't believe anyone saying they wouldn't.

You compare Fabs to Hendo? I mean like seriously? Where is Hendo now? Weird comparison.
Spot on

And another thing, some players are afforded another chance on here. "Oh he'll come good next season", I keep reading.
While Fabs who arguably had 3 world class seasons and one bad one suddenly is "persona non grata"?

And another thing, some players are afforded another chance on here. "Oh he'll come good next season", I keep reading.
While Fabs who arguably had 3 world class seasons and one bad one suddenly is "persona non grata"?

That's fans in having an agenda shocker for you, no point even trying to reason with these people,.....they wouldn't know contradiction if it struck them between their eyes.

That's fans in having an agenda shocker for you, no point even trying to reason with these people,.....they wouldn't know contradiction if it struck them between their eyes.
Thing is I don't understand where the agenda comes from? Fabs was fucking great.
The impact he had on the team is close to Van Dijk and Alisson level.

I could definitely understand an agenda against a player who does nothing in his first season. Or if he was shit before he even joined.

But I like Rurik and I really enjoy his posts so I'm a bit surprised on this one.

It's because he went from being dead good to being fucking shit. You didn't watch us last season so you missed it.

Thing is I don't understand where the agenda comes from? Fabs was fucking great.
The impact he had on the team is close to Van Dijk and Alisson level.

I could definitely understand an agenda against a player who does nothing in his first season. Or if he was shit before he even joined.

But I like Rurik and I really enjoy his posts so I'm a bit surprised on this one.

It comes from very self-obnoxious fans who are likely hitting an age where amnesia becomes a cause for concern and can't seem to put aside certain aspects which have nothing to with football over anything that came good during his time at Liverpool. So they highlight this 1001 times into manipulating the real fans that actually care & value the success these players brought to the club to change their minds into their ghastly thinking.

Torres had a fucking shit last season after 3 brilliant ones too....guess where he went to? A fucking sportswashing Chelsea side!!!!!

It's because he went from being dead good to being fucking shit. You didn't watch us last season so you missed it.
You're right I missed a few games but I think I watched enough and I agree he was bad but many of our players were.

I would be careful in projecting your own values onto everyone else and make such assumptions.
Quality of life is about much more than money, when you have the basics covered.

Are we quoting Pennant now and what he writes for cockring.zing as to what happens at the club?
Its not even the Croyden Observer.

It comes from very self-obnoxious fans who are likely hitting an age where amnesia becomes a cause for concern and can't seem to put aside certain aspects which have nothing to with football over anything that came good during his time at Liverpool. So they highlight this 1001 times into manipulating the real fans that actually care & value the success these players brought to the club to change their minds into their ghastly thinking.

Torres had a fucking shit last season after 3 brilliant ones too....guess where he went to? A fucking sportswashing Chelsea side!!!!!
OK...I don't know about all that, lol.
I'm guilty of fighting hyperbole with hyperbole (Carra, Lallana, Hendo), but there's some truth in there too.
I just dont get it in this case, hence my reaction.

Are we quoting Pennant now and what he writes for cockring.zing as to what happens at the club?
Its not even the Croyden Observer.
We're quoting questionable twitter sources daily and had a discussion about fucking dogs. So I think Pennant is relevant, doesn't mean that I believe him.

OK...I don't know about all that, lol.
I'm guilty of fighting hyperbole with hyperbole (Carra, Lallana, Hendo), but there's some truth in there too.
I just dont get it in this case, hence my reaction.
Well in short, some fans are massive cunts.

I would be careful in projecting your own values onto everyone else and make such assumptions.
Quality of life is about much more than money, when you have the basics covered.
Nope. Nothing at all to do with projection. Fact of life. Only Messi and M'Bappe have turned them down and that's because they can still pick up massive money elsewhere. Every other player wishes they would make them an offer.

On here? No chance anyone turns down enough money to secure their children's future for a lifetime. And I wouldn't blame them for it.
The only reason anyone here says they wouldn't is because they know they will never get the opportunity so it's mere platitudes to say 'look at me' in front of their 'mates'. That's fine, it doesn't bother me one iota, why would it - but it's not real life.

Nope. Nothing at all to do with projection. Fact of life. Only Messi and M'Bappe have turned them down and that's because they can still pick up massive money elsewhere. Every other player wishes they would make them an offer.

On here? No chance anyone turns down enough money to secure their children's future for a lifetime. And I wouldn't blame them for it.
The only reason anyone here says they wouldn't is because they know they will never get the opportunity so it's mere platitudes to say 'look at me' in front of their 'mates'. That's fine, it doesn't bother me one iota, why would it - but it's not real life.

Yet you keep assuming everyone think like you.

Also he realised he was finished at Liverpool, 29 or not. Righting the wrongs requires ability to do so— he simply couldn’t.

The only comment i can say to this, is Fabs was always exemplary at reading the game, but still relied on athleticism to get him out of some situations. Last season he wasn't. Last season Klopp publicly bollocked him on the pitch numerous times. Clearly something was untoward, and the crowd picked up on that too.

He was a fucking ghastly footballer last year, for no discernible reason. Add in he's getting closer to 30, when ability does tend to start to decline (and i don't want to hear any bollocks about "but oh modern training techniques"), it made sense that he would be first on the chopping block for replacement (as we'd already been linked to tchoumeni and caicedo the year before).

I think after....28(?), the chances of a resurgence in form become lower and lower. All you can hope is maintaining form. Like Hendo up until last season was consistent. Not great, but not bad. This season he was shite, and we needed to get a replacement; but we already had a few options in harvs/jones/stefan etc. Fabs we had fucking no one

The only comment i can say to this, is Fabs was always exemplary at reading the game, but still relied on athleticism to get him out of some situations. Last season he wasn't. Last season Klopp publicly bollocked him on the pitch numerous times. Clearly something was untoward, and the crowd picked up on that too.

He was a fucking ghastly footballer last year, for no discernible reason. Add in he's getting closer to 30, when ability does tend to start to decline (and i don't want to hear any bollocks about "but oh modern training techniques"), it made sense that he would be first on the chopping block for replacement (as we'd already been linked to tchoumeni and caicedo the year before).

I think after....28(?), the chances of a resurgence in form become lower and lower. All you can hope is maintaining form. Like Hendo up until last season was consistent. Not great, but not bad. This season he was shite, and we needed to get a replacement; but we already had a few options in harvs/jones/stefan etc. Fabs we had fucking no one
But do we actually have the same type expectations on Hendo as we do with other players?

Like seriously, I'm asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom