• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Holy Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donavan Ried

Alive and still kicking, Just
Saudi Pro League club Al Ittihad have put Liverpool defender Joe Gomez high on thier defender list.

I said before the window he’s one of the few players we have who has resale value and doesn’t start for us. However we have left ourselves requiring him in the squad.

Have we signed a centre back since Lovren left?

I said before the window he’s one of the few players we have who has resale value and doesn’t start for us. However we have left ourselves requiring him in the squad.

Have we signed a centre back since Lovren left?

Yes. Konate.

As much as I would like to sell Gomez, I'd sell Konate first. The guy is constantly injured and would give a discount to sell him now and get the OG Nice player

Unless we have another really good centre back all ready to sign (which I highly doubt) then we shouldn't be selling any centre backs this week. It's insane.

Preference?

& the fact that Gomez has been fucking shambolic for about 60 years.
Doesn't make sense, mate.
Quansah is very inexperienced. I agree that Gomez has been poor, but I'd rather not go with a kid right now.

We're in the midst of an injury/suspension crisis of our own making. Annoyingly I wouldn't be selling Gomez now

Doesn't make sense, mate.
Quansah is very inexperienced. I agree that Gomez has been poor, but I'd rather not go with a kid right now.

Why not? Quansah could well prove to be a better option…Gomez has had chance after chance after chance and failed and like I mentioned it’d be as 4th choice until Jan….Virgil and Ibou will both be back after the international break.

He was indeed, he's improved at RB too (he's actually played better there than at CB more recently, and that's something I never thought I'd be saying) and, if Ramsay's not fit/ready/still alive, we need more than only Bradley as an option there. Defo don't sell yet, and possibly not at all if he can stay in the kind of form he showed at the weekend. I was impressed with what I saw of Quansah but it's waaaay previous to be looking to him to be a regular first team option yet.

All of that is true, but currently it's Joemez or nothing and I'd want quality incoming before I let him go. He was class before his first serious injury and I guess I'm hoping he might still reach that level again.

The problem though is that he can look good for a little while, but then he'll do something really stupid. It's not like he's consistently bad, it's the brain farts, unpredictable and so frustrating.

There will be one against Villa. No doubt. Wouldnt sell him though. We need him this season.

Yeah we can't sell him now. Which is also very frustrating. If we had half a plan we'd have got someone in a year ago and be getting fifty million quid for this promising but flawed lad, who managed to lose in a fight to a little scrote who plays for Chelsea.

Yep. The season has started. I doubt we'll get anyone any good in the next few days. We have to deal with what we have.

Ideally Matip, Gomez and Phillips would have left the club a few years ago or at least one year ago and we would have a set of centre backs who aren't either getting old, injury prone, error prone or not really good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom