• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 million for Fabs after last season certainly looks like good business, but you're right, that's a lot of experience gone in one season if we're losing Hendo, Milner and Fabs in one summer.

Yeah 40 million is a tempting offer, but if we're going to the new season with an absolutely brand new midfield, we can forget about winning any trophies.

Lavia is just too young at 19 to come in and be the first choice starter at such a key position.

Right, we're very close to having another midfielder issue.

If hendo and fab go, it's lavia and thuram as a minimum. We would also need another dm

Didnt we dismiss this earlier? It was made clear that Fabinho would not be allowed to leave this summer.
I'd sell him next summer btw.

Yeah 40 million is a tempting offer, but if we're going to the new season with an absolutely brand new midfield, we can forget about winning any trophies.

Lavia is just too young at 19 to come in and be the first choice starter at such a key position.

You never know. Sometimes midfielder can just click.

Knowing us, we will sell Fabinho and keep Henderson, which will be the worst outcome of this situation.

More like we’ll sell Fabs & Hendo, not bring anyone else in and start the season with Thiago, Curtis & Badgertits injured and relying on Morton to hold the midfield together while Mac & Slobberchops figure out what we’re doing.

Then in January, we’ll bring in a left winger.

The manager at Al Ittihad is Nuno. He was the one that brought Fabinho to Europe form Brazil.
Fabinhos agent is Mendes and he has been behind the biggest moves and transfers to the Saudi league.

If these reports are true, it's stick or twist time. I'm inclined to twist.

We've all bemoaned how we've hung on to declining stars for too long, and this is ultimately going to be a season (or two) of transition. Fabinho and Henderson were both woeful last season, and while they may not be as bad this season, they're basically in decline, and neither has the legs for a Klopp midfield any more. So let's say goodbye to the last golden era and usher in a new one.

The manager at Al Ittihad is Nuno. He was the one that brought Fabinho to Europe form Brazil.
Fabinhos agent is Mendes and he has been behind the biggest moves and transfers to the Saudi league.
Twitter makes me laugh. They all think it's Gerrards club and we need 'investigating'.

If we sell Fabinho and Hendo we should shift our target to Caicedo.
Does Klopp want Moises?
If those two go what happens to Thiago? He is being courted by Turkish Clubs... I can see another Saudi club coming in for him too

Considering 6 months ago none of you wet wipes thought Hendo or Fab were worth a dine, or that we could get half a dine.....this is pretty good news.

Sell without a seconds hesitation.

50m doesn’t seem a great deal for both despite their age and doesn’t leave us a huge amount to replace them with.
We have already lost 3 CMs, and still not really address a backup CB and RB yet. Pre season has already started. I’m sure we would save a bit on wages too but needs to be at 75m for both at this stage of the season to be interested personally.

Fab, Hendo, and Thiago leaving for around 75m will be ideal.

We will get nothing for them next season.

Get Lavia, a young CB and RB, we will be laughing.

Sell, sell now!
Love me some Fabs but, not everyday someone comes offering silly money

Its’s not silly money though - It’s £40m for Fabs - that’s not even half a portion of Rice in today’s market.

That’s less than 19 yo Lavia, less than Mount after a shit season and with 1 year left on his contract and about what Southampton are looking for Ward-Prowse.

Silly money would be £70-80m - in which case I’d gnaw their arm off and start nibbling on their ribs.

Its’s not silly money though - It’s £40m for Fabs - that’s not even half a portion of Rice in today’s market.

That’s less than 19 yo Lavia, less than Mount after a shit season and with 1 year left on his contract and about what Southampton are looking for Ward-Prowse.

Silly money would be £70-80m - in which case I’d gnaw their arm off and start nibbling on their ribs.

You're comparing him with English players and a home grown young player.
I don't think anyone from the big leagues would offer us £40 mill for soon to be 30 year old Fabs.

Fab, Hendo, and Thiago leaving for around 75m will be ideal.

We will get nothing for them next season.

Get Lavia, a young CB and RB, we will be laughing.

Our key targets, Colwill & Lavia will cost upwards of £100m, although we don’t need a young RB.

Also - we’ll be doing well to get upwards of £60m for them 3.

You're comparing him with English players and a home grown young player.
I don't think anyone from the big leagues would offer us £40 mill for soon to be 30 year old Fabs.

That’s the point - no-one’s offering us silly money - and £40m isn’t something a shit EPL team couldn’t afford - Everton paid more that that for Gyfly Sigurdsson 5 years ago.

At £40m Fabs is a bargain - because of one shit season where you could probably pin point a pile of other issues that created conditions that meant he was likely to fail.

It’s well documented - it’s not on Fabs that our forward press fell apart - fixing the forward press is more important than getting relative chicken feed for Fabs - because whoever you put in there to replace him is likely to fail if the other issues aren’t addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom